Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Minor Revisions To MPGH

Bumping
    Sure, posting on any thread that has been inactive for over a week is considered a bump, but it isn’t always a bad thing. For example, this thread may have been bumped but both people who posted on it were saying how it had helped them.

If a thread is still useful and helpful but it just gets lost in a sea of shit, why is it such a bad thing to bring it back alive? Some rules shouldn’t just be as simple as, “We don’t serve mcnuggets until 10 AM, ma’am.”

Rep
    “What’s wrong with them? They are just numbers.” You have to remember that this is the Internet, and on the internet there is no such thing as “just a number.”

There are two different ways to use the Rep system. You either beg for other people to rep you, while you go around taking rep away from potential “threats.” The other option is to just completely ignore the system and be smart, realizing it’s just an arbitrary number that means nothing.

Please get rid of the rep system.

Thanks
    This system has two issues. Newer members barely use it and older members use their very own method instead of thanks.

When a hack, for exemple, is posted it will generally get downloaded about 4x more than it is thanked. What does this mean? Nobody uses the thanks system.

Older members who generally hang out in General use their own way of agreeing with somebody or saying thanks. They will quote the original message and then say one of two things. “+1” or “This.” Usually followed by a sentence or two that contains their .02 about the subject.

Move (/move) this thread here if you want, but that section is dead.
    Last edited by Corndog; 08-31-2010 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    I really agree, and I never closed usefull but bumped threads if they were still useful.

Back in '10

Got a question?PM/VM me!
    I read them all.
    Also contact me via MSN.
    vlad@mpgh.net

Minion since:07-04-2010
    Mod since:08-31-2010
    Till : 05.07.2011

Thanks
    welcm bak? .

Rick
    Mr.T
    Unsuccessful

Thanks
    ure right . =/
    but there are also noobs who bump threads with a hack release then they say Omg this is patched . i think these people should get atleast banned for 1 week . and for posting in wrong section should be punished way harder .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake` View Post
    ure right . =/
    but there are also noobs who bump threads with a hack release then they say Omg this is patched . i think these people should get atleast banned for 1 week . and for posting in wrong section should be punished way harder .
    Agreed. I hate it when that happens

Thanks
    ure right . =/
    Obviously the rule wouldn’t apply to every scenario, as I tried to state in the thread starter post.

Thanks
    Welcome back.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Welcome back, but on topic: don't useful threads get stickied (which makes them unable to be bumped)? And the help section isn't dead, I check it more often than I check general
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.

Thanks
    ure right . =/
    depends on how badly you post in the wrong section, if you post a glitch is the general section you shouldn't be punished etc.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by μ View Post
    Welcome back, but on topic: don't useful threads get stickied (which makes them unable to be bumped)? And the help section isn't dead, I check it more often than I check general
    Many threads, like simple tutorial or minor informative threads, do not need to be stickied. But if one of these threads gets “bumped,” wheres the harm? Also, I recall being banned for a few days by Liz for posting on a thread that had been inactive for nearly a month but was still on the first page of its section. This should not be a punishable offense, in most cases.
    Last edited by Corndog; 08-31-2010 at 07:24 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    rule 33 is bullshit also.
    disrespecting staff is a part of mpgh.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    The cake is a lie

Thanks
    updated/edited

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Many threads, like simple tutorial or minor informative threads, do not need to be stickied. But if one of these threads gets “bumped,” wheres the harm? Also, I recall being banned for a few days by Liz for posting on a thread that had been inactive for nearly a month but was still on the first page of its section. This should not be a punishable offense, in most cases.
    Then comes the problem on how to distinguish a useful and informative thread from one that isn't. And that's what would probably cause more harm than your suggestion would cause good. Imo it's easier to follow a very exact rule (which might have it's few flaws) than one that can be interpreted in so many ways that it already has a negative influence. Imagine all the people bumping their old guides / tutorials and such. Imo it just isn't worth it
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.

Thanks
    Current
    - Bumping (posting on a thread inactive for over a week); 3 day ban

Should Be
    - Bumping (posting on a thread inactive for over a week) an irrelevant or outdated thread; 2 day ban
    - Bumping your own thread; 4 day ban

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast