Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
  1. #16
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post




    hairdryers give off radiation, that heat generated radiation is not good for the electronics.
    Bitch it's not like you've never used an electronic next to a microwave.


    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post


    i seen what you did there.
    I made myself giggle on that one.

  2. #17
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,026
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,013
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post


    Bitch it's not like you've never used an electronic next to a microwave.
    bitch? are you serious?

    do you not get that wet electronics that send and receive data are sensitive? especially to heat generated radiation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  3. #18
    Drtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    540
    Posts
    3,085
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    WRONG

    should of put it in rice.
    Was about to say this..

    But nothing you can do now.

  4. #19
    Emma Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,581
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    239
    put it in a freezer, then the microwave for an hour.
    come back all new and shiny

    heard of apple support?

  5. #20
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post


    bitch? are you serious?

    do you not get that wet electronics that send and receive data are sensitive? especially to heat generated radiation.
    Nigga you gettin mad over somethin that ain't even yours. Either way, it was outside for a good minute before I brought it in.


    Quote Originally Posted by XiTiXx View Post
    put it in a freezer, then the microwave for an hour.
    come back all new and shiny

    heard of apple support?
    Doesn't that shit cost or you need to have a warantee or some shit?

  6. #21
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,026
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,013
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
    Nigga you gettin mad over somethin that ain't even yours. Either way, it was outside for a good minute before I brought it in.



    Doesn't that shit cost or you need to have a warantee or some shit?
    i ain't even mad.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  7. #22
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    The general rule of any liquid-elecronics related incident is to immediately power off the device and if possible remove battery, next step is to try to shake out/remove any standing water, then stash it in some rice for a week to two weeks. The blow drying wasn't a good idea, the evaporation that was occuring just caused water vapor to get even deeper into your electronics where it probably condensed once again once it cooled down, the idea behind the rice is that it will leach the moisture out, not evaporate it.

  8. #23
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    The general rule of any liquid-elecronics related incident is to immediately power off the device and if possible remove battery, next step is to try to shake out/remove any standing water, then stash it in some rice for a week to two weeks. The blow drying wasn't a good idea, the evaporation that was occuring just caused water vapor to get even deeper into your electronics where it probably condensed once again once it cooled down, the idea behind the rice is that it will leach the moisture out, not evaporate it.
    So there's still a chance it might make it? I turned it back off and put it back in the rice.

  9. #24
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post


    So there's still a chance it might make it? I turned it back off and put it back in the rice.
    Probably not since you've run it multiple times without properly removing the water, the damage has been done. I'm thinking you're SOL but putting it in the rice and checking two weeks down the road won't hurt you.


    Also, try cleaning your screen with some rubbing alcohol or some isopropyl, water from the toilet is usually hard water, drying of the water may have left shit on your screen, so it would be a good idea to wipe it clean with some alcohol.
    Last edited by iverson954360; 05-04-2011 at 11:50 PM.

  10. #25
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post


    Probably not since you've run it multiple times without properly removing the water, the damage has been done. I'm thinking you're SOL but putting it in the rice and checking two weeks down the road won't hurt you.


    Also, try cleaning your screen with some rubbing alcohol or some isopropyl, water from the toilet is usually hard water, drying of the water may have left shit on your screen, so it would be a good idea to wipe it clean with some alcohol.
    Dad drank it all .

  11. #26
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post


    Dad drank it all .
    Stop trying to be smart.

  12. #27
    Drtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    540
    Posts
    3,085
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post


    Probably not since you've run it multiple times without properly removing the water, the damage has been done. I'm thinking you're SOL but putting it in the rice and checking two weeks down the road won't hurt you.


    Also, try cleaning your screen with some rubbing alcohol or some isopropyl, water from the toilet is usually hard water, drying of the water may have left shit on your screen, so it would be a good idea to wipe it clean with some alcohol.
    I know your being serious but this made me

  13. #28
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post


    Stop trying to be smart.
    I'm dead serious. Any alcohol we have is his drinks, we don't have any of that alcohol for wounds or any of that.


    And what the fuck does sol mean?

  14. #29
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Shit out of luck

  15. #30
    Austin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    30,026
    Reputation
    5407
    Thanks
    8,013
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post
    Shit out of luck
    ^

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast