Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 488
  1. #436
    Tiresome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,922
    Reputation
    47
    Thanks
    116
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Just the way were raised, with time and shizzit.
    Lets go smoke out mah Steamroller
    >:L
    Yeah. I was thinking that too.


    It's like if a little kid was raised religious, it'll be difficult to tell them that it's all fake or whatever you want to tell them.

  2. #437
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    I read through everything, twice. I don't see a single point that even approaches demonstrating that time doesn't exist.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  3. #438
    raphaterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    im not tellin you no more...
    Posts
    2,039
    Reputation
    36
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I read through everything, twice. I don't see a single point that even approaches demonstrating that time doesn't exist.
    i love your sig

    and yea well, i guess humans get tired because sun drop...

    Basically your just substituting words for time...

  4. #439
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    I read through everything, twice. I don't see a single point that even approaches demonstrating that time doesn't exist.
    I haven't seen one that does?

  5. #440
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I haven't seen one that does?
    You can't have motion in only three dimensions. We live in a universe with motion, implying a fourth dimension we dubbed time.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  6. #441
    MJLover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Neverland
    Posts
    763
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    110
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    This thread is already done. Time Does Exists !!! /yea

  7. #442
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    So you're saying motion=time?

  8. #443
    raphaterz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    im not tellin you no more...
    Posts
    2,039
    Reputation
    36
    Thanks
    182
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    So you're saying motion=time?
    What do you think is happening during the motion?

  9. #444
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    So you're saying motion=time?
    The only reason there is motion is because of time. Casual link isn't an equivalency.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  10. #445
    ben2134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Ugh, i feel i must get back in this seeing as Paroxysm's last statement was complete non-sense, how the fuck does motion have anything to do with time? i see how speed would, because speed is a calculation of how long it took that motion to get from point A to point B, using time... seriously thought, if you could explain how the fuck time has anything to do with motion, i would love to hear =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

  11. #446
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by ben2134 View Post
    Ugh, i feel i must get back in this seeing as Paroxysm's last statement was complete non-sense, how the fuck does motion have anything to do with time? i see how speed would, because speed is a calculation of how long it took that motion to get from point A to point B, using time... seriously thought, if you could explain how the fuck time has anything to do with motion, i would love to hear =)
    Like five pages back, I answered that too. Someone else said Motion has to do with time. The fuck? We shouldn't even have to state that.

  12. #447
    ben2134's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Like five pages back, I answered that too. Someone else said Motion has to do with time. The fuck? We shouldn't even have to state that.
    I agree, that's something you would say if you were out of options lol

    even then, that's just going to the extreme dumbness


    at the people who actually said this

    I would like to see you prove how the hell motion has anything to do with time =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibstor View Post
    awesome trade with him I went first everthing went PERFECTLY! +1
    Newest Piece

  13. #448
    Jabuuty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21,231
    Reputation
    1468
    Thanks
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresome View Post
    You can forget time or become preoccupied so that you don't notice when it passes.

    However, I could hardly say that you can dismiss its existence from a few experiences of daydreaming or something of the sort.


    By the way, not reading 44 pages. I'll read about 15 max, not 40+.
    I think that manipulating 'time' is possible.
    To have the ability to control your mind that time is passing by faster or slower.
    Why do I think this?
    If we sleep, do we notice that we just went through some hours? Even though our 1-20 dreams we had that night felt like they were only 30seconds to 5 minute dreams that crammed into your head to fill up those possibly 1-9 hours that you slept?

    How about going into a coma?
    If you were to go into a coma in lets say 2011, but finally get out of it when it's 2012, will you feel like you just've passed 1 year?


    If we only use less than 30% of our mind, do you think that the other 70% could hold the key to controlling this time-manipulating neurological behavior?
    Last edited by Jabuuty671; 06-26-2010 at 12:07 PM.


  14. #449
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post


    I think that manipulating 'time' is possible.
    To have the ability to control your mind that time is passing by faster or slower.
    Why do I think this?
    If we sleep, do we notice that we just went through some hours? Even though our 1-20 dreams we had that night felt like they were only 30seconds to 5 minute dreams that crammed into your head to fill up those possibly 1-9 hours that you slept?

    How about going into a coma?
    If you were to go into a coma in lets say 2011, but finally get out of it when it's 2012, will you feel like you just've passed 1 year?


    If we only use less than 30% of our mind, do you think that the other 70% could hold the key to controlling this time-manipulating neurological behavior?
    We're living in a moment. D:
    Time is how we grew up, makes things easier. but it's not really there.
    Last edited by Obey; 06-26-2010 at 12:15 PM.

  15. #450
    Jabuuty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21,231
    Reputation
    1468
    Thanks
    4,095
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    We're living in a moment. D:
    Time is how we grew up, makes things easier. but it's not really there.
    I guess you're right.
    Time could be defined as a measurement or as the passing of motion.
    Measurement =1sec. 1hr. etc;
    Passing of Motion = As if you were on an island with no way to tell time and what not in which you'd start to think of your time as the amount of motion on the island.
    Another possible one is aging, the life cycle.


Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast