Thread: Math.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Beer_Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Beer Kingdom
    Posts
    1,797
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Don't lie. Unless you are a Math Genius like me, STFU.
    It's easy to me, that from that what you will. Math is quite easy to me in general.

    I prefer not to proclaim myself a "genius" because I'm good at something that only requires practice. You naive boy.
    HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE 25th??? WE HAVEN'T!
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Timebeast wanted perma since he can't flame anymore.
    LMAO...


    Teh Beer Seeker


    Obviously the best impersonation of David Hasselhoff.

  2. #17
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,711
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,678
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam"iDude" View Post
    my math teacher made my class find the square roots of some numbers w/o a calql8r with some kind of math formula xD but i forgot it lol.
    You can find the square root of numbers by taking the number and finding the closest perfect square, and using the top half of the derivative formula to get a close approximation, the closer you are to the number, the closer the actual answer is.

    And Beer, I doubt you are good at trig, just because to be good in Trig, you have to be good in Calculus, and somehow I doubt you can do Calculus.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  3. #18
    Beer_Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Beer Kingdom
    Posts
    1,797
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    You can find the square root of numbers by taking the number and finding the closest perfect square, and using the top half of the derivative formula to get a close approximation, the closer you are to the number, the closer the actual answer is.

    And Beer, I doubt you are good at trig, just because to be good in Trig, you have to be good in Calculus, and somehow I doubt you can do Calculus.
    Why is that son? I am 19 and I'm graduating in Medicine, I don't see where you're coming from.

    But whatever arun. You would know, since we're great friends and we've been in the same school for over 7 years in real life. Yeah.
    HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE 25th??? WE HAVEN'T!
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Timebeast wanted perma since he can't flame anymore.
    LMAO...


    Teh Beer Seeker


    Obviously the best impersonation of David Hasselhoff.

  4. #19
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,711
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,678
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Yet again I doubt it...

    1) If you really were, you wouldn't be drunk (24/7 as you imply) or drink. No reason to explain, it explains itself. Especially in a "medical" field.
    2) You keep having to say useless comments to my suggestions to jetamay, when I told him that he can raise it to the reciprocal of the power, you said it's basic shit... Who said it was hard? I was just telling him how to do it. Plain and simple, no comment needed.
    3) When I stated that trig is easy for me (suggesting if he needed help), you had to back yourself up stating that it's easy for everyone, however it's not the case.
    4) I bet if I quizzed you in Calculus you couldn't get shit correct.

    I'm not saying math is hard, and that only I can get it, I'm saying that if you were truly as smart as you were acting on the forum, you wouldn't be acting like a poser trying to dismiss everything I say, or needing to prove yourself without giving him any advice. There are many ways to get the square root of a number, and I gave him two, that's all.

    I don't have to know you in real life to know a liar. I deal with them all the time. Especially, since this is the internet and all.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  5. #20
    Inna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    11,161
    Reputation
    61
    Thanks
    270
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam"iDude" View Post
    my math teacher made my class find the square roots of some numbers w/o a calql8r with some kind of math formula xD but i forgot it lol.
    That's because it's an actual fucking method...

    You must be really bored to type "calql8r" lmao.

  6. #21
    Beer_Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Beer Kingdom
    Posts
    1,797
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Yet again I doubt it...

    1) If you really were, you wouldn't be drunk (24/7 as you imply) or drink. No reason to explain, it explains itself. Especially in a "medical" field.
    2) You keep having to say useless comments to my suggestions to jetamay, when I told him that he can raise it to the reciprocal of the power, you said it's basic shit... Who said it was hard? I was just telling him how to do it. Plain and simple, no comment needed.
    3) When I stated that trig is easy for me (suggesting if he needed help), you had to back yourself up stating that it's easy for everyone, however it's not the case.
    4) I bet if I quizzed you in Calculus you couldn't get shit correct.

    I'm not saying math is hard, and that only I can get it, I'm saying that if you were truly as smart as you were acting on the forum, you wouldn't be acting like a poser trying to dismiss everything I say, or needing to prove yourself without giving him any advice. There are many ways to get the square root of a number, and I gave him two, that's all.

    I don't have to know you in real life to know a liar. I deal with them all the time. Especially, since this is the internet and all.
    1) Just, wow, you take my "role" seriously. I think most of you know it's just for shits and giggles, but if you don't, I think the only needed argument is : Would my typing, specially ENGLISH, be as good? I think not. I drink socially and responsibly. There you go arun. Brighten up. After all, this is just the internet. Common practice for you to take things way too seriously over here?

    2) and 3) You definately misunderstood me here, just because I quoted you, it didn't mean I was it directing at you, just quoting for effect and generally agreeing. Not once was I saying "everybody can do it", or doubting of your intelligence, it's obviously something that requires a bit of intelligence, but as everybody knows, Maths is one of the easiest things with practice. Although it's what you're doing to me, which is pretty stupid and unwise, because as I said, I don't know you, you don't know me, I'm confident of myself and my knowledge, I don't care what you guys think about me as a person, I just like to voice my opinion. Therefore your accusations and arguments have little relevance.

    4) Lol. I don't feel the need to prove myself to you, or anyone else in here. I spit on your quiz, okay?


    And I certainly am not acting like a poser or trying to prove myself, as I said, you misunderstood me, I wasn't trying to dismiss anything you have said.
    Fuck, I would have explained it to him, but keep in mind I'm portuguese, I have learned Math's in portuguese my entire life, and I have no idea how some of our expressions are translated to english. It's really hard to get integrated with English advanced Math's at this point...

    Liar? Whatever floats your boat.

    Where would be my interest in lying anyways? Especially when I'm one of the older members in this community, and yes, older than you arun. Even though it IS the internet, I don't like to disrespect people for no reason, which is clearly what you're doing boy, only based on your own silly conclusions. Grow up...
    Last edited by Beer_Hunter; 12-01-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Spellcheck...
    HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE 25th??? WE HAVEN'T!
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Timebeast wanted perma since he can't flame anymore.
    LMAO...


    Teh Beer Seeker


    Obviously the best impersonation of David Hasselhoff.

  7. #22
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,711
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,678
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Hunter View Post
    1) Just, wow, you take my "role" seriously. I think most of you know it's just for shits and giggles, but if you don't, I think the only needed argument is : Would my typing, specially ENGLISH, be as good? I think not. I drink socially and responsibly. There you go arun. Brighten up. After all, this is just the internet. Common practice for you to take things way too seriously over here?

    2) and 3) You definately misunderstood me here, just because I quoted you, it didn't mean I was it directing at you, just quoting for effect and generally agreeing. Not once was I saying "everybody can do it", or doubting of your intelligence, it's obviously something that requires a bit of intelligence, but as everybody knows, Maths is one of the easiest things with practice. Although it's what you're doing to me, which is pretty stupid and unwise, because as I said, I don't know you, you don't know me, I'm confident of myself and my knowledge, I don't care what you guys think about me as a person, I just like to voice my opinion. Therefore your accusations and arguments have little relevance.

    4) Lol. I don't feel the need to prove myself to you, or anyone else in here. I spit on your quiz, okay?


    And I certainly am not acting like a poser or trying to prove myself, as I said, you misunderstood me, I wasn't trying to dismiss anything you have said.
    Fuck, I would have explained it to him, but keep in mind I'm portuguese, I have learned Math's in portuguese my entire life, and I have no idea how some of our expressions are translated to english. It's really hard to get integrated with English advanced Math's at this point...

    Liar? Whatever floats your boat.

    Where would be my interest in lying anyways? Especially when I'm one of the older members in this community, and yes, older than you arun. Even though it IS the internet, I don't like to disrespect people for no reason, which is clearly what you're doing boy, only based on your own silly conclusions. Grow up...
    1) Who drinks while they are on the computer?

    2/3) If you like to voice your opinions, why would it be that my argument (I have no idea of what accusation you are speaking of) has no validity? That's just plain hypocrisy. Well, I can't say much regarding if you actually intended to disrespect me in that sort of manner, because:
    A) This is the internet, the internet can't replicate tone or manner of speaking.
    B) You are of a different nationality.
    C) Your primary language is different, so no doubt that some words were "lost in translation."
    So, I can only take your word that you didn't mean to disrespect me. No harm intended.

    4) I respect your decision to "spit on my quiz," but when someone calls you a poser, it doesn't really help. I wouldn't give a quiz on the internet anyways. But it doesn't take much to figure out when someone is avoiding/evading it, and that's what I am looking for, which I found.

    However, if you really didn't care what people thought of you, you wouldn't care to respond, further hypocrisy. Age has nothing to do with maturity, take my word for it. Calling me boy, when your but 1 year older than me shows more about you than you think. You have an "age complexity" where you feel superior because you were born 1 year before me. As for dissing you, if you assume defending yourself is dissing, then yes, it is. But in the end, you are just typing words to make yourself look like an intellectual. Take the end sentence, for example: "only based on your own silly conclusions. Grow up..." Yeah, who's conclusions am I suppose to go by? Exactly.

    If you think I need to grow up, you are sadly mistaken, and if your "story" wasn't ridden full of holes, maybe I could actually let it go. I try to be nice as much as possible, but sometimes people push it.

    I'm sorry if other members of the forum don't like this "arguing," but I'm not going to sit here and take shit, assuming that his intentions were bad.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  8. #23
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303
    *is waiting for a chance to jump in*

  9. #24
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanna View Post
    That's because it's an actual fucking method...

    You must be really bored to type "calql8r" lmao.
    Lol, Gourav on a bad day. "Calql8r"



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  10. #25
    Beer_Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Beer Kingdom
    Posts
    1,797
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    1) Who drinks while they are on the computer?

    2/3) If you like to voice your opinions, why would it be that my argument (I have no idea of what accusation you are speaking of) has no validity? That's just plain hypocrisy. Well, I can't say much regarding if you actually intended to disrespect me in that sort of manner, because:
    A) This is the internet, the internet can't replicate tone or manner of speaking.
    B) You are of a different nationality.
    C) Your primary language is different, so no doubt that some words were "lost in translation."
    So, I can only take your word that you didn't mean to disrespect me. No harm intended.

    4) I respect your decision to "spit on my quiz," but when someone calls you a poser, it doesn't really help. I wouldn't give a quiz on the internet anyways. But it doesn't take much to figure out when someone is avoiding/evading it, and that's what I am looking for, which I found.

    However, if you really didn't care what people thought of you, you wouldn't care to respond, further hypocrisy. Age has nothing to do with maturity, take my word for it. Calling me boy, when your but 1 year older than me shows more about you than you think. You have an "age complexity" where you feel superior because you were born 1 year before me. As for dissing you, if you assume defending yourself is dissing, then yes, it is. But in the end, you are just typing words to make yourself look like an intellectual. Take the end sentence, for example: "only based on your own silly conclusions. Grow up..." Yeah, who's conclusions am I suppose to go by? Exactly.

    If you think I need to grow up, you are sadly mistaken, and if your "story" wasn't ridden full of holes, maybe I could actually let it go. I try to be nice as much as possible, but sometimes people push it.

    I'm sorry if other members of the forum don't like this "arguing," but I'm not going to sit here and take shit, assuming that his intentions were bad.
    1) I've just told you I only drink socially... Which is true, why would I lie about that?

    2) and 3) It's way different. I was voicing my opinion on the particular subject of Math's as a whole not being hard. A pretty innocent subject. Whereas you were judging me out of "weak" conclusions.
    I can guarantee I wasn't trying to offend you or being hostile in any manner, I don't know why you don't believe it.

    4) Obviously. I don't see how it "doesn't help me" when I get called a poser though. It was a simple declaration... Nothing fancy about it.

    I think you got me there, haha. But hey, I don't have anything better to do, so might as well back my shit up, right?

    My only foundation on stating that I was older than you was simply because I have obviously more educational and academic knowledge, no feeling of actual superiority intended, other than saying it's not of the highest maturity and intelligence to imply I am not good at something; out of "weak" conclusions as I mentioned above.

    So, no, I have absolutely no "age complexity". I can get along fine with slightly younger people without acting elitist or superior. And no, I'm not trying to look intellectual at all. This is the way I type and always have. I think that comment was uncalled for, or maybe you were just trying to gather as much arguments as possible to use against me, I don't know, and it's not what I'm going for.

    I'm sorry, maybe I overreacted when I said you had to grow up. You're smart, you know it, and that's fine. I just didn't think it was right for you to assume I was a "slacker" and a liar without any facts... Which was a sign of imaturity, in my opinion.

    I too, try to be as nice as possible. In fact, I think this last post was much less "agressive" than the last one, and I am sticking with defending myself and backing my shit up, whereas you're doing that; and trying to point more "flaws" in me simultaneously. It's funny that you feel that you're "taking shit", when my initial intention was not to offend you at all. I've stated that several times, you're the one that started this by saying I can't do something, appointedly Calculus. Can you see the difference, arun?

    I have nothing against you, you're a nice guy. What made you feel like having a go at me?

    Peace...
    HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE 25th??? WE HAVEN'T!
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Timebeast wanted perma since he can't flame anymore.
    LMAO...


    Teh Beer Seeker


    Obviously the best impersonation of David Hasselhoff.

  11. #26
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,711
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,678
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer_Hunter View Post
    1) I've just told you I only drink socially... Which is true, why would I lie about that?

    2) and 3) It's way different. I was voicing my opinion on the particular subject of Math's as a whole not being hard. A pretty innocent subject. Whereas you were judging me out of "weak" conclusions.
    I can guarantee I wasn't trying to offend you or being hostile in any manner, I don't know why you don't believe it.

    4) Obviously. I don't see how it "doesn't help me" when I get called a poser though. It was a simple declaration... Nothing fancy about it.

    I think you got me there, haha. But hey, I don't have anything better to do, so might as well back my shit up, right?

    My only foundation on stating that I was older than you was simply because I have obviously more educational and academic knowledge, no feeling of actual superiority intended, other than saying it's not of the highest maturity and intelligence to imply I am not good at something; out of "weak" conclusions as I mentioned above.

    So, no, I have absolutely no "age complexity". I can get along fine with slightly younger people without acting elitist or superior. And no, I'm not trying to look intellectual at all. This is the way I type and always have. I think that comment was uncalled for, or maybe you were just trying to gather as much arguments as possible to use against me, I don't know, and it's not what I'm going for.

    I'm sorry, maybe I overreacted when I said you had to grow up. You're smart, you know it, and that's fine. I just didn't think it was right for you to assume I was a "slacker" and a liar without any facts... Which was a sign of imaturity, in my opinion.

    I too, try to be as nice as possible. In fact, I think this last post was much less "agressive" than the last one, and I am sticking with defending myself and backing my shit up, whereas you're doing that; and trying to point more "flaws" in me simultaneously. It's funny that you feel that you're "taking shit", when my initial intention was not to offend you at all. I've stated that several times, you're the one that started this by saying I can't do something, appointedly Calculus. Can you see the difference, arun?

    I have nothing against you, you're a nice guy. What made you feel like having a go at me?

    Peace...
    Ok, let's just drop it. I haven't been feeling that good, I fell asleep last night way too early, and was too lazy to eat my dinner, and then I woke up with a headache that continued to mid day, and partial evening, when I first posted.

    We could argue over this for quite some time, and it's most likely you meant no harm, because you have nothing to gain about it, neither do I, and we never had anything to start this before, so why start now.

    Sorry for flipping out, my mood kinda makes me passive aggressive. :/



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  12. #27
    Beer_Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Beer Kingdom
    Posts
    1,797
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    We could argue over this for quite some time, and it's most likely you meant no harm, because you have nothing to gain about it, neither do I, and we never had anything to start this before, so why start now.

    Sorry for flipping out, my mood kinda makes me passive aggressive. :/
    We surely could, but it's such a void subject, not even worth being discussed any further.

    It's cool arun.
    HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE 25th??? WE HAVEN'T!
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Timebeast wanted perma since he can't flame anymore.
    LMAO...


    Teh Beer Seeker


    Obviously the best impersonation of David Hasselhoff.

  13. #28
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303
    *backs down, defeated*

  14. #29
    Beer_Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Beer Kingdom
    Posts
    1,797
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by ace76543 View Post
    *backs down, defeated*
    YOU ARE NO MAN!
    HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE 25th??? WE HAVEN'T!
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Timebeast wanted perma since he can't flame anymore.
    LMAO...


    Teh Beer Seeker


    Obviously the best impersonation of David Hasselhoff.

  15. #30
    tednugent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /bin/src
    Posts
    3,592
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    610
    It's finally over????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I just ownd my math test =P
    By radnomguywfq3 in forum General
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 11-01-2007, 12:56 PM
  2. Math Test
    By radnomguywfq3 in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2007, 03:07 PM
  3. Hardest Math problem in the world
    By iverson954360 in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-13-2007, 01:35 AM
  4. What you know about math?
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 08:47 AM
  5. This is what math class does to you
    By apitite.for.distruction in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 12:44 PM