Thread: Career

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 53
  1. #16
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,982
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by iGir View Post


    You might end up changing your major in college.
    yea i know. i think it was ball / state requires your freshman year to take a bunch of intro classes to make sure that the major you want to do.
    Still love you Giggletron


  2. #17
    Polo™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Im awsome and i fuck dolphins. Shwag Shwag Shwagg
    Posts
    10,120
    Reputation
    612
    Thanks
    861
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftdude View Post


    yea i know. i think it was ball / state requires your freshman year to take a bunch of intro classes to make sure that the major you want to do.
    Its gonna suck cuz the good paying major classdes are hard as shit.

  3. #18
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,982
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by iGir View Post


    Its gonna suck cuz the good paying major classdes are hard as shit.
    if i tried i could basically have quite a few top paying jobs. but most of them just dont seem real enjoyable
    Still love you Giggletron


  4. #19
    Sid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    10,714
    Reputation
    927
    Thanks
    1,265
    Decent. I find any yearly ammounts over 50k is decent

  5. #20
    IchigoBleach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    875
    Reputation
    46
    Thanks
    66
    If it's what your heart wants, go for it.
    If there's a career I really wanted, I'd go for college as long as I need to for that career. DON'T GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS.

  6. #21
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Computer Engineer Salary in Illinois (IL) $97,000

    And my job is gonna be a lot more fun. That's avg too >>



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  7. #22
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,982
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Computer Engineer Salary in Illinois (IL) $97,000

    And my job is gonna be a lot more fun. That's avg too >>
    thought about that. i might try it dont know yet.
    Still love you Giggletron


  8. #23
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,004
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,005
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Become a hair stylist

  9. #24
    derkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Don't worry about it
    Posts
    8,292
    Reputation
    255
    Thanks
    390
    My Mood
    Cool
    i think im using the same thing you are . the job i was looking at interested me cuz i <3 money, then i saw the wages and i said this "As they gain experience, the base salary levels off and the bonuses increase. Experienced investment bankers can make between $100,000 and $500,000 a year, including bonuses. Top-level bankers at the leading firms can earn millions of dollars a year. At these higher levels, bonuses are at least one to three times the base salary. "


  10. #25
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,982
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post
    i think im using the same thing you are . the job i was looking at interested me cuz i <3 money, then i saw the wages and i said this "As they gain experience, the base salary levels off and the bonuses increase. Experienced investment bankers can make between $100,000 and $500,000 a year, including bonuses. Top-level bankers at the leading firms can earn millions of dollars a year. At these higher levels, bonuses are at least one to three times the base salary. "
    sounds pretty good but banking...what about banking
    Still love you Giggletron


  11. #26
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,876
    You should pick your career choices on what you want to do, not how much it makes. Cause if you hate what you do, it wont be worth it at all.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  12. #27
    IchigoBleach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    875
    Reputation
    46
    Thanks
    66
    In my town, it says that the expert architect would get around 90k but one of my teachers said that it can vary up to like 100-500k I think. :]

  13. #28
    DominicanZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    120
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Doh
    you know what, if you wanna be an arquitect,dont make houses, make something.... a plane or go to the NASA whateva.Building house is to usall, imagine a job , an 1000 ppl presents for it. Thats BS.










  14. #29
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,982
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    You should pick your career choices on what you want to do, not how much it makes. Cause if you hate what you do, it wont be worth it at all.
    its something i like to do went to my uncles firm and liked what he does

    Quote Originally Posted by IchigoBleach View Post
    In my town, it says that the expert architect would get around 90k but one of my teachers said that it can vary up to like 100-500k I think. :]
    yea top firm one of top architects can make like 300k lol
    Still love you Giggletron


  15. #30
    G.Andrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I HATE YUZZ
    Posts
    605
    Reputation
    37
    Thanks
    29
    My Mood
    Fine
    How about programming and GAIN HUNDRED OF DOLLARS.
    I'm on Crossfire and GFX Section. If you need some help dont doubt to PM/VM me, so i can gladly help you

    J.ND
    Jazk never dies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast