Thread: I think...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Jabooty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,143
    Reputation
    90
    Thanks
    138

    I think...

    tl;dr: You don't have to read this, you can continue spamming or not care for my un-needed but considerable opinion.

    Many of you (non-staff) newer members in general can be noncontributing and should shape up. This generation of new general members is large, and I know a few of you have come in from major sections (CoD, CA, CF) and take the MPGH General Culture into your caving sections discussions. Really follow the rules, don't do everything older members do because it'll either make you look stupid, or a try-hard wannabe 'old-phag' if you'd like to call it that.


    Reputation is nothing but a green bar, if you make a thread about it, your rep will only get lower
    Random Scene-Kid/Emo girl avatars are ridiculous in most cases
    Making A-B conversations that are off-topic can be easily taken to IM/VM/PM
    Saying /reported doesn't report, use the report button
    CS is not something you'd want
    If you live in the USA and English is your only language, learn the proper uses of it... I've encountered many people with English as their secondary language and they're hella better at it than ones with it as their primary language. There's a fine line between writing something understandable but improper, and writing something that makes no sense.

    Newphag/Oldphag has no definitive starting point, it's dependent on the time where you became active on MPGH
    then again: Rule #1 - Nobody is an oldphag or a newphag, you're all just members of MPGH.
    ie: Everybody is a newphag to Dave of course.
    I'm a newphag to (@Dead Bones Brook), and he's an oldphag to me....
    but, DBB's a newphag to (@iverson954360, as is practically all of us since he's the oldest, active one that's not staff anymore)
    get it? phaggotry generation depends on your point in time of consistent activity.
    (could contradict with my first paragraph about being a new wave of members)

    then again.... the Codes of Conduct is a very similar concept to this thread already


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jabooty671 For This Useful Post:

    Jailbroken671 (05-24-2011)

  3. #2
    Jailbroken671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    13 28 N, 144 47 E
    Posts
    9,021
    Reputation
    704
    Thanks
    2,055
    My Mood
    Devilish
    couldnt agree more

  4. #3
    EminemJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,251
    Reputation
    -79
    Thanks
    301
    My Mood
    Tired
    is this from when i made that rep thread?... i think rep matters because it shows how good you are.. when red rep nobody reallys respect you. but yeah still agree with you

  5. #4
    Jakob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,722
    Reputation
    237
    Thanks
    505
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Jab laying down the law once again.
    I did read it all too.

  6. #5
    Jabooty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,143
    Reputation
    90
    Thanks
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by burgessjr View Post
    is this from when i made that rep thread?... i think rep matters because it shows how good you are.. when red rep nobody reallys respect you. but yeah still agree with you
    You're not the only one that made a rep thread within the past ...forever i've been here.
    this month alone, there's been around 10+ rep threads made in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockett View Post

    I did read it all too.
    and if you did, that's definitely respectable.

  7. #6
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    666
    Posts
    12,422
    Reputation
    286
    Thanks
    1,156
    / I hate newphags who don't understand the rules.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wolf For This Useful Post:

    Jabooty671 (05-24-2011)

  9. #7
    Jabooty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,143
    Reputation
    90
    Thanks
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    / I hate newphags who don't understand the rules.
    Why newphags? I hate it when older members (mainly ones that I think are idiots) think they're an exception

  10. #8
    EminemJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,251
    Reputation
    -79
    Thanks
    301
    My Mood
    Tired
    Well older members is the reason why everybody be spamming..

  11. #9
    Jabooty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,143
    Reputation
    90
    Thanks
    138
    Quote Originally Posted by burgessjr View Post
    Well older members is the reason why everybody be spamming..
    Passing of MPGH General Culture will be inevitable to some extent.... older members aren't the only reason.

  12. #10
    Da Kurlzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    No Other Place Like Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,811
    Reputation
    306
    Thanks
    398
    My Mood
    Mellow
    propose new rule? usage of newphag/oldphag=1 day ban?
    I see what you did there.

  13. #11
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Rep bars are colourful and decorative.

  14. #12
    Dead Bones Brook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    On that seat right over there.
    Posts
    8,328
    Reputation
    858
    Thanks
    1,533
    My Mood
    Daring
    Partly agree.

  15. #13
    Jailbroken671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    13 28 N, 144 47 E
    Posts
    9,021
    Reputation
    704
    Thanks
    2,055
    My Mood
    Devilish
    does the avatar thing involve me?

  16. #14
    Da Kurlzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    No Other Place Like Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,811
    Reputation
    306
    Thanks
    398
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Jailbroken671 View Post
    does the avatar thing involve me?
    she doesnt look suicidal.
    I see what you did there.

  17. #15
    Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    666
    Posts
    12,422
    Reputation
    286
    Thanks
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabooty671 View Post


    Why newphags? I hate it when older members (mainly ones that I think are idiots) think they're an exception
    /no most older people understand the rules, they just joined in a time where they were much more relaxed and decide not to heed them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast