Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    stupidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In your basement
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    its ok i downloaded a crack for magic ISO which enabled me to burn it to a dvd rw (loads of space yay) and i installed ubuntu over my xp. now...who wants to teach me how to install things? im going by the installation instructions to install this flash player add-on so i can watch youtube videos and when they say terminal maybe im using the wrong thing...idk? but the commands dont seem to be doing anything at all.

    please someone help me! my msn is rasterburn

    edit: ok i just somehow accidentally installed the plug-in. but im not sure how i did it XD now on to the other 50000 things i need to install

    edit edit: i cant get it to update... it says:
    "Unable to get exclusive lock
    This usually means that another package management application (like apt-get or aptitude) already running. Please close that application first."

    i run sudo dpkg --configure -a but i get status database is locked by another process

    someone please tell me what to do -_-
    Last edited by stupidiot; 01-14-2008 at 04:01 PM.

  2. #17
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidiot View Post
    its ok i downloaded a crack for magic ISO which enabled me to burn it to a dvd rw (loads of space yay) and i installed ubuntu over my xp. now...who wants to teach me how to install things? im going by the installation instructions to install this flash player add-on so i can watch youtube videos and when they say terminal maybe im using the wrong thing...idk? but the commands dont seem to be doing anything at all.

    please someone help me! my msn is rasterburn

    edit: ok i just somehow accidentally installed the plug-in. but im not sure how i did it XD now on to the other 50000 things i need to install

    edit edit: i cant get it to update... it says:
    "Unable to get exclusive lock
    This usually means that another package management application (like apt-get or aptitude) already running. Please close that application first."

    i run sudo dpkg --configure -a but i get status database is locked by another process

    someone please tell me what to do -_-

    lol what im going to you is the truth, good fucking move moron, you shouldnt install shit you dont know how to use

    gooday sir, pray you can master terminal commands in like two three days or else you will be fucked with your linux forever

  3. #18
    icuigorz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    320
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    635
    Well I think you will get sick of linux cause you won't know how to use it. And what games work on linux?
    If your tired of XP xp2. try this...

    Update 5 JAN 2008 - V_6 POWER_PACK

    Mirror 1
    Code:
    https://**********.com/files/80994143/Windows_XP_Dark_Edition_V.6_PowerPack_celebiyiz.biz.part1.rar
    https://**********.com/files/81009502/Windows_XP_Dark_Edition_V.6_PowerPack_celebiyiz.biz.part2.rar
    https://**********.com/files/81263734/Windows_XP_Dark_Edition_V.6_PowerPack_celebiyiz.biz.part3.rar
    https://**********.com/files/81288643/Windows_XP_Dark_Edition_V.6_PowerPack_celebiyiz.biz.part4.rar
    https://**********.com/files/81311764/Windows_XP_Dark_Edition_V.6_PowerPack_celebiyiz.biz.part5.rar
    https://**********.com/files/81457199/Windows_XP_Dark_Edition_V.6_PowerPack_celebiyiz.biz.part6.rar
    https://**********.com/files/81438805/Windows_XP_Dark_Edition_V.6_PowerPack_celebiyiz.biz.part7.rar
    NO password. Enjoy!
    Mirror 2:
    Code:
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=TXZN0V47 
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=HAGBOADN 
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=FO0S9YUE 
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=R5ELR49L 
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=6OM0XYHJ 
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=LMWNK26B 
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=VZ1K25GE  
    Pass: www.9down9up****
    Mirror 3:
    Code:
    https://**********.com/files/77787059/Dark_v6_9down9up****.part1.rar
    https://**********.com/files/77787031/Dark_v6_9down9up****.part2.rar
    https://**********.com/files/77787036/Dark_v6_9down9up****.part3.rar
    https://**********.com/files/77787023/Dark_v6_9down9up****.part4.rar
    https://**********.com/files/77787060/Dark_v6_9down9up****.part5.rar
    https://**********.com/files/77787052/Dark_v6_9down9up****.part6.rar
    https://**********.com/files/77786803/Dark_v6_9down9up****.part7.rar
    Pass: www.9down9up****
    I have downloaded it and will be installing it on my machine!








    - RyanVM s Windows XP Post-SP2 Update Pack 2.1.11 Jan 5 2008
    - RVMAddons_1.8.2
    - RUPUpdates-2.1.11.13-Addon
    - WScript57-1.0.0-Addon
    - DriveSpace_v4.1.0.17
    - Kels_CPLBonus_addon_v6.8
    - Boooggy_WMP11Addon
    - Gorki_AddOn_QTAddressBar
    - NR_CursorsAIO_Addon_1.3
    - Ricks_StylerTB1401_AddOn
    - Ricks_ViStartBuild2502_AddOn_70906
    - Ricks_VistaRTMBootSceen_KB940322
    - Ricks_WindowsSidebar the 3 page sidebar!!!
    - Ricktendo64_RefreshClock_addon
    - ENG2ITA_WINFLIP_0421
    - VISTALOOKDE
    - DirectX 9.0c Dec. 2007 AddOn 0.3.2 - CNC

    Changelog:
    * 2.1.11.1: Original
    * 2.1.11.2: Workaround for a restriction in the RVMI that prohibits the use of drivercab_copy for addons
    * 2.1.11.3: Fixed typo in INF
    * 2.1.11.4: Added 9 non-public updates that superseded existing files
    * 2.1.11.5: Added 6 non-public updates that superseded existing files updated MRT and Flash
    * 2.1.11.6: Added KB935198 and KB939273 and stubbed the MRT
    * 2.1.11.7: Microsoft s July 24 updates plus a new kernel (details)
    * 2.1.11.8: Very minor updates: replaced KB935198 with KB939884 updated QFECheck and recompiled the MRT stub to make it even smaller
    * 2.1.11.9: Microsoft s August 14 updates (details)
    * 2.1.11.10: Split off Windows Script 5.7
    * 2.1.11.11: Updated Microsoft Update and Windows Update to 7.0.6000.381
    * 2.1.11.12: Replaced KB934428 with KB941037 removed the MU TZ fix (no longer needed) made a minor change to the KB923845 entries
    * 2.1.11.13: Added 1 public update and 3 non-public updates (details)

    All In One Driver
    - DriverPack Chipset
    - DriverPack CPU
    - DriverPack Graphics
    - DriverPack LAN
    - DriverPack MassStorage
    - DriverPack Sound
    - DriverPack WLAN

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to icuigorz For This Useful Post:

    stupidiot (01-14-2008)

  5. #19
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    =X I don't suggest vista. If you moved from XP to Linux for speed or performance, its going to drastically decrease when you reach vista.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  6. #20
    icuigorz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    320
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by jetamay View Post
    =X I don't suggest vista. If you moved from XP to Linux for speed or performance, its going to drastically decrease when you reach vista.
    Its not Vista..

    its XP... just looks likes Vista..but much much faster.

    I use it

  7. #21
    stupidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In your basement
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    lol what im going to you is the truth, good fucking move moron, you shouldnt install shit you dont know how to use

    gooday sir, pray you can master terminal commands in like two three days or else you will be fucked with your linux forever
    ive got no problem with terminal commands...the problem is knowing which commands to give
    i installed it so i could learn. how else am i going to learn? i have an XP bootdisk still, so no i will not be fucked forever. if all else fails ill go back to windows.

    could u try not talking to me like im a pile of shit?

    Quote Originally Posted by icuigorz View Post
    Well I think you will get sick of linux cause you won't know how to use it. And what games work on linux?
    If your tired of XP xp2. try this...
    \
    thanks ill put this on a CD for future use
    Last edited by stupidiot; 01-14-2008 at 06:47 PM.

  8. #22
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidiot View Post
    ive got no problem with terminal commands...the problem is knowing which commands to give
    i installed it so i could learn. how else am i going to learn? i have an XP bootdisk still, so no i will not be fucked forever. if all else fails ill go back to windows.

    could u try not talking to me like im a pile of shit?



    thanks ill put this on a CD for future use
    Could you try to respect very strict constant baning Moderators that will ban you for a month for what you just said a little more? Your really stuck up for your rank. No wonder your voted for cocksucker, why your not banned is the question. Its a very stupid idea to install a whole new OS just so you can learn.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  9. #23
    stupidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In your basement
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jetamay View Post
    Could you try to respect very strict constant baning Moderators that will ban you for a month for what you just said a little more? Your really stuck up for your rank. No wonder your voted for cocksucker, why your not banned is the question. Its a very stupid idea to install a whole new OS just so you can learn.
    just because you have the brain the size of an acorn doesnt mean i do. you dont get anywhere in life if you dont take risks. i installed the OS and have it 95% figured out, just havent checked out the little nicknacks that came with it. the auto update is the only thing that isnt cooperating, and im currently searching the web for a solution.

  10. #24
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by stupidiot View Post
    just because you have the brain the size of an acorn doesnt mean i do. you dont get anywhere in life if you dont take risks. i installed the OS and have it 95% figured out, just havent checked out the little nicknacks that came with it. the auto update is the only thing that isnt cooperating, and im currently searching the web for a solution.
    If your not duel booting then your a handicap. You don't switch OS so you can learn. Its stupid. MABY if you have duel boot, but it doesn't seem that was.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  11. #25
    NetNavi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Gourav's. He said he was going to make me a cake. oh, he's back..NAKED! WTF r u doi-
    Posts
    3,788
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    204
    both of you shut the hell up before king iverson starts banning

  12. #26
    stupidiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In your basement
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    both of you shut the hell up before king iverson starts banning
    good idea raster isnt ubanned till the 17th at 11 pm lol

  13. #27
    tednugent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /bin/src
    Posts
    3,592
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    610
    Ubuntu should run okay for you.

    Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu

  14. #28
    olie122333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    438
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    20
    konnopix is a good version of windows XD


    EDIT: I mean a good version of Linux - GOOGLE it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Suggestion for New hack
    By chc18 in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 05:39 PM
  2. [Done] Time for a new Signature!
    By Dave84311 in forum Help & Requests
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-18-2006, 01:39 AM
  3. Suggestions For The Suckiest Website Ever
    By mpghStillBLows in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 04:27 PM
  4. Suggestion For Dave
    By SpiderByte in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-09-2006, 12:54 PM
  5. i think its time for a new sig
    By darkone1149 in forum Help & Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-06-2006, 04:52 PM