Thread: Brain Activity

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 81
  1. #16
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by sTaXx View Post


    I'm not gonna say you're lying, and I'm also not gonna say that what I've read is entirely creditable, but I've read plenty of different articles and what not online about how we only use 2% of our brain, and that 98% goes unused.

    As for the article, is the link not working for you?
    I'm not lying, I've taking psychology classes at my University. We do not use only 2% of our brain, that is false, we use 100% of our brain but not at the same time because there would be no situation that would call for using all the different parts of our brain simultaneously. We have separate parts of the brain that control different things, it wouldn't make sense for all of them to be active all at the same time.

  2. #17
    Less Than Three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    -- <3 me and you'll find out --
    Posts
    3,440
    Reputation
    216
    Thanks
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post


    I'm not lying, I've taking psychology classes at my University. We do not use only 2% of our brain, that is false, we use 100% of our brain but not at the same time because there would be no situation that would call for using all the different parts of our brain simultaneously. We have separate parts of the brain that control different things, it wouldn't make sense for all of them to be active all at the same time.
    Hmm. I guess personal experience from a psychology class beats reading shit online eh?


    Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

    Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

  3. #18
    Chuck Norris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Between my ears
    Posts
    1,704
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    456
    My Mood
    Angelic
    2% of your total brains.. Every part of your brain has his own function. So when thinking about the trueth, or thinking about the past.. Ur imagination is on ur left side of ur head.. And ur memorymories in/on the right side of your head..

    You can tell when someone is lying by checking which corners his eyes point.. If he looks to right(from your point of view) he is lying because he is looking at his left part of his brain.. Thats where his imagination is....

    Sorry for my sucky English.. Its 1:27 in the night.. on GMT+1..
    “Those who control the past, control the future: who controls the present controls the past” ~ George Orwell

    Its me, Dreamgun

  4. #19
    iverson954360's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,280
    Reputation
    940
    Thanks
    1,656
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    2% of your total brains.. Every part of your brain has his own function. So when thinking about the trueth, or thinking about the past.. Ur imagination is on ur left side of ur head.. And ur memorymories in/on the right side of your head..

    You can tell when someone is lying by checking which corners his eyes point.. If he looks to right(from your point of view) he is lying because he is looking at his left part of his brain.. Thats where his imagination is....

    Sorry for my sucky English.. Its 1:27 in the night.. on GMT+1..
    Thats not true dude. The left side of your brain is where all of your language comprehension occurs, it also is where you're able to understand the things you hear. The right side of your brain is where the more abstract thinking occurs, giving you your artistic abilities and such.

  5. #20
    Less Than Three's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    -- <3 me and you'll find out --
    Posts
    3,440
    Reputation
    216
    Thanks
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    2% of your total brains.. Every part of your brain has his own function. So when thinking about the trueth, or thinking about the past.. Ur imagination is on ur left side of ur head.. And ur memorymories in/on the right side of your head..

    You can tell when someone is lying by checking which corners his eyes point.. If he looks to right(from your point of view) he is lying because he is looking at his left part of his brain.. Thats where his imagination is....

    Sorry for my sucky English.. Its 1:27 in the night.. on GMT+1..
    I didn't even understand more than half of this.


    Forfeit the game, before somebody
    else takes you outta the frame.
    And puts your name to shame
    Cover up your face, you can't
    run the race the pace is too fast
    You just won't last.

    Feel free to add me to either:
    My msn: stevenn.tyler@ hotmail.com
    Skype: Acoustics- (says I'm offline, but usually am online.)

  6. #21
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,316
    Reputation
    42
    Thanks
    111
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    2% of your total brains.. Every part of your brain has his own function. So when thinking about the trueth, or thinking about the past.. Ur imagination is on ur left side of ur head.. And ur memorymories in/on the right side of your head..

    You can tell when someone is lying by checking which corners his eyes point.. If he looks to right(from your point of view) he is lying because he is looking at his left part of his brain.. Thats where his imagination is....

    Sorry for my sucky English.. Its 1:27 in the night.. on GMT+1..
    No sense, sorry.


    MSN ejjeff2@hotmail.com
    Skype Ejjeff255

  7. #22
    iSlore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,769
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    51
    My Mood
    Breezy
    wow 2% thats low 0.0

  8. #23
    `Bobs Bees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    930
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    183
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Some one has been watching the movie "limitless" too many times.

    Also did you know 97.8% of statics are made up on the spot by bullshitters?
    User CP -> Edit Signature -> Make less then one line.

  9. #24
    Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,881
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by EminemJr View Post
    use that pill from limitless .
    Best. Movie. Ever.

  10. #25
    The Productive Tnuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cuntland
    Posts
    1,195
    Reputation
    182
    Thanks
    119
    My Mood
    Amused
    Your brain/mind is a very powerful thing. No one realises this, many great people that have used their mind to a great potential can survive their whole life without food or water. And that's true, you can do basically anything with your mind.

  11. #26
    pingpongmaster2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Where do you live?
    Posts
    82
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by The productive cunt View Post
    Your brain/mind is a very powerful thing. No one realises this, many great people that have used their mind to a great potential can survive their whole life without food or water. And that's true, you can do basically anything with your mind.
    Ummm...that probably is FALSE because your BODY needs food/water, not your MIND.

  12. #27
    Ian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้
    Posts
    5,828
    Reputation
    506
    Thanks
    892
    Quote Originally Posted by EminemJr View Post
    use that pill from limitless .
    For once, I actually agree with you.

  13. #28
    Jabuuty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21,231
    Reputation
    1468
    Thanks
    4,095
    You never know the maximum of something unless it has been reached.
    It's like a mountain, you can't see what's on top without venturing to it (without the exception of cameras, helicopters, satellites, planes etc; Actual climbing, because some mountains are so high in the sky, flying is a risk.


  14. #29
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,876
    I dont know if its been pointed out or not, but the statement that "We only use 2% of our brains" has been falsified quite a few times.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  15. #30
    Tristan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MD, Canada
    Posts
    9,209
    Reputation
    19
    Thanks
    496
    My Mood
    Tired
    I use 0% of my brain.
    But i'm still functional.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Windows Vista Activator 2007
    By djtwistter01 in forum Hardware & Software Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-10-2007, 06:18 AM
  2. new sig (im really starting to be active here =D)
    By ace76543 in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 04:06 PM
  3. How Do I Activate?!?!?!?!?!?
    By -[standoff]- in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-16-2006, 07:46 AM