Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Mitsurugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    49
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Hungover

    Parkway Drive - Sleepwalker

    Don't know if people around here will appreciate this, saw mostly pop / hip hop threads around, but this is one of the best metalcore bands around, and the most awesomest music video i've ever seen.

    [YOUTUBE]15mxiWAYSEw[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by Mitsurugi; 08-31-2010 at 06:59 AM.
    It's funny because he's fat!

  2. #2
    tuve2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Swe
    Posts
    396
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    22
    My Mood
    Drunk
    I like it. Haven't heard from this band for like 1 year. But ther music is good. And if somebody ask me what music I like, I like the music I like. I can sett the music I like in genres.

    Edited:
    O, I forgot the have made Carrion. And that one I listen to sometimes.

  3. #3
    Ez1kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,156
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Wow, I don't really like metal but this was pretty cool. Nice share.
    FUCK STEVE HARVEY

    I am a Beast. Feed me Rappers or Feed me Beats.

  4. #4
    Fantomfury26's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thats a great song. I like deliver me and unrest. Good band good music!
    Fear me, For I am Death.

  5. #5
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    graphically good, but lyrically and to my ears horrible.

    The song really doesn't go with the vid.


  6. #6
    Fantomfury26's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    graphically good, but lyrically and to my ears horrible.

    The song really doesn't go with the vid.
    Actually it goes with the video completely you need to think imagination.
    Fear me, For I am Death.

  7. #7
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomfury26 View Post
    Actually it goes with the video completely you need to think imagination.
    No, just putting some scene with death and decay, and having metal in the background doesn't make it a good sync.

    Parkway drive is now just another yell-metal band.


  8. #8
    Fantomfury26's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    No, just putting some scene with death and decay, and having metal in the background doesn't make it a good sync.

    Parkway drive is now just another yell-metal band.
    No. It is a unique band, and unique style they have. You don't understand because you listen to that nigger/hippidy hoppidy bull shit that sounds like straight shit, and makes no sense.
    It's not yelling, it's a way of stressing the vocal chords to get a great sound, instead of "grab my dick, yo." Rap has nothing to it it's boring.
    Your're a fucking stupid you anime faggot. I hope I get banned, because your a homosexual.
    Last edited by Fantomfury26; 09-03-2010 at 03:47 AM.
    Fear me, For I am Death.

  9. #9
    Mitsurugi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    49
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    No, just putting some scene with death and decay, and having metal in the background doesn't make it a good sync.
    It's obvious you don't understand the meaning behind the song.

    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post

    Parkway drive is now just another yell-metal band.
    Is it now? Because you say it is? Wtf is yell-metal anyway? Who are you to just create new genres and lable bands you don't like or understand?
    Last edited by Mitsurugi; 09-03-2010 at 12:24 AM.
    It's funny because he's fat!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mitsurugi For This Useful Post:

    Fantomfury26 (09-03-2010)

  11. #10
    Ez1kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    1,156
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    It's obvious you don't understand the meaning behind the song.


    Is it now? Because you say it is? Wtf is yell-metal anyway? Who are you to just create new genres and lable bands you don't like or understand?
    Dude you're an idiot. /nuff said
    FUCK STEVE HARVEY

    I am a Beast. Feed me Rappers or Feed me Beats.

  12. #11
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsurugi View Post
    It's obvious you don't understand the meaning behind the song.
    Is it now? Because you say it is? Wtf is yell-metal anyway? Who are you to just create new genres and lable bands you don't like or understand?
    Oh please do tell me the "meaning" Because like every song, you can interpret it anyway you so choose fit.(hell i could make it about aliens).

    They say "sleep walk" twice, the whole song is some rage about his shitty life. Which is a lot of their stuff.

    Then lets go on to actual vocal/music. Yeah, "yell" lyrics are shit. Its really not much lyrical, and vocally its just some dude yelling the lyrics. Instrumentally its nothing special either, which for it being "metal" it should have something.
    ------------------------
    Fantom
    1. I don't listen to rap.
    2. "stressing the vocal chords", by yelling. Metal isn't my favorite, but damn if you can't tell the shit-talent metal from the good ones.
    3. Hating on random genre's just cus i'm right isn't smart.


  13. #12
    Fantomfury26's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Oh please do tell me the "meaning" Because like every song, you can interpret it anyway you so choose fit.(hell i could make it about aliens).

    They say "sleep walk" twice, the whole song is some rage about his shitty life. Which is a lot of their stuff.

    Then lets go on to actual vocal/music. Yeah, "yell" lyrics are shit. Its really not much lyrical, and vocally its just some dude yelling the lyrics. Instrumentally its nothing special either, which for it being "metal" it should have something.
    ------------------------
    Fantom
    1. I don't listen to rap.
    2. "stressing the vocal chords", by yelling. Metal isn't my favorite, but damn if you can't tell the shit-talent metal from the good ones.
    3. Hating on random genre's just cus i'm right isn't smart.
    ummm wtf do you listen to obviously not good music. You fucking idiot.
    And to that other nigger lover who posted earlier, white power hot shower.

  14. #13
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,896
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,346
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantomfury26 View Post
    ummm wtf do you listen to obviously not good music. You fucking idiot.
    And to that other nigger lover who posted earlier, white power hot shower.
    Ok, well we can all agree your a moron and you don't know what your talking about.

    moving on......


  15. #14
    Fantomfury26's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    124
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    Ok, well we can all agree your a moron and you don't know what your talking about.

    moving on......
    woogy boogy nigger.
    you zipper head loving piece of fucking shit.

  16. #15
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    No, just putting some scene with death and decay, and having metal in the background doesn't make it a good sync.

    Parkway drive is now just another yell-metal band.
    Agreed. Take it from the who have attended most of their Sydney shows at the Roundhouse, including the one in their DVD. Their new album is gay especially compared to "Killing With A Smile". Unlike a lot of other good metal bands they seem to have gone backwards with their dynamics. I probably won't attend their perfomance at the Roundhouse this coming month as I honestly don't think their new stuff will sound good. The only way to justify going is to see TDWP play some of their Zombie EP songs (unlike PD, TDWP seem to be developing upon their dynamics and making heavier stuff mixed in with powerful melodics).

Similar Threads

  1. Parkway drive fans
    By Hahne in forum General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-04-2010, 01:44 AM
  2. LAPTOP TB Drive
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2006, 10:19 AM
  3. Hard Drive Reformat
    By Bull3t in forum General
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-17-2006, 01:32 PM
  4. Spatter Effect By Drive-By
    By Paolo1993 in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2006, 04:11 AM
  5. Ripple Effect By Drive-By
    By Paolo1993 in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-28-2006, 04:11 AM