Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27
  1. #16
    Scorpian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Oa
    Posts
    351
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Hungover
    @deadskulz
    /offtopic
    but woah. Holy shit.


    Colored bold name
    Donator tag (will be improved in vB4)
    Future Access to private sections
    No post restrictions on name & title changes.
    No Waiting time in between name & title changes.
    Ability to change your own text title.
    Bigger Avatar allowance
    Image user title regardless of posts.
    You will be a part of a special's member group as well as helping MPGH.



  2. #17
    deadskulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    8,955
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post


    I had zero experience building my PC before that, any experience I got was from when I would change out the graphics card on my old pc, or re-apply thermal grease to the processor. Building a PC is a step by step process that you really can't fuck up.

    1. Screw the motherboard spacers into the case.
    2. Place the motherboard ontop of the spacers and then put the screws into the motherboard spacers.
    3. Place your components into the PC (everything: ram, cpu, gpu, fans, hard drive, cd drives, etc)
    4. Put your PSU in and begin to wire everything together( make sure you route your power wires through the back of the case so most of the wires run under the motherboard area to allow for proper flow of air.

    That's pretty much all it takes really, as long as you know how to do specific things like remembering to put thermal grease onto the processor and then putting the heatsink on and shit.
    how can i figure out how many watts i need to satisfy the needs of the comp parts?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpian View Post
    @deadskulz
    /offtopic
    but woah. Holy shit.
    jelly?

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to deadskulz For This Useful Post:

    Scorpian (06-07-2011)

  4. #18
    Scorpian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Oa
    Posts
    351
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    20
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by deadskulz View Post


    how can i figure out how many watts i need to satisfy the needs of the comp parts?



    jelly?
    fosho.

    .


    Colored bold name
    Donator tag (will be improved in vB4)
    Future Access to private sections
    No post restrictions on name & title changes.
    No Waiting time in between name & title changes.
    Ability to change your own text title.
    Bigger Avatar allowance
    Image user title regardless of posts.
    You will be a part of a special's member group as well as helping MPGH.



  5. #19
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by deadskulz View Post


    how can i figure out how many watts i need to satisfy the needs of the comp parts?



    jelly?
    Both Nvidia and AMD list the wattages of their products on their respective sites, along with the recommended system watts. I really wouldn't settle for anything less than 650 watts. Decent graphics cards are pretty power hungry. that plus the 125 watts or so of power that's going to be used for the processor along with energy needed for drives (cd & hard drive) and fans you're looking at needing a pretty beefy PSU which is why I personally recommend 650watt or more.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

    deadskulz (06-07-2011)

  7. #20
    Delko DJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    trolololol
    Posts
    5,173
    Reputation
    224
    Thanks
    324
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    nvidia gt 440
    An asrock motherboard
    8 gb ram
    500 wat psu
    Are enough for a mid range pc
    The hardest part of making pc are the wires of psu
    Then others are easy
    Just plug it in and thats all

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Delko DJ For This Useful Post:

    deadskulz (06-07-2011)

  9. #21

  10. #22

  11. #23
    deadskulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    8,955
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post


    You linked to a graphics card twice. Are you going to SLi? And are you using the same mobo as the one above along with processor and ram?
    oh mybad,
    whats SLi?

    and yeah, same processor, ram, hard drive, and mobo

    @iverson954360
    Last edited by deadskulz; 06-07-2011 at 04:46 PM.

  12. #24
    HexJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    114
    Reputation
    24
    Thanks
    4
    Buy me a laptop and well talk bout helping you

  13. #25
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by deadskulz View Post


    oh mybad,
    whats SLi?

    and yeah, same processor, ram, hard drive, and mobo

    @iverson954360
    SLi means you bridge two or more Nvidia cards together to increase graphics performance. You do have the option to SLi with the motherboard you chose, so if you want you can have two 460s SLi'd together and you would have a pretty banging gaming computer. But if not then the set up you have isn't that bad. Although I recommend you spend a few days or weeks on slickdeals.net finding good deals for each part you want, you might be able to get that system or a system like it for even cheaper.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

    deadskulz (06-07-2011)

  15. #26
    deadskulz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    hell.
    Posts
    8,955
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post


    SLi means you bridge two or more Nvidia cards together to increase graphics performance. You do have the option to SLi with the motherboard you chose, so if you want you can have two 460s SLi'd together and you would have a pretty banging gaming computer. But if not then the set up you have isn't that bad. Although I recommend you spend a few days or weeks on slickdeals.net finding good deals for each part you want, you might be able to get that system or a system like it for even cheaper.
    jesus fucking christ, this sites amazing,
    my dad bought his comp with everything the same as this one
    HP p6710f Desktop PC: AMD Athlon II 640 Quad-Core 3.0GHz CPU, 4GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, WiFi N, Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit $400 + Free Shipping - Staples Deals, Coupons and Promos
    cept he has 6gb ram, for $1,300.
    This ones $400 lmfao.

    And eh i dunno,
    like i said this isnt gonna be my main comp, so i dont wanna get it that good, so i dunno...
    should i SLi 2 cheaper video cards or just get 1 higher end one?

  16. #27
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by deadskulz View Post


    jesus fucking christ, this sites amazing,
    my dad bought his comp with everything the same as this one
    HP p6710f Desktop PC: AMD Athlon II 640 Quad-Core 3.0GHz CPU, 4GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, WiFi N, Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit $400 + Free Shipping - Staples Deals, Coupons and Promos
    cept he has 6gb ram, for $1,300.
    This ones $400 lmfao.

    And eh i dunno,
    like i said this isnt gonna be my main comp, so i dont wanna get it that good, so i dunno...
    should i SLi 2 cheaper video cards or just get 1 higher end one?
    There's plenty of deals for 460's on slickdeals, if you can find a good enough deal you can end up getting 2 460s that are cheaper than 1 higher end card and you'd get either the same or slightly better performance. But that's based on whether you're actually going to game very much on your pc, if not then don't bother with even the 460. But you did say you needed some decent if not good graphics performance which is why i recommended the 460.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

    deadskulz (06-07-2011)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12