Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 29 of 29
  1. #16
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Timebeast View Post
    That is a 747. They don't use it just to transfer the shuttles to their launch locations - they always take off from Cape Canaveral. And, clearly you've never heard of a high altitude launch. It's cheaper than lifting off from the ground but it takes hella longer.


    And. No, that picture is not from Superman Returns. Can you fully not see the plane has the old NASA logo and it was clearly taken in the 70s-80s
    Nigger face try showing me proof of a craft ever taking off like that, IT HASNT, its ONLY been used for fucking transferring, Launching like that would work wanna know why? try releasing that while flying in mid air, the shit is going to instantly fall on top of the transport plane or if they use its engine still end up destroying the transport plane, gtfo your full of shitness

    the only way they would launch something like that is if the vehicle that was supposed to go into space was on the UNDERSIDE of the transport ship

  2. #17
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303


    correct me if i'm wrong, but the two aren't connected, and the craft seems to be going up.

    "instantly fall on top of the transport plane"

    elevators motherfucker, you heard of them?

  3. #18
    Mexiforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    2,156
    Reputation
    -66
    Thanks
    123
    And lift. As soon as they disengage, the shuttle glides while the 747 takes a dive, far from the shuttle so that it can engage its engines. You sir, are fail.

  4. #19
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Timebeast View Post
    And lift. As soon as they disengage, the shuttle glides while the 747 takes a dive, far from the shuttle so that it can engage its engines. You sir, are fail.
    doesnt help that the shuttle will slow down to where the tail end of the plane will get hit by the shuttle before the 747 can even start to dive :O faggot

  5. #20
    olie122333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    438
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    20

    Question ???

    what is that picture meant to show?

  6. #21
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by olie122333 View Post
    what is that picture meant to show?
    you dying a horrible death. go away

  7. #22
    nukeist_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    in HELL
    Posts
    295
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by tednugent View Post
    Don't they usually put shuttles on those special planes to launch them?
    Yes but they usually put them UNDER the plane... i mean if they let it go the back of the shuttle will hit the tail of the plane

  8. #23
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by nukeist_ View Post
    Yes but they usually put them UNDER the plane... i mean if they let it go the back of the shuttle will hit the tail of the plane
    wrong. prove it

  9. #24
    chc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    497
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by ace76543 View Post


    LOL UH OH
    Wow,

    First of all, my uncle works for NASA and told me all about this one day.

    While it may look like that shuttle is lifting off from the 747, it isnt, its faced up like that for Aerodynamics.

    These 747's are used to transport the Shuttles from Manufactering location, to launch location. Although most of the time they are launced right from Cape Caniveral, were they are built.

    [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF7-fuB2OA4[/YOUTUBE]

    [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBy_Ec2Akhs[/YOUTUBE]

    Also,

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuttle_Carrier_Aircraft
    Last edited by chc18; 10-28-2007 at 12:59 AM.

  10. #25
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by chc18 View Post
    Wow,

    First of all, my uncle works for NASA and told me all about this one day.

    While it may look like that shuttle is lifting off from the 747, it isnt, its faced up like that for Aerodynamics.

    These 747's are used to transport the Shuttles from Manufactering location, to launch location. Although most of the time they are launced right from Cape Caniveral, were they are built.

    [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF7-fuB2OA4[/YOUTUBE]

    [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBy_Ec2Akhs[/YOUTUBE]

    Also,

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuttle_Carrier_Aircraft
    1. you didn't prove anything. it doesn't take a fucking NASA employee (which i highly doubt your uncle is) to tell you that they transport shuttles like that. everyone knew that already. that post was completely irrelevant.
    2. it's still possible
    3. you all lose
    4. i win


    before you faggots contradict me. ponder this


    a boeing 747 jet is 63 ft from tail tip to the bottom of the landing gear, so let's say that from the tail tip to the body is about 30 feet. it's cruising speed is about 580 mph. So, you're all telling me that a shuttle can't clear 30 feet moving upwards on a small angle at 790 feet per second? and I'M the idiot?
    Last edited by ace76543; 10-28-2007 at 01:24 AM.

  11. #26
    chc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    497
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by ace76543 View Post


    correct me if i'm wrong, but the two aren't connected, and the craft seems to be going up.

    "instantly fall on top of the transport plane"

    elevators motherfucker, you heard of them?
    Correct me if im wrong, but you said different in this post.

  12. #27
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303
    Quote Originally Posted by chc18 View Post
    Correct me if im wrong, but you said different in this post.
    correct me if i'm wrong, pictures don't usually lie

  13. #28
    chc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    497
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by ace76543 View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong, pictures don't usually lie
    Dude, in that picture the Shuttle IS connected, it may not look like it, but look at this video, it looks like it is lifting off from the picture because of the angle, but in the video, it is the same as the picture, but in video.

    [YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBy_Ec2Akhs[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by chc18; 10-28-2007 at 01:31 AM.

  14. #29
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303
    sure doesn't look like it


    even if it is...it isn't in the picture. and it's hypothetically possible. and i have some other points, but i don't care enough to write them out. they should be obvious, anyway.


    so even when i'm wrong i'm right.




    /thread

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. [Help Request] failure to launch
    By zerg32196 in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-14-2011, 02:40 PM
  2. NASA Pluto Launch
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 03:11 PM
  3. My OS is not launching
    By radnomguywfq3 in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 05:55 PM
  4. Failure
    By RaptorJesus in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-28-2007, 07:42 PM
  5. [Release] Launch Tool
    By NeoLeeT in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-06-2007, 04:44 PM