Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by xscizorx View Post
    I read the entire thing.
    I also lost the "don't rage" game, because it's full of bullshit they are practically feeding down the reader's throats. The line that pissed me off really bad is "And I'm certainly not racist. Some of my best friends are white.", because that is just something that you shouldn't say after writing an article that says "... white people are all racist..." "... almost all of Britain's people are racist..." then throwing in dumb comments like "... treating black people like guinea pigs?"
    I hate articles that try to bring da white man down, and ones that try to bring the black man down. There is no use for these articles, no one will ever learn anything about them, and the creators of them, while trying to "defend" may I say, their own race, while being obviously crude and saying untrue or over exaggerated things about the other, is most definitely racist or acting racist.
    First off I would like to applaud you for reading the whole article

As to your analysis, I would like to point out a few thing

1.)When concluding his article with "I can't be racist, I have white friends", hes was mocking fun at the common responses that white people give to black people when being approached about racism. Comments like, "I'm not racist, my best friends black" or "I'm not racist, I'm dating a black girl." The point was to make the reader say/think "that sounds so stupid" and I guess he succeeded because thats exactly what you just thought.

2.)In his intro he was merely quoting a previous statement made by someone about all British people being racist. The guy who made this statement was under huge criticism for a while but Joseph Harker wanted to take it a step further and pose the question, are all white people racist? The point is, noone ever stops and thinks about ideas that might sound ludicrous and thats what hes doing.

3.) When referring to blacks as guinea pigs he was just correlating black people to that of experiment guinea pigs because in a sense black people in that instance were used in an experiment without their approval.
    Last edited by Obama; 10-08-2010 at 07:53 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/user/alixl2?feature=mhw4
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    tl;dr , I guess it's right since you're posting it
    Ali's alt .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alixl2 #2 For This Useful Post:

Obama (10-09-2010)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    First off I would like to applaud you for reading the whole article

As to your analysis, I would like to point out a few thing

1.)When concluding his article with "I can't be racist, I have white friends", hes was mocking fun at the common responses that white people give to black people when being approached about racism. Comments like, "I'm not racist, my best friends black" or "I'm not racist, I'm dating a black girl." The point was to make the reader say/think "that sounds so stupid" and I guess he succeeded because thats exactly what you just thought.

2.)In his intro he was merely quoting a previous statement made by someone about all British people being racist. The guy who made this statement was under huge criticism for a while but Joseph Harker wanted to take it a step further and pose the question, are all white people racist? The point is, noone ever stops and thinks about ideas that might sound ludicrous and thats what hes doing.

3.) When referring to blacks as guinea pigs he was just correlating black people to that of experiment guinea pigs because in a sense black people in that instance were used in an experiment without their approval.
    Yes, I know the intro was a quote from some British official. But he still supported and entertained his thought in a good manner, still "defending" his race while still being negligent to the others' thoughts.
    Yes I know that the guinea pigs was an allusion to something, but it wasn't an "experiment" (in my terms, at least.), but you still have a point. I wasn't really replying to the article itself, but all articles of this nature.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I'm white so that hurts my feelings... atnight

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by xscizorx View Post
    Yes, I know the intro was a quote from some British official. But he still supported and entertained his thought in a good manner, still "defending" his race while still being negligent to the others' thoughts.
    Yes I know that the guinea pigs was an allusion to something, but it wasn't an "experiment" (in my terms, at least.), but you still have a point. I wasn't really replying to the article itself, but all articles of this nature.
    Still have no idea what you're talking about :/

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama View Post
    Joseph Harker: Of course all white people are racist | Society | The Guardian

If its tl;dr just read portions of it until you're done.

I really want feedback and discussion

srs

theres your honest answer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    YouTube - Everyones A Little Bit Racist

theres your honest answer
    But mostly youhs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Moral of the story: All whites are racist, even if they don't know it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vocal View Post

But mostly youhs.
    everyone is racist
    no matter skin color
    we all judge others about ethnicities because our parents did and their parents did
    its a never ending cycle
    think about it

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    everyone is racist
    no matter skin color
    we all judge others about ethnicities because our parents did and their parents did
    its a never ending cycle
    think about it
    Only people in power can be racist because they have the ability to effect everyone else's realities. Thus, whites are the only racists.

Thanks
    I don't support Racism

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    I don't support Racism
    The question is, do you advocate for the oppressed or do you sit and watch silently as they suffer.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    Not much i can do about racism but to just live life as how it is. All i can do is affect the people like me. Still, its not enough for a true change about racism since i doubt you can change that.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgy Dawg View Post
    Not much i can do about racism but to just live life as how it is. All i can do is affect the people like me. Still, its not enough for a true change about racism since i doubt you can change that.
    So basically you're a moderate. Moderates are the people who scare me the most, they stay silent in the midst of adversity simply because it doesn't affect them. They do nothing.

These are the people that perpetuate racism, not the blatant racists.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    What can i do to change things. Not much that anyone can do

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast