Poll: Could you kill someone

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I won't kill him, just like torture him. Torture him as in shooting him enough to wish he was dead. Or just rip off his nuts.

Thanks
    im a good person, no

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Pretty sure a fairly large number of gang members are in their teens,
    not war vets, and would have no problem shooting some one until they died.

Just sayin

Me personally,
    I'm not a gang member, but I live in a shit neighborhood,
    that being said, it's a me or them situation.
    I wasn't saying that it's unfathomable for someone to be able to shoot someone and be okay.
    I was simply arguing that there's no way to know unless you do it.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Never could. If it was someone else's life on the line - I may severely injure the robber or whatever have you. If it was myself, even if there was a threat on my life, As Scruffy slightly brushed over - I think I'd in the future be too psychologically effected to even live with myself, So why do it?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post

I wasn't saying that it's unfathomable for someone to be able to shoot someone and be okay.
    I was simply arguing that there's no way to know unless you do it.
    I just bought a new TV.
    My door is unlocked..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    no one has the right to kill anyone
    but when it comes down to it most people
    kill2survive not shoot2kill
    but it would depend on the situation -_-

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Cod Fag: "I would make sure there was 25 noob tubers and i would quick scope them all and call a nuke on alllllkllllllllllllklkaldlsllll of the robbars in darh world" <----- in asian accent

but me yea i shoot him, considering the bich ass was tryin to kill me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by raphaterz View Post
    Cod Fag: "I would make sure there was 25 noob tubers and i would quick scope them all and call a nuke on alllllkllllllllllllklkaldlsllll of the robbars in darh world" <----- in asian accent

but me yea i shoot him, considering the bich ass was tryin to kill me
    what if he just wanted to rob you
    and you killed him
    you know you can go to jail?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty
    I would invite him/her in for tea or coffee. We would sit down and have a nice chat. After which i would speak very seriously about the actions taken and what could happen, then I would proceed to either let them go. I would call the police and file a report giving the right or correct information depending on our conversation. Whatever damages were caused to the building itself would be my landlords responsibility.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some fifty miles of concrete pavement. We pay for a single fighter plane with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This is, I repeat, the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron."
    - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    I already have killed someone

With my Minivan

Threadstarter
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    There's no way anyone could know how they'd react to such a thing unless it already happened to them.

Look at war veterans: People come back from war, having killed as little as one person, and are fucked up psychologically for the rest of their life. These people were even HOPING to kill people and were trained to do so.

What makes you so special?
    Most do it to serve their country. You're argument is that because some people who are trained to shoot a gun, not to kill people, have problems is equivalent to me having problems doing what I think is right is invalid.

Some people can deal easier with death then others. My sense of justice is that if someone knocked and asked for food, then I declined, and they pulled out a gun and demanded it, I'd give it, without feeling any need to kill them. If the same person broke in to rob me without knocking or any idea why they are here, I'd shoot them.

For all of us this is theoretical, which is all we can do, unless, like we've all heard before, until we are put in the position, we don't know. But nonetheless this is an interesting discussion. Unless of course some of you have some hidden secrets.
    Last edited by arunforce; 03-09-2011 at 08:39 PM.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

Most do it to serve their country. You're argument is that because some people who are trained to shoot a gun, not to kill people, have problems is equivalent to me having problems doing what I think is right is invalid.

Some people can deal easier with death then others. My sense of justice is that if someone knocked and asked for food, then I declined, and they pulled out a gun and demanded it, I'd give it, without feeling any need to kill them. If the same person broke in to rob me without knocking or any idea why they are here, I'd shoot them.

For all of us this is theoretical, which is all we can do, unless, like we've all heard before, until we are put in the position, we don't know. But nonetheless this is an interesting discussion. Unless of course some of you have some hidden secrets.
    I completely agree, and I feel the same way.
    If my life was threatened or the life of a loved one, and I was in a situation where I had the upper hand (for instance, the gun was in my hand) then I would probably do it and feel no remorse. However, I don't know that for certain. And as you said, if the gun was pointed at my head, I would just do what the person said and hope he didn't end me.

Again, unfortunately it's all hypothetical and we're all just assuming based on our inner feeling of self profanation.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    id beat his ass,
    and only shoot him if he tried to do sumthing to my family

Thanks
    Depends. If they are unarmed it would try to make it a non lethal shot. (Legs, arms.) If they ARE armed, then they're dead. I'm pretty much desensitized to death after all the Documenting Reality videos.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Most war vet's come back ok, not awesome. But most not irreparably psychologically damaged. You can kill someone, feel remorse, and still be ok.
    Thanks for the sig Ryan

Gifts:
    Frostythesnowman
    EPK

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast