Thread: Depression

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #16
    RottenTomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,464
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    36
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Depression is a strong mood involving sadness, discouragement, despair, or hopelessness that lasts for weeks, months, or even longer

    meh u could be sad over the fact that ur brother had the last twinkie and u can be classified as "depressed"

  2. #17
    DoubleDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Koning
    Posts
    11,253
    Reputation
    1149
    Thanks
    1,174
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by (G)rapefruit View Post
    For the past few years according to my shrink... Yes.
    explain .

  3. #18
    RottenTomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,464
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    36
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    cant wait for the flame war to begin

  4. #19
    DoubleDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Koning
    Posts
    11,253
    Reputation
    1149
    Thanks
    1,174
    My Mood
    Bored
    Nah, dont flame on a serious topic. You need to know your boundries.

  5. #20
    (G)rapefruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,594
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    211
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post


    explain .
    Long story how it happened, so I'll spare that.

    My symptoms are just being emotionless, pessimism, insomnia, fatigue. Symptoms of a chronic dysthymic disorder. I've had it since 6th grade or something, but never contacted a shrink untill about a month ago.

    It's not like I'm suicidal or something like that. That's what most people think of when they hear the word "Depression".

  6. #21
    RottenTomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,464
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    36
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    hmm let me rephrase my previous post, i wonder what grapefruit going to say

  7. #22
    Coke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    You would like to know wouldn't you.
    Posts
    4,665
    Reputation
    885
    Thanks
    1,244
    My Mood
    Daring
    I've had some cases of depression but solved them by going outside and jog.
    /

  8. #23
    DoubleDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Koning
    Posts
    11,253
    Reputation
    1149
    Thanks
    1,174
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    I've had some cases of depression but solved them by going outside and jog.
    /
    Just like this. /yea

  9. #24
    RottenTomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,464
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    36
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    huh my Gym teach back in elementary school told me exercise prevents depression and makes u happy, guess he was right but im not gonna run a mile to be happy >.>

  10. #25
    (G)rapefruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,594
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    211
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by ClueDell View Post
    huh my Gym teach back in elementary school told me exercise prevents depression and makes u happy, guess he was right but im not gonna run a mile to be happy >.>
    Exercise just releases endorphines that make you feel good for a few hours.

  11. #26
    RottenTomato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    1,464
    Reputation
    17
    Thanks
    36
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by (G)rapefruit View Post
    Exercise just releases endorphines that make you feel good for a few hours.
    yea and thiers a myth that a jogger who was getting in shape for a marathon became "hi"or is it "high" while jogging

  12. #27
    DoubleDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Koning
    Posts
    11,253
    Reputation
    1149
    Thanks
    1,174
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by (G)rapefruit View Post
    Exercise just releases endorphines that make you feel good for a few hours.
    its a good support though

  13. #28
    (G)rapefruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,594
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    211
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post


    its a good support though
    Yeah, but it has pretty much no effect on clinical depressions.

  14. #29
    PyrexxHero®'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    My house
    Posts
    4,952
    Reputation
    575
    Thanks
    493
    My Mood
    Lurking
    a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity

    I know what depression is, i was diagnosed with severe depression in 8th grade and put on anti-depressants and sent to weekly therapy
    Let me expand on the sitting down with my eyes closed thing
    I sit there and listen to sad music and think of every little way ive fucked up in my life and every little flaw about me that made it so as a child i could never fit in and imagine creative ways of killing myself so people will look upon me and say "wow, thats actually pretty cool" instead of "god he was such a fag"
    i stay up till about 2 am, but i get off my computer around 12 and just sit in my bed barely focusing on my tv
    i get woken up around 8am on weekdays, but stay in bed until around noon because i see no fucking reason to bother to get out of bed
    i start feeling like shit when i havent had a stogie in a while but i just sit there because i have absolutely no willpower to get my ass up and go smoke one
    writing this actually took a fairly good ammount of debating with myself weather its worth writing this or just forgetting about MPGH for another night and just stare at the wall some more

    SuperBadassExtraordinaire says (5:53 PM):
    babysitting is ghey
    Corndog says (5:53 PM):
    ur ghey
    Baron De Montesquieu..Wtf? [Czar] says (5:53 PM):
    you're a breaded hotdog

  15. #30
    DoubleDutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Koning
    Posts
    11,253
    Reputation
    1149
    Thanks
    1,174
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by DickLovingFaggotBitch View Post
    a mental state characterized by a pessimistic sense of inadequacy and a despondent lack of activity

    I know what depression is, i was diagnosed with severe depression in 8th grade and put on anti-depressants and sent to weekly therapy
    Let me expand on the sitting down with my eyes closed thing
    I sit there and listen to sad music and think of every little way ive fucked up in my life and every little flaw about me that made it so as a child i could never fit in and imagine creative ways of killing myself so people will look upon me and say "wow, thats actually pretty cool" instead of "god he was such a fag"
    i stay up till about 2 am, but i get off my computer around 12 and just sit in my bed barely focusing on my tv
    i get woken up around 8am on weekdays, but stay in bed until around noon because i see no fucking reason to bother to get out of bed
    i start feeling like shit when i havent had a stogie in a while but i just sit there because i have absolutely no willpower to get my ass up and go smoke one
    writing this actually took a fairly good ammount of debating with myself weather its worth writing this or just forgetting about MPGH for another night and just stare at the wall some more

    its easy to stop listening to sad music. Don't let it take over. Don't form a habbit. Just stop thinking about it. You are just doing this because you think its the only way. Get out to the city and have some fun. Make sure you're never alone or never at a quiete place.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast