Thread: Computer Advice

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Sorry but getting a freaking sound card for $150 is stupid.. get the HAF-X case for $150 and way better.. plus the parts you are getting are over priced

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707Jr View Post
    Sorry but getting a freaking sound card for $150 is stupid.. get the HAF-X case for $150 and way better.. plus the parts you are getting are over priced
    The 800D is a perfect case though, and imo the only one I would buy for over $150. If not that, then Ill probably just use an NZXT case.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    The 800D is a perfect case though, and imo the only one I would buy for over $150. If not that, then Ill probably just use an NZXT case.
    *cough* Me too. 800D is great. It's big, has great airflow, and it will fit EVERYTHING.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    HAF X Would fit anything too paying almost $300 for that case is just too much... trust me don't waste money your computer will be outdated in 1 year

Thanks
    HAF X Would fit anything too paying almost $300 for that case is just too much... trust me don't waste money your computer will be outdated in 1 year
    The 800D is much bigger, with much better airflow (from what ive seen) and is probably 100x better quality wise. Not to mention the amazing cable management, which is why I first fell in love with it. Sometimes you actually have to pay for quality, and the 800D has that quality.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    But still $300 for freaking case? i paid $30 for mine and i got V4 Black gaming case.

Thanks
    But still $300 for freaking case? i paid $30 for mine and i got V4 Black gaming case.
    In this case you really get what you pay for. You will definitely change your mind if you ever built a computer with one. If you happen to know someone who can do metal work, its also pretty easy to make some sick ass case mods.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by KABLE View Post
    It's going to be Windows 7 64 bit and I'm already getting dual Radeon 6950s in CrossFire. My processor is also going to be i7-2600k so I don't think I need to save money for anything else.
    2600K?
    2.6Million?
    WTF?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Troll is troll

You are spending way too much, on way too good of things.

Thanks
    Well, the fact that I haven't upgraded my computer in 10 years kind of says something about a computer being outdated in a year. Just because it's a year old doesn't mean it's obsolete.

@Roger Smith, 17-2600k is the MODEL of the CPU... not the cost.

@Minivan Man Your sentence doesn't make sense. This isn't a "troll" or what have you.
    Last edited by CABLE; 04-26-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Like iverson said, you could easily save a lot of money on that system. Why do you want dual 6950s? Why do you want a sound card? Why do you want a 1000W PSU?

As for the case, I'd recommend the Corsair 600T. It's nothing but good reviews, has an extremely well thought out cable management system, has plenty of fan options and is designed to support water cooling, very good build quality, plenty of room (I think someone managed to fit an E-ATX mobo in it, don't hold me to it though), and is a very good looking case.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    @CABLE

I say troll because i think this is fake, you are trolling us for attention

But im probably wrong, so whatever.

Point is, you are wasting WAY too much money. You could get a decent computer (single high end gpu, six core amd cpu, get 8 gigs or so of ram, you don't need to spend so much money on this)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Like iverson said, you could easily save a lot of money on that system. Why do you want dual 6950s? Why do you want a sound card? Why do you want a 1000W PSU?

As for the case, I'd recommend the Corsair 600T. It's nothing but good reviews, has an extremely well thought out cable management system, has plenty of fan options and is designed to support water cooling, very good build quality, plenty of room (I think someone managed to fit an E-ATX mobo in it, don't hold me to it though), and is a very good looking case.
    1000W for psuedo-future-proofing. Sound card because my current computer used on-board (forgot which mobo since all my shit is currently in a PODS and I'm chillin' on a laptop) and when I switched over to a sound card, albeit a cheap one, the sound quality was completely different. Maybe it's different now, but I'm going with a sound card first. Dual 6950s to put into CrossFire. It should be sufficient for quite a long time and it's only a tad more expensive than NVIDIA's GTX 580 and 590 cards and performs just as well if not better. I also might consider the Obsidian 650D. It might just be me but I love the way the Obsidian series looks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Minivan Man View Post
    @CABLE

I say troll because i think this is fake, you are trolling us for attention

But im probably wrong, so whatever.

Point is, you are wasting WAY too much money. You could get a decent computer (single high end gpu, six core amd cpu, get 8 gigs or so of ram, you don't need to spend so much money on this)
    I'd probably recommend the 2600K over the 110T if he has the money. But I agree with everything else you said.

Thanks
    AMD <3
    HD RADEON <3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast