Thread: Guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Kyojiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    ??????????????
    Posts
    724
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    30

    Guys

    I sent a letter to the cult of scientology, telling them to stop whining and grow up etc. This is of course when they decided to attack/sue YTMND.

    Bleh.
    Watch me get sued :[

  2. #2
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    29,796
    Reputation
    4042
    Thanks
    37,628
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Wtf... What do you mean attack/sue YMTND?

    I am a Scientologist myself. If you decide to attack Scientology, you are attacking me...

    Scientology is a synonym for "pseudoscience". In 1934, the Argentine-German writer Anastasius Nordenholz published a book using the word positively: Scientologie, Wissenschaft von der Beschaffenheit und der Tauglichkeit des Wissens ("Scientology, Science of the Constitution and Usefulness of Knowledge").

    Nordenholz's book is a study of consciousness, and its usage of the word is not greatly different from Hubbard's definition, "knowing how to know". However, it is not clear to what extent Hubbard was aware of these earlier uses.

    The word itself is a pairing of the Latin word scientia ("knowledge", "skill"), which comes from the verb scire ("to know"), and the Greek λογος lógos ("reason" or "inward thought" or "logic" or "an account of").

    "Scientology would be a study of knowledge," Hubbard stated in 1952. In the 1965 edition of Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought, he added, "Scientology is that branch of psychology which treats or (embraces) human ability.

    It is an extension of Dianetics which is in itself an extension of old-time faculty-psychology of 400 years ago."

    In 1960 L. Ron Hubbard redefined Scientology as: "a religion by its basic tenets, practice, historical background and by the definition of the word “religion” itself."

    In 1969 he wrote that "It is fundamentally an applied religious philosophy." although it is claimed that this was for tax exempt qualifications.

    Immediately prior to his first Dianetics publications, Hubbard was involved with occultist Jack Parsons in performing rites developed by Aleister Crowley.

    In a 1952 lecture, Hubbard praised Crowley's works and referred to him as "my very good friend". Some investigators have noted similarities in Hubbard's writings to the doctrines of Crowley, though the Church of Scientology currently denies any such connection.

    An influence that Hubbard did acknowledge is the system of General Semantics developed by Alfred Korzybski in the 1930s. Scientology also reflects the influence of the Hindu concept of karma, as well as the less metaphysical theories of Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung and William Sargant.

    In a lecture given on July 19, 1962 entitled "The E-meter", Hubbard said:

    "So Suzie and I went down to the library, and we started hauling books out and looking for words. And we finally found 'scio' and we find 'ology'. And there was the founding of that word. Now, that word had been used to some degree before. There had been some thought of this.

    Actually the earliest studies on these didn't have any name to them until a little bit along the line and then I called it anything you could think of. But we found that this word Scientology, you see—and it could have been any other word that had also been used—was the best-fitted word for exactly what we wanted."

    The current Church of Scientology writes, "The word Scientology literally means 'the study of truth.' It comes from the Latin word 'scio' meaning 'knowing in the fullest sense of the word' and the Greek word 'logos' meaning 'study of.'"

    Although "Scientology" is most often used as shorthand for the Church of Scientology, a number of groups practice Scientology and Dianetics outside of the official Church. Such groups are invariably breakaways from the original Church, and usually argue that it has corrupted L. Ron Hubbard's principles or otherwise become overly domineering. The Church takes an extremely hard line on breakaway groups, labeling them "apostates" (or "squirrels" in Scientology jargon) and often subjecting them to considerable legal and social pressure. Breakaway groups avoid the name "Scientology" so as to keep from being sued, instead referring to themselves collectively as the Free Zone.

    Scientologists claim that Scientology is a bona fide religion. They cite many sources to support their position, many of which can be found on a website established for this purpose.

    Scientologists claim that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax exemption granted to the Scientology related businesses gives their religion a U.S. government stamp of authenticity.

    However, the tax-exempt status the IRS gives to charitable organizations is not necessarily the stamp of a "bona fide religion", nor does the US Government make that claim, because the IRS also grants this same tax-exempt status to non-religious entities, such as the Red Cross, the United Way, and tens of thousands of other groups, including kids soccer clubs and local neighborhood theatre groups. All are granted tax-exempt status because of IRS Tax Code, section 501(c)(3), while none are necessarily considered "bona fide religions".

    Scientologists spent a lot of time and effort to get their IRS tax exemption back after they lost it in a 1967 IRS audit. As part of those efforts during the late 1970's, Scientologists infiltrated the United States Internal Revenue Service and stole confidential documents in what was termed "Operation Snow White". Eleven high-ranking Scientologists, including Hubbard's wife Mary Sue Hubbard, served time in federal prison for their criminal acts during this infiltration of the IRS.

    In the early 1990's church leaders, David Miscavige and Mark Rathbun, visited with the IRS in Washington, DC to negotiate a settlement in an effort to gain tax-exempt status. It wasn't until October 1, 1993, that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service formally announced that the Church of Scientology and its myriad corporate entities had been granted tax exemption again. A year before the exemption, though, on August 24, 1992, Scientology's Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) had traded to the federal government one of three known vaults it had built for millions of dollars, the one at the Trementina Base. Even though CST had paid over $250,000 for the property in 1986 and had invested millions in development of the property, according to the Federal Register record, CST traded it all to the government, vault included, for a similar parcel of land in the same New Mexico county valued at only $28,000.

    The settlement document was sealed by the IRS, but it was leaked to the New York Times and they subsequently published it.

    The New York Times also asserted in a March 9, 1997 article that, in its efforts to obtain tax-exempt status, Scientologists paid private investigators to obtain compromising material on the IRS commissioner.

    Because Scientology courses are allowed to be deducted from income taxes, some people have wondered why religious courses for other religions are not allowed the same deduction. In the case of MICHAEL SKLAR; MARLA SKLAR v. COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL No. 00-70753, the Sklars argued they should be allowed a tax-deduction for their payments for courses their son took at a Jewish school. On January 29, 2002 the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld the IRS's opposition. Judge Silverman concurred, saying:

    "An IRS closing agreement cannot overrule Congress and the Supreme Court. If the IRS does, in fact, give preferential treatment to members of the Church of Scientology—allowing them a special right to claim deductions that are contrary to law and rightly disallowed to everybody else—then the proper course of action is a lawsuit to put a stop to that policy."

    In 1982, there was a similar ruling by the High Court of Australia, in Church of the New Faith v. Commissioner Of Pay-roll Tax. The court ruled that the government of Victoria could not deny the Church the right to operate in Victoria under the legal status of "religion", even though the state found that the Church practiced charlatanism. All three judges in the case found that the Church of the New Faith (Church of Scientology) was a religion.

    One judge said "It follows that, whatever be the intentions of Mr. Hubbard and whatever be the motivation of the [Church of Scientology], the state of the evidence in this case requires a finding that the general group of adherents have a religion. The question whether their beliefs, practices and observances are a religion must, in the state of that evidence, be answered affirmatively. That answer, according to the conventional basis adopted by the parties in fighting the case, must lead to a judgment for the [Church of Scientology]." A second judge said, "Conclusion.

    The applicant has easily discharged the onus of showing that it is religious. The conclusion that it is a religious institution entitled to the tax exemption is irrestible." The third of the three judges concluded, "The conclusion to which we have ultimately come is that Scientology is, for relevant purposes, a religion. With due respect to Crockett J. and the members of the Full Supreme Court who reached a contrary conclusion, it seems to us that there are elements and characteristics of Scientology in Australia, as disclosed by the evidence, which cannot be denied."

















































    Haha fucking bullshit. I just wanted you guys to read that =)





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose. - Dave84311

    HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  3. #3
    qwerty1029's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    193
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    81
    Ya really i have no fuckin clue wut ur talking about there obviously somthing i missed

  4. #4
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    29,796
    Reputation
    4042
    Thanks
    37,628
    My Mood
    Devilish
    YOU MISSED NOTHING. I AM A SCIENTOLOGIST. =x





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose. - Dave84311

    HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  5. #5
    Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Rooftops
    Posts
    1,096
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    135
    Weird. Good luck with that. Ill reme,ber that the day of the robot takeover (in exactly 28:04:23:17 d:h:m:s)

  6. #6
    i eat trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    RACISM
    Posts
    1,420
    Reputation
    54
    Thanks
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311
    Wtf... What do you mean attack/sue YMTND?

    I am a Scientologist myself. If you decide to attack Scientology, you are attacking me...

    Scientology is a synonym for "pseudoscience". In 1934, the Argentine-German writer Anastasius Nordenholz published a book using the word positively: Scientologie, Wissenschaft von der Beschaffenheit und der Tauglichkeit des Wissens ("Scientology, Science of the Constitution and Usefulness of Knowledge").

    Nordenholz's book is a study of consciousness, and its usage of the word is not greatly different from Hubbard's definition, "knowing how to know". However, it is not clear to what extent Hubbard was aware of these earlier uses.

    The word itself is a pairing of the Latin word scientia ("knowledge", "skill"), which comes from the verb scire ("to know"), and the Greek λογος lógos ("reason" or "inward thought" or "logic" or "an account of").

    "Scientology would be a study of knowledge," Hubbard stated in 1952. In the 1965 edition of Scientology: The Fundamentals of Thought, he added, "Scientology is that branch of psychology which treats or (embraces) human ability.

    It is an extension of Dianetics which is in itself an extension of old-time faculty-psychology of 400 years ago."

    In 1960 L. Ron Hubbard redefined Scientology as: "a religion by its basic tenets, practice, historical background and by the definition of the word “religionà€ itself."

    In 1969 he wrote that "It is fundamentally an applied religious philosophy." although it is claimed that this was for tax exempt qualifications.

    Immediately prior to his first Dianetics publications, Hubbard was involved with occultist Jack Parsons in performing rites developed by Aleister Crowley.

    In a 1952 lecture, Hubbard praised Crowley's works and referred to him as "my very good friend". Some investigators have noted similarities in Hubbard's writings to the doctrines of Crowley, though the Church of Scientology currently denies any such connection.

    An influence that Hubbard did acknowledge is the system of General Semantics developed by Alfred Korzybski in the 1930s. Scientology also reflects the influence of the Hindu concept of karma, as well as the less metaphysical theories of Sigmund Freud, Carl Jung and William Sargant.

    In a lecture given on July 19, 1962 entitled "The E-meter", Hubbard said:

    "So Suzie and I went down to the library, and we started hauling books out and looking for words. And we finally found 'scio' and we find 'ology'. And there was the founding of that word. Now, that word had been used to some degree before. There had been some thought of this.

    Actually the earliest studies on these didn't have any name to them until a little bit along the line and then I called it anything you could think of. But we found that this word Scientology, you see—and it could have been any other word that had also been used—was the best-fitted word for exactly what we wanted."

    The current Church of Scientology writes, "The word Scientology literally means 'the study of truth.' It comes from the Latin word 'scio' meaning 'knowing in the fullest sense of the word' and the Greek word 'logos' meaning 'study of.'"

    Although "Scientology" is most often used as shorthand for the Church of Scientology, a number of groups practice Scientology and Dianetics outside of the official Church. Such groups are invariably breakaways from the original Church, and usually argue that it has corrupted L. Ron Hubbard's principles or otherwise become overly domineering. The Church takes an extremely hard line on breakaway groups, labeling them "apostates" (or "squirrels" in Scientology jargon) and often subjecting them to considerable legal and social pressure. Breakaway groups avoid the name "Scientology" so as to keep from being sued, instead referring to themselves collectively as the Free Zone.

    Scientologists claim that Scientology is a bona fide religion. They cite many sources to support their position, many of which can be found on a website established for this purpose.

    Scientologists claim that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax exemption granted to the Scientology related businesses gives their religion a U.S. government stamp of authenticity.

    However, the tax-exempt status the IRS gives to charitable organizations is not necessarily the stamp of a "bona fide religion", nor does the US Government make that claim, because the IRS also grants this same tax-exempt status to non-religious entities, such as the Red Cross, the United Way, and tens of thousands of other groups, including kids soccer clubs and local neighborhood theatre groups. All are granted tax-exempt status because of IRS Tax Code, section 501(c)(3), while none are necessarily considered "bona fide religions".

    Scientologists spent a lot of time and effort to get their IRS tax exemption back after they lost it in a 1967 IRS audit. As part of those efforts during the late 1970's, Scientologists infiltrated the United States Internal Revenue Service and stole confidential documents in what was termed "Operation Snow White". Eleven high-ranking Scientologists, including Hubbard's wife Mary Sue Hubbard, served time in federal prison for their criminal acts during this infiltration of the IRS.

    In the early 1990's church leaders, David Miscavige and Mark Rathbun, visited with the IRS in Washington, DC to negotiate a settlement in an effort to gain tax-exempt status. It wasn't until October 1, 1993, that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service formally announced that the Church of Scientology and its myriad corporate entities had been granted tax exemption again. A year before the exemption, though, on August 24, 1992, Scientology's Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) had traded to the federal government one of three known vaults it had built for millions of dollars, the one at the Trementina Base. Even though CST had paid over $250,000 for the property in 1986 and had invested millions in development of the property, according to the Federal Register record, CST traded it all to the government, vault included, for a similar parcel of land in the same New Mexico county valued at only $28,000.

    The settlement document was sealed by the IRS, but it was leaked to the New York Times and they subsequently published it.

    The New York Times also asserted in a March 9, 1997 article that, in its efforts to obtain tax-exempt status, Scientologists paid private investigators to obtain compromising material on the IRS commissioner.

    Because Scientology courses are allowed to be deducted from income taxes, some people have wondered why religious courses for other religions are not allowed the same deduction. In the case of MICHAEL SKLAR; MARLA SKLAR v. COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL No. 00-70753, the Sklars argued they should be allowed a tax-deduction for their payments for courses their son took at a Jewish school. On January 29, 2002 the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit upheld the IRS's opposition. Judge Silverman concurred, saying:

    "An IRS closing agreement cannot overrule Congress and the Supreme Court. If the IRS does, in fact, give preferential treatment to members of the Church of Scientology—a llowing them a special right to claim deductions that are contrary to law and rightly disallowed to everybody else—then the proper course of action is a lawsuit to put a stop to that policy."

    In 1982, there was a similar ruling by the High Court of Australia, in Church of the New Faith v. Commissioner Of Pay-roll Tax. The court ruled that the government of Victoria could not deny the Church the right to operate in Victoria under the legal status of "religion", even though the state found that the Church practiced charlatanism. All three judges in the case found that the Church of the New Faith (Church of Scientology) was a religion.

    One judge said "It follows that, whatever be the intentions of Mr. Hubbard and whatever be the motivation of the [Church of Scientology], the state of the evidence in this case requires a finding that the general group of adherents have a religion. The question whether their beliefs, practices and observances are a religion must, in the state of that evidence, be answered affirmatively. That answer, according to the conventional basis adopted by the parties in fighting the case, must lead to a judgment for the [Church of Scientology]." A second judge said, "Conclusion.

    The applicant has easily discharged the onus of showing that it is religious. The conclusion that it is a religious institution entitled to the tax exemption is irrestible." The third of the three judges concluded, "The conclusion to which we have ultimately come is that Scientology is, for relevant purposes, a religion. With due respect to Crockett J. and the members of the Full Supreme Court who reached a contrary conclusion, it seems to us that there are elements and characteristics of Scientology in Australia, as disclosed by the evidence, which cannot be denied."

















































    Haha fucking bullshit. I just wanted you guys to read that =)
    quoting this cause i can,

    my sig is smaller then half the sigs on mpgh

  7. #7
    Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Rooftops
    Posts
    1,096
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    135
    Good job, man.

  8. #8
    i eat trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    RACISM
    Posts
    1,420
    Reputation
    54
    Thanks
    187
    I love my avatar so fucking much....

    my sig is smaller then half the sigs on mpgh

  9. #9
    Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Rooftops
    Posts
    1,096
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    135
    Mmm. the Colbert repor.

  10. #10
    i eat trees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    RACISM
    Posts
    1,420
    Reputation
    54
    Thanks
    187
    i fucking love the colbert so much :O

    my sig is smaller then half the sigs on mpgh

  11. #11
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,696
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,668
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Where Does It Start, And Where Does It End?



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  12. #12
    Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    The Rooftops
    Posts
    1,096
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    135
    It ends when he shrugs to the right. Look at the side of his face.

  13. #13
    ace76543's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    next to iverson
    Posts
    5,661
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    303
    dave you fucking prick, i acually read that


    i still dont know what scientology is..


    wow dave i didnt knowu weren a scientologist..i respect them more now. when i used to think of scientology, i thought of tom cruise...so i just wrote them off as faggots. but when i think of scientology...i think of dave.













    not much difference..

  14. #14
    EleMentX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    de_dust2
    Posts
    3,451
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    591
    Quote Originally Posted by ace76543
    dave you fucking prick, i acually read that
    BANT!

    lol dave wont like this at all tisk tisk...



    i hope kyo gets the pants sued off him(i dun want hes pants off tho >_>")


    LEAVE EM ON=/

  15. #15
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    29,796
    Reputation
    4042
    Thanks
    37,628
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by ace76543
    dave you fucking prick, i acually read that


    i still dont know what scientology is..


    wow dave i didnt knowu weren a scientologist..i respect them more now. when i used to think of scientology, i thought of tom cruise...so i just wrote them off as faggots. but when i think of scientology...i think of dave.













    not much difference..
    FUCK YOU AND FUCK UR FAMILY





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose. - Dave84311

    HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Funniest guy on earth
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-13-2010, 06:19 AM
  2. Finally Found you Guys
    By Chronologix in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 02:04 PM
  3. nooby question from a nooby guy
    By ace76543 in forum Hack Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-21-2006, 12:55 AM
  4. Hey guys
    By ktspaz in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 07:41 AM
  5. Yo guys help
    By ktspaz in forum Hack Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-14-2006, 07:48 AM