Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Lol does that make sense?
    The star on their cover = the devil worshipper star
    I swear half of MPGH takes retardo pills ery' day

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707 View Post

The star on their cover = the devil worshipper star
    I swear half of MPGH takes retardo pills ery' day
    In Christianity the pentagram is symbolic of either the 5 senses, or the five wounds of Christ. It was even believed to keep away demons from entering. Only recently has it, along with many other symbols been mis represented as satanic. I bet you think the upside down cross is the mark of the devil no? It is actually the Cross of saint peter. Peter wanted to be crucified upside down because he felt he was not worthy to be crucified right side up like Jesus was. Hell, the pope had an upside down cross on his chair too, as the papacy likes to be represented by symbols that also represented saint peter.

But most modern day metal bands go around parading them as sacrilegious symbols when all the while they are simply showing how humble they are.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

StayTrue (01-05-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    In Christianity the pentagram is symbolic of either the 5 senses, or the five wounds of Christ. It was even believed to keep away demons from entering. Only recently has it, along with many other symbols been mis represented as satanic. I bet you think the upside down cross is the mark of the devil no? It is actually the Cross of saint peter. Peter wanted to be crucified upside down because he felt he was not worthy to be crucified right side up like Jesus was. Hell, the pope had an upside down cross on his chair too, as the papacy likes to be represented by symbols that also represented saint peter.

But most modern day metal bands go around parading them as sacrilegious symbols when all the while they are simply showing how humble they are.
    I honestly learned something new today from you, that was perfectly explained !

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Pentagram != satanic imagery.

Contrary to what most misguided metal bands would have you say, the pentagram has its roots way further back than metal music, or occultist worshiping of satan.
    Actually the satanic star, is an inverted pentagram, its a way of insulting pagans, the same use as inverted crosses, Pentagram or pentangle its used by Wiccans and other pagan believers as a holy symbol of the goddess. Same as the star of David for the Jews and the cross for Christians.

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

Actually the satanic star, is an inverted pentagram, its a way of insulting pagans, the same use as inverted crosses, Pentagram or pentangle its used by Wiccans and other pagan believers as a holy symbol of the goddess. Same as the star of David for the Jews and the cross for Christians.
    i dont know who to believe ?

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Doesn't look like a pentagram
    Your signature has been removed due to excessive homosexuality.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Innocent
    This nigrat is a fake.

Previous names
    -darknezzrox
    -Subpoena

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    i is now confuse

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

The inverted crucifix is insulting, and ultimately, anti-religious. But the only reason the inverted cross is considered offensive is because people tried to associate it with "the opposite of good"

but the pentagram itself is nothing more than a 5 point star. It has a ton of different meanings, and in the end is really only what people see it as. Pagans used it as their symbol much the same way the Chinese did with the elements, and is in no way related to satanism. The only real satan star is an upside down star with a goats head in it. But that is the Sigil of Baphomet not a pentagram.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Ok your right, everyone who wears 5 pointed stars, and black metal shirts loves god and hates the devil

Thanks

Ok your right, everyone who wears 5 pointed stars, and black metal shirts loves god and hates the devil
    Not literally. Its the fact that an entire generation of metal fans are misguided in their beliefs, or more importantly, their symbolism. It really just shows how thin the whole facade is, and is nothing more than an attempt to be different and stand out so fans will like them.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Not literally. Its the fact that an entire generation of metal fans are misguided in their beliefs, or more importantly, their symbolism. It really just shows how thin the whole facade is, and is nothing more than an attempt to be different and stand out so fans will like them.
    I don't think you could possibly be a metal fan, or that the extent of your knowledge justifies an opinion, because your way off track with your lack of knowledge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I don't think you could possibly be a metal fan, or that the extent of your knowledge justifies an opinion, because your way off track with your lack of knowledge.
    Because you are soooo educated right?

I do like metal. I dont follow any of its occultist beliefs, but metal isnt strictly limited to satanism either.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Because you are soooo educated right?

I do like metal. I dont follow any of its occultist beliefs, but metal isnt strictly limited to satanism either.
    That's not the point tho, the point is a kid loves a band that has satanic imagery in its logo and yet he claims to be a christian and tbh if anything confused me it was this thread and its replies.

Thanks

That's not the point tho, the point is a kid loves a band that has satanic imagery in its logo and yet he claims to be a christian and tbh if anything confused me it was this thread and its replies.
    Yeah I get the irony in it. The thread kinda got derailed on what was and what wasnt actually satanic though.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast