Thanks

Small Asteroid to Whip Past Earth on June 27, 2011

Near-Earth asteroid 2011 MD will pass only 12,000 kilometers (7,500 miles) above the Earth's surface on Monday June 27 at about 9:30 EDT. The asteroid was discovered by the LINEAR near-Earth object discovery team observing from Socorro, New Mexico. This small asteroid, only 5-20 meters in diameter, is in a very Earth-like orbit about the Sun, but an orbital analysis indicates there is no chance it will actually strike Earth on Monday. If a rocky asteroid the size of 2011 MD were to enter Earth's atmosphere, it would be expected to burn up high in the atmosphere and cause no damage to Earth's surface. The accompanying diagram gives a view of the asteroid's trajectory from the general direction of the Sun. This view indicates that 2011 MD will reach its closest Earth approach point in extreme southern latitudes (in fact over the southern Atlantic Ocean). The incoming trajectory leg passes several thousand kilometers outside the geosynchronous ring of satellites and the outgoing leg passes well inside the ring. One would expect an object of this size to come this close to Earth about every 6 years on average. For a brief time, it may be bright enough to be seen even with a modest-sized telescope.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    So lots of asteroids come to earth but all of them just burn up.
    Whats so good bout this one?

Thanks
    It's going to pass by earth "harmlessly" that's if no scientific bitch pulls it into us.
    That's just a theory that it'll whip past by. never know

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    We gonna die.

Thanks
    It's only about 30ft across at max. Only about the size of a basketball would survive a fall through the atmosphere.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    This was on MSN two days ago

Thanks
    My Mood
    Worried
    Too bad it won't be able to be see with the naked eye, because I broke my telescope a long time ago

Sig By: X | MSN: X | YouTube: X | Giver of No Fucks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by _|Alessandro10|_ View Post
    Near-Earth asteroid 2011 MD will pass only 12,000 kilometers (7,500 miles) above the Earth's surface on Monday June 27 at about 9:30 EDT. The asteroid was discovered by the LINEAR near-Earth object discovery team observing from Socorro, New Mexico. This small asteroid, only 5-20 meters in diameter, is in a very Earth-like orbit about the Sun, but an orbital analysis indicates there is no chance it will actually strike Earth on Monday. If a rocky asteroid the size of 2011 MD were to enter Earth's atmosphere, it would be expected to burn up high in the atmosphere and cause no damage to Earth's surface. The accompanying diagram gives a view of the asteroid's trajectory from the general direction of the Sun. This view indicates that 2011 MD will reach its closest Earth approach point in extreme southern latitudes (in fact over the southern Atlantic Ocean). The incoming trajectory leg passes several thousand kilometers outside the geosynchronous ring of satellites and the outgoing leg passes well inside the ring. One would expect an object of this size to come this close to Earth about every 6 years on average. For a brief time, it may be bright enough to be seen even with a modest-sized telescope.

coolstorehbrah, but we will never die, like disco

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    We Will Die

Contributor Since 24-11-2011 ~ 26-12-2011
    VM / PM

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Dave will block it with his ego.

We good.

jk I love u dave
    Last edited by Lady GaGa; 06-27-2011 at 01:35 AM.
    Your signature has been removed due to excessive homosexuality.