Thread: Computer Advice

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
  1. #1
    KABLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,867
    Reputation
    192
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Pensive

    Computer Advice

    For my future computer, I'm not sure whether or not I should get 8gb or 16gb of RAM. My friends all tell me that 8gb is already overkill but, I don't know, I want a few more opinions. Don't tell me to Google it either.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

    "Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

  2. #2
    -PoisonedG-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,390
    Reputation
    614
    Thanks
    430
    My Mood
    Amazed
    8GB and put more money towards processor or graphic card

  3. #3
    Wild Bill HickCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Wild West, baby!
    Posts
    3,463
    Reputation
    19
    Thanks
    200
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    You can get 600 gigs of ram won't do you any good if your comp can't use it. A 64bit OS can only use 8 gigs effectively. A 32 bit OS can only use 4 gigs effectively.

    "I really screwed up this time."
    Jeffrey Dahmer


  4. #4
    KABLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,867
    Reputation
    192
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Pensive
    It's going to be Windows 7 64 bit and I'm already getting dual Radeon 6950s in CrossFire. My processor is also going to be i7-2600k so I don't think I need to save money for anything else.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

    "Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

  5. #5
    Obscene Backup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    143
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Bored
    you should google that shit bro

  6. #6
    Wild Bill HickCock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Wild West, baby!
    Posts
    3,463
    Reputation
    19
    Thanks
    200
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by KABLE View Post
    It's going to be Windows 7 64 bit and I'm already getting dual Radeon 6950s in CrossFire. My processor is also going to be i7-2600k so I don't think I need to save money for anything else.
    Goddamn you such a rich boy send me some money!

    "I really screwed up this time."
    Jeffrey Dahmer


  7. #7
    Solo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,133
    Reputation
    64
    Thanks
    317
    My Mood
    Cold
    Quote Originally Posted by KABLE View Post
    It's going to be Windows 7 64 bit and I'm already getting dual Radeon 6950s in CrossFire. My processor is also going to be i7-2600k so I don't think I need to save money for anything else.
    ok ok I have no idea what ur talking about but it sounds expensive. How much is tht gonna cost ya?
    Nipples

  8. #8
    KABLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,867
    Reputation
    192
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by TrapJesus View Post
    ok ok I have no idea what ur talking about but it sounds expensive. How much is tht gonna cost ya?
    Total is going to run me about $2,800. Plus I might get some new gear like a new mouse maybe but I'm not sure yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

    "Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

  9. #9
    "Time Is Money So I Went And Bought A Rolex."
    MPGH Member
    Wiz'Khalifa.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    72
    Thanks
    443
    My Mood
    Blah
    I Just Got An Alienware so , nuff said .
    WAGWARN
    Y.O.L.O
    'im back bitches.'
    #purple swag.
    Gifts.
    [][]
    []

  10. #10
    -PoisonedG-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,390
    Reputation
    614
    Thanks
    430
    My Mood
    Amazed
    save that money don't get ram.. and get a nice case powerful power supply and don't forget to get coolers

  11. #11
    CABLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    42
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707Jr View Post
    save that money don't get ram.. and get a nice case powerful power supply and don't forget to get coolers
    It's water cooled. Corsair 1,000w HX for my PSU. The case is also Corsair, Obsidian 800D.

  12. #12
    aeronyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /210/
    Posts
    11,238
    Reputation
    1211
    Thanks
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by CABLE View Post
    It's water cooled. Corsair 1,000w HX for my PSU. The case is also Corsair, Obsidian 800D.


    You should get a SSD and a 10KRPM Velociraptor with that.



    @CABLE

  13. #13
    CABLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    42
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard. View Post




    You should get a SSD and a 10KRPM Velociraptor with that.



    @CABLE
    2x 1TB HDDs in RAID 1 is good enough for me. I'm using this for gaming, not calculating endless digits of PI.

  14. #14
    aeronyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /210/
    Posts
    11,238
    Reputation
    1211
    Thanks
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by CABLE View Post
    2x 1TB HDDs in RAID 1 is good enough for me. I'm using this for gaming, not calculating endless digits of PI.
    <3

    But SSD= instaboot

    and 10KRPM = never ending file transfer speed.

    <3

  15. #15
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,876
    As for the OP, 8GB is plenty. 12 Is as high as I would ever care to go, and 16 is just a pure waste of money. Also, unless you plan on doing some pretty heavy over clocking, and have 4 or more HDD's and 2 or more GPU's, I would skip the water cooling and get a smaller PSU.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast