Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Fuck you OR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    118
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5

    hyper threading. + single core

    if you don't know Wtf your talking about then GTFO.

    ok, So i was going to buy the saphhire hd 4650 But My processor is Only single core.
    and I was wondering if Hyper threading Would help out the single core, and run the Ati hd 4650 Smoothly.

    I can enable hyper threading but, on cpuz it shows as 2 threads But still only 1 core. Soo? can anybody help me out. I will much apprciate it.

    Im not really asking a question i just need someone to Talk to who knows some Stuff about this.
    Last edited by Fuck you OR; 07-02-2011 at 12:11 AM.

  2. #2
    Physcadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia <3
    Posts
    4,447
    Reputation
    323
    Thanks
    827
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Hyper threading doesn't add another core, so it showing as only one core is normal...
    I think it would be easier to upgrade to a dual core processor?

    R.I.P a great GM




    Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.

  3. #3
    Fuck you OR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    118
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post
    Hyper threading doesn't add another core, so it showing as only one core is normal...
    I think it would be easier to upgrade to a dual core processor?
    Ehh' Thats like 100 - 130 $ i aint Got.
    but still Will hyperthreading help out the Ati hd 4650?

  4. #4
    Physcadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia <3
    Posts
    4,447
    Reputation
    323
    Thanks
    827
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Don't use an ATI myself.. but it certainly won't do any harm, as long as you don't constantly overclock your CPU and overwork it... just make sure you have a good cooling system.

    R.I.P a great GM




    Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.

  5. #5
    Fuck you OR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    118
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post
    Don't use an ATI myself.. but it certainly won't do any harm, as long as you don't constantly overclock your CPU and overwork it... just make sure you have a good cooling system.
    Do you think you can help me Choose the right processor for my computer I have a pentium 4 631 Single core,

  6. #6
    Physcadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia <3
    Posts
    4,447
    Reputation
    323
    Thanks
    827
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Well I have an Intel Core 2 Duo, inexpensive and can run games (Call of Duty, Crysis 2) with no problems. How much RAM do you have?

    R.I.P a great GM




    Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.

  7. #7
    Fuck you OR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    118
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post
    Well I have an Intel Core 2 Duo, inexpensive and can run games (Call of Duty, Crysis 2) with no problems. How much RAM do you have?
    Right now 2.5 gb

    what Is a Cheap Dual core processor i can use with My desktop?

    @Physcadelic


    well.. I was thinking I have a Hp pavilon slimline s5112f and it has a dual core processor Could i take that one and Like swap them out for eachother
    Last edited by Fuck you OR; 07-02-2011 at 12:28 AM.

  8. #8
    Physcadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia <3
    Posts
    4,447
    Reputation
    323
    Thanks
    827
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck you OR View Post
    Right now 2.5 gb

    what Is a Cheap Dual core processor i can use with My desktop?
    Well I am using 4GB now, with a pretty low end graphics card and it runs all programs/high end games fine...

    Read more here: Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor: Upgrade Today

    R.I.P a great GM




    Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.

  9. #9
    Fuck you OR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    118
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Intel® Desktop Board D945GCL &mdash; Supported processors

    Thats my board.

    now im wondering if i can use the processor from my hp s5112f And swap them?

  10. #10
    Physcadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia <3
    Posts
    4,447
    Reputation
    323
    Thanks
    827
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck you OR View Post
    Intel® Desktop Board D945GCL &mdash; Supported processors

    Thats my board.

    now im wondering if i can use the processor from my hp s5112f And swap them?
    Let me PM you the email of my mate, he will tell you what to do... he knows a lot about computers.

    R.I.P a great GM




    Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.

  11. #11
    Fuck you OR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    118
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post


    Let me PM you the email of my mate, he will tell you what to do... he knows a lot about computers.
    Ok, Thanks

  12. #12
    MellowHypeAlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,788
    Reputation
    -158
    Thanks
    77
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Whats a hyper thread?
    Free Tristan <3

  13. #13
    Physcadelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia <3
    Posts
    4,447
    Reputation
    323
    Thanks
    827
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowHypeAlt View Post
    Whats a hyper thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuck you OR View Post
    if you don't know Wtf your talking about then GTFO.
    .

    R.I.P a great GM




    Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.