Poll: PC or console

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitekillr View Post
    It wouldn't really matter if you show them that, since they wouldn't understand it anyway.

You can get amazing deals on Newegg for the higher-end stuff too.
    SSD's aren't recommended as of this moment, because they're probably make much better ones soon.
    With some of the money you save on Newegg you can buy a 360 and connect it to your monitor

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    My only real issue with SSD is how they are only good for so long. They begin to wear down and become worse than any normal mechanical drive. But if you used them just for an OS, and moved some temp files around, in theory, it should last you a long time as a great OS-only drive.
    That's why I'm waiting a year before upgrading my computer.
    SSD's should be much better by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

With some of the money you save on Newegg you can buy a 360 and connect it to your monitor
    I have it hooked up to my TV, just because I like having both separate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by derpderp View Post
    For the 'enthusiast' comp. while I would not say that would be classed as an enthusiast build, its pretty high up there. The cheap reasonable computers that can play any game at very high or max graphics (keep in mind, consoles can only do a fraction of what PC's can do) are <$900

Thank you nitekller for that pic, as it should save me a lot of time trying to get it across to dense console kids/PC illiterate people that PC gaming is only a tiny bit more expensive than Xbox, with a ton more features.
    They play console because all they do is put a disk in the console and start playing.
    That's why on AlterIW you need an IQ of over 60 to play.

Not to mention they aren't even the cheapest prices for those parts. I can build an 'enthusiast' computer for around $1000

Also don't forget that most people on consoles have a computer anyways, so if you include that into the equation they pay more than PC purists.
    And people say computers are so expensive.

Thanks
    If you pin up the average PC gamer with an MLG Console gamer in the same server, both using their own game engines and controls (that'd be interesting to have a server playing PC + Console... anyways
    a pc gamer will win. it's just the reason being the controls and the way the games run.if you've seen Black Ops on PC, many parts of the game work way better (control-ability wise) comparing to the xbox.

The knifing for example is way better on PC as its accurate with the controls, and the PC version seems slightly different.

it varies, but usually, PC.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    If you pin up the average PC gamer with an MLG Console gamer in the same server, both using their own game engines and controls (that'd be interesting to have a server playing PC + Console... anyways
    a pc gamer will win. it's just the reason being the controls and the way the games run.if you've seen Black Ops on PC, many parts of the game work way better (control-ability wise) comparing to the xbox.

The knifing for example is way better on PC as its accurate with the controls, and the PC version seems slightly different.

This is true.
    Back in 2010, Microsoft was making a PC-Console port system for MW2 so Console players (360) could play with PC gamers.
    Once they were done with the beta version, they tested it with mediocre PC gamers and "hardcore" console gamers.
    The console gamers were beaten so badly, they cancelled production on the port.

(That story is 100% true)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Imagine a promod player versing an MLG player. Watch the raping commence.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Imagine a promod player versing an MLG player. Watch the raping commence.
    Psst... Read below.

Back in 2010, Microsoft was making a PC-Console port system for MW2 so Console players (360) could play with PC gamers.
    Once they were done with the beta version, they tested it with mediocre PC gamers and "hardcore" console gamers.
    The console gamers were beaten so badly, they cancelled production on the port.

(That story is 100% true)

Thanks
    what a dumb poll.
    (no saying this towards you @Robert)

just saying, consoles are capped at a certain amount of GPU/CPU/RAM etc. but more money is collected from console games than pc games, thus gaming companies making games MORE suited for Console rather than PC...then once thats acomplished we just get the shitty left over ported games to PC.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful

On computer, and take Black Ops for an example would be easier to control.
    Such as looking around.
    And your hands aren't too close together so there will be more

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Psst... Read below.
    For once I wish they'd release cross-platform multiplayer. I'd love to show console players whats up

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful

For once I wish they'd release cross-platform multiplayer. I'd love to show console players whats up
    Yeah, I want to beat kids on the xBox360 screaming on the mic.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by toobanooba View Post
    what a dumb poll.
    (no saying this towards you @Robert)

just saying, consoles are capped at a certain amount of GPU/CPU/RAM etc. but more money is collected from console games than pc games, thus gaming companies making games MORE suited for Console rather than PC...then once thats acomplished we just get the shitty left over ported games to PC.
    How about doing research before you say something?

Thanks
    cool story bro

PM ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW HOW TO DUAL BOOT MAC OS X AND WINDOWS

Click on the dragon plz

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    That's the story i was talking about.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast