Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Rainscape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    75436567557576 Posts: 68,295
    Posts
    1,746
    Reputation
    -31
    Thanks
    119
    My Mood
    Cold

    Luke AFB (slight rage)

    I hate that the fking luke afb is ~15 miles away from me and the jets go north-east... they go right over m house... It's freeken loud! Once in a while you'll hear (and feel) the military aircraft going mach 10! (or supersonic) You'll also get cargo planes and about 10 military helicopters going over, and those rattle the windows to almost break point!

  2. #2
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,707
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I know commercial airplanes aren't allowed to travel supersonic over the USA, not sure about military, but I doubt they are traveling anywhere over supersonic, else your windows WOULD break.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  3. #3
    Rainscape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    75436567557576 Posts: 68,295
    Posts
    1,746
    Reputation
    -31
    Thanks
    119
    My Mood
    Cold
    They do travel supersonic... the ground was shaking rapidly... not earthquake-like though, and you could see the windows flex back and fourth for about 2 seconds... My dad was in the Air Force and he said supersonic jet

  4. #4
    Stoney Franklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    p-town
    Posts
    1,640
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    I know commercial airplanes aren't allowed to travel supersonic over the USA, not sure about military, but I doubt they are traveling anywhere over supersonic, else your windows WOULD break.
    that would be a myth
    unless they were flyin really really low
    You can quote me on this..when it comes to juggalos we're.....

    More than a charm n a chain we're like a crackpipe


    GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE JUGGALO FAMILY LISTEN TO THIS ONE SONG


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n2kY...eature=related

  5. #5
    GBot!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    3,362
    Reputation
    320
    Thanks
    421
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Franklin View Post
    that would be a myth
    unless they were flyin really really low
    Maybe they did?

  6. #6
    Sjoerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Aurora Borealis
    Posts
    16,876
    Reputation
    1198
    Thanks
    2,083
    My Mood
    Hot
    i like airplanes and tea







  7. #7
    Obama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Black house
    Posts
    22,197
    Reputation
    870
    Thanks
    6,074
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by HackTesteR View Post
    They do travel supersonic... the ground was shaking rapidly... not earthquake-like though, and you could see the windows flex back and fourth for about 2 seconds... My dad was in the Air Force and he said supersonic jet
    Your dad lied to you

  8. #8
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,707
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by HackTesteR View Post
    They do travel supersonic... the ground was shaking rapidly... not earthquake-like though, and you could see the windows flex back and fourth for about 2 seconds... My dad was in the Air Force and he said supersonic jet
    You don't have to be going supersonic for the ground or windows to shake. Once you break the sound barrier, the sonic boom might cause the windows to shatter. The military would have to pay for all the damages, hence why FAA banned going supersonic over the USA. I could be wrong, but it's unlikely that they are going supersonic over the USA.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Franklin View Post
    that would be a myth
    unless they were flyin really really low
    You don't have to be flying low, the shock has nowhere to be absorbed, it will continue while slowly dissipating till it hits the ground. Why do you think NASA launches near the coast?



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  9. #9
    Obama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Black house
    Posts
    22,197
    Reputation
    870
    Thanks
    6,074
    My Mood
    Cool
    Arun jus owned you and your daddy

  10. #10
    KingStund202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    692
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post


    You don't have to be going supersonic for the ground or windows to shake. Once you break the sound barrier, the sonic boom might cause the windows to shatter. The military would have to pay for all the damages, hence why FAA banned going supersonic over the USA. I could be wrong, but it's unlikely that they are going supersonic over the USA.



    You don't have to be flying low, the shock has nowhere to be absorbed, it will continue while slowly dissipating till it hits the ground. Why do you think NASA launches near the coast?
    Smarty Pants

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

    KING is an AMERICAN TO THE DEATH.

    He doesn't even agree with himself sometimes. But at night, before he goes to sleep. He does a prayer to a god he doesn't believe in and ask for the deity to watch over his country....while he sleeps.

    KING is a true AMERICAN....An all AMERICAN

  11. #11
    Rainscape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    75436567557576 Posts: 68,295
    Posts
    1,746
    Reputation
    -31
    Thanks
    119
    My Mood
    Cold
    The military chooses Luke AFB as their second military testing grounds, bite on that Arun

  12. #12
    KingStund202's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    692
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by HackTesteR View Post
    The military chooses Luke AFB as their second military testing grounds, bite on that Arun
    Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!Fight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

    KING is an AMERICAN TO THE DEATH.

    He doesn't even agree with himself sometimes. But at night, before he goes to sleep. He does a prayer to a god he doesn't believe in and ask for the deity to watch over his country....while he sleeps.

    KING is a true AMERICAN....An all AMERICAN

  13. #13
    Rainscape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    75436567557576 Posts: 68,295
    Posts
    1,746
    Reputation
    -31
    Thanks
    119
    My Mood
    Cold
    From Luke AFB main page:

    "Mission
    Train the world's greatest F-16 fighter pilots and maintainers, while deploying mission ready warfighters.

    Vision
    Developing Airmen for America's Air Force."

    "The surprise attack on Pearl Harbor Dec. 7, 1941, by Japan led the U.S to enter World War II. During World War II Luke was the largest fighter training base in the Air Corps and graduated more than 12,000 pilots."

    "Trials team
    12/14/2010 - The Minot AFB Office of the Staff Judge Advocates hosted the Air Force Global Strike Command first joint legal training with the Training by Reservist in Advocacy and Litigation Skills team. The training consisted of an entire mock trial for the active duty JAGs while reciving on the spot feedback"

  14. #14
    Lady GaGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gamerage
    Posts
    5,147
    Reputation
    140
    Thanks
    333
    My Mood
    Angelic
    That would be cool the first couple of time. But i can understand that it gets annoying. These usually a police car with its siren bleeping near my house 4/7 days of the week
    Your signature has been removed due to excessive homosexuality.

  15. #15
    Diminished's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,683
    Reputation
    372
    Thanks
    1,102
    My Mood
    Tired
    Thank god I don;t experience these, I live in a airplane-free area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast