Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16
    Jabuuty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21,231
    Reputation
    1468
    Thanks
    4,095
    You do which comes first since they're division and multiplication being grouped in the same line in the order of operations.
    Pretty sure you're not stupid...
    (250 / 10) = 25
    25 x 5 = 125


  2. #17
    Ferris Bueller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KFC
    Posts
    6,712
    Reputation
    409
    Thanks
    848
    My Mood
    Hot
    lol ?

    "Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.”


  3. #18
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    76
    Thanks
    1,245
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fapper View Post
    Multiplication does not come before division. Neither does addition before subtraction. You must do the equation left to right, however.
    Equation left to right. Ok, I got it.

    So if it was:

    10 + 5 ÷ 30

    We would do
    10 + 5 = 15
    and then
    15 ÷ 30 = 1/2

    Right?

  4. #19
    Wretched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☣ ☠ Ⅵ Ⅵ Ⅵ
    Posts
    3,034
    Reputation
    4
    Thanks
    179
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabuuty671 View Post
    You do which comes first since they're division and multiplication being grouped in the same line in the order of operations.
    Pretty sure you're not stupid...
    (250 / 10) = 25
    25 x 5 = 125
    Thank you.
    Took me maybe 15 seconds to figure that whole problem out...
     

  5. #20
    Jenkees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,090
    Reputation
    41
    Thanks
    108
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post


    Equation left to right. Ok, I got it.

    So if it was:

    10 + 5 ÷ 30

    We would do
    10 + 5 = 15
    and then
    15 ÷ 30 = 1/2

    Right?
    No. The Order of Operations still applies, making it 10+5/30.

  6. #21
    aeronyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /210/
    Posts
    11,238
    Reputation
    1211
    Thanks
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fapper View Post


    No. The Order of Operations still applies, making it 10+5/30.
    yep, dis man has it right

    10 + (5 / 30) = 10.1666667


  7. #22
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    76
    Thanks
    1,245
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fapper View Post


    No. The Order of Operations still applies, making it 10+5/30.
    What the fuck. Someone told me to do it left --> right.
    Why are you going backwards now?

  8. #23
    Jenkees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,090
    Reputation
    41
    Thanks
    108
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Because the left to right rule applies after the Order of Operations, which has priority. The multiplication does not have priority over division, nor addition over subtraction.

  9. #24
    Hyperion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    76
    Thanks
    1,245
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fapper View Post
    Because the left to right rule applies after the Order of Operations, which has priority. The multiplication does not have priority over division, nor addition over subtraction.
    My teacher taught me to go left --> right no matter what. She's also a woman. What can we assume?

  10. #25
    aeronyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /210/
    Posts
    11,238
    Reputation
    1211
    Thanks
    5,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post


    My teacher taught me to go left --> right no matter what. She's also a woman. What can we assume?
    That both of you are wrong.

  11. #26
    TheWayIAm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a turtles shell
    Posts
    663
    Reputation
    -47
    Thanks
    38
    My Mood
    Amused
    please excuse my dear aunt sally
    a x u i d u
    r p l v d b
    e o t i t
    n n i d r
    t e p e a
    h n l c
    e t y t
    s
    i
    s




    EDIT:nvm i failed










    pwned bitches
    Last edited by TheWayIAm; 06-21-2011 at 03:17 PM.

  12. #27
    Bum Slap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    326
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWayIAm View Post
    please excuse my dear aunt sally
    a x u i d u
    r p l v d b
    e o t i t
    n n i d r
    t e p e a
    h n l c
    e t y t
    s
    i
    s




    EDIT:nvm i failed










    pwned bitches
    lol wut?

  13. #28
    Lεon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,434
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    79
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Demøn View Post
    If you're to dumb to figure it out, you should go back a few grades /fp
    250/10 = 25.
    25x5 = 125
    /fail its
    10x5 = 50
    250/50 = 5

  14. #29
    Bum Slap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    326
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Shocked
    Quote Originally Posted by PWSREVENGE View Post
    /fail its
    10x5 = 50
    250/50 = 5
    Step back guys, we got a real genius here

  15. #30
    Lεon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:
    Posts
    1,434
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    79
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bum Slap View Post

    Step back guys, we got a real genius here
    uJelly?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast