Thread: Laptops?!!?!?!

Thanks

Laptops?!!?!?!

Heyy duddeesssss, im just wondering what is a good laptop to buy for about $1000 range.

Im looking at the alienware m11x and its pretty sweet with the i7.

Any other suggestions?

POOP
    "People who point at their wrist while asking for the time…. I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    No one here will recommend an Alienware computer.

Most often, 'build your own'.

Thanks
    Im looking for a laptop though
    "People who point at their wrist while asking for the time…. I know where my watch is pal, where the hell is yours? Do I point at my crotch when I ask where the toilet is?"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    something running MS-DOS 5.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiresome View Post
    No one here will recommend an Alienware computer.

Most often, 'build your own'.
    QFT. Though tbh some laptops (Asus UL series, maybe even the overpriced m11x can't be custom built). If you want to get the most out of your laptop (and you want it to work as a laptop too), take a look at the UL series from Asus. 2 gfx cards & an ULV CPU that can jump to 1.8GHz (C2D) or dunno how much with the jt version (i3 / i5). And you have 2 gfx cards, both can do 1080p and you can get around 8 hours of work on it without recharging.
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

VincentOK (08-22-2010)

Thanks
    Create a custom laptop. I think you can do that for about 1300 USD though.

Thanks
    I did a quick check on the UL Series and it was around $500 pretty sweet deal, but i didnt see any graphics card in the specs. I kinda just want it to play some hardcore games. I also video edit alittle with CS5. Soooooo idk

How/Where do i build a custom laptop??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentOK View Post
    I did a quick check on the UL Series and it was around $500 pretty sweet deal, but i didnt see any graphics card in the specs. I kinda just want it to play some hardcore games. I also video edit alittle with CS5. Soooooo idk

How/Where do i build a custom laptop??
    The *jt version (new gen ULV cpus) has the Nvidia 310M (1GB I think) and an Intel 4500MHD or something (for battery life, but it can still play 1080p). The 310M isn't a real gaming gpu, but it does the job just fine (I already played CoD4 at native res with a custom config, I know CA works too). While not as powerful as the m11x, it is definately cheaper and it also works as a laptop (I used it in school etc.). Your choice really, but I prefer to have my laptops work as laptops

Edit: the UL80jt (14"): https://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=dh1loes9V1IGKwCA
    UL30jt (13.3"): https://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=dh1loes9V1IGKwCA

There is also a 12" or 11" version I think, but it doesn't have a CD drive. And with powersaving features on these 2 can go for like 10 hours and more without charging. With max brightness + connectivity and office I get around 6 / 7 hours now (but it's been in constant use for over a year).
    Last edited by Alen; 08-22-2010 at 11:44 AM.
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.

Thanks
    Ohhhhhhhhhk, Thanks dude helped lots

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    format it when you get it and install ms-dos on it through cd.