Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    Locke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    804
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    67
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Anyone with android knowledge?

    I just bought the Samsung Galaxy SII, which is my first android phone ever. Then I downloaded the advanced task killer app, and that makes me wonder: Every time I open the app a list of many random programs (like spotify, maps, gallery etc) appears in the list as running programs, even thought I haven't opened these apps.

    Anyone know why this happens and if it takes a lot of capacity from the battery?

    But the phone is freakin awesome.

  2. #2
    StayTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,345
    Reputation
    391
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Breezy
    How about you root it ?

    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,696
    Reputation
    3409
    Thanks
    10,669
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Apps run in the background for certain things, like notifications, etc.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  4. #4
    Terell.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    JAMAICAA
    Posts
    6,923
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    1,163
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTrue View Post
    How about you root it ?
    Root it ? What's that ?

    Warrock Minion 8-13-2011 - N/A
    A.V.A Minion since 11-1-11 - 11-12-11

  5. #5
    Lady GaGa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Gamerage
    Posts
    5,147
    Reputation
    140
    Thanks
    333
    My Mood
    Angelic
    They are always open, by default. For your convenience. Dell Streak owner, World's rarest phone.
    Your signature has been removed due to excessive homosexuality.

  6. #6
    Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Your Little Sisters Bed
    Posts
    2,778
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    101
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shunnai View Post
    Root it ? What's that ?
    The jailbreak of the andriod

  7. #7
    Terell.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    JAMAICAA
    Posts
    6,923
    Reputation
    273
    Thanks
    1,163
    My Mood
    Angry
    ^ So you have one of these phones ?

    Warrock Minion 8-13-2011 - N/A
    A.V.A Minion since 11-1-11 - 11-12-11

  8. #8
    Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Your Little Sisters Bed
    Posts
    2,778
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    101
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    I just bought the Samsung Galaxy SII, which is my first android phone ever. Then I downloaded the advanced task killer app, and that makes me wonder: Every time I open the app a list of many random programs (like spotify, maps, gallery etc) appears in the list as running programs, even thought I haven't opened these apps.

    Anyone know why this happens and if it takes a lot of capacity from the battery?

    But the phone is freakin awesome.
    Alot of programs start up in the background when you power on your phone. My suggestion to go to settins on advanced killer put kill frequincy on when screen turns off and level to the highest it can go if you have a program you dont want to kill like for example you dont want your music to turn off when yoyr screen goes to sleep theres an option i believe its called exceptions that it wont touch any app you put in there have any problem like that with an app or phone just hmu

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jon For This Useful Post:

    Locke (07-28-2011)

  10. #9
    StayTrue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,345
    Reputation
    391
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    The jailbreak of the andriod
    This would be correct, and you can overclock your phone if done correctly.

    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

  11. #10
    Locke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    804
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    67
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Alot of programs start up in the background when you power on your phone. My suggestion to go to settins on advanced killer put kill frequincy on when screen turns off and level to the highest it can go if you have a program you dont want to kill like for example you dont want your music to turn off when yoyr screen goes to sleep theres an option i believe its called exceptions that it wont touch any app you put in there have any problem like that with an app or phone just hmu
    Thanks for info. I'll try that out!

  12. #11
    Jon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Your Little Sisters Bed
    Posts
    2,778
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    101
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Thanks for info. I'll try that out!
    No problemo man

  13. #12
    Cocklin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    1501 Dowell Springs Boulevard
    Posts
    1,140
    Reputation
    22
    Thanks
    74
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady GaGa View Post
    They are always open, by default. For your convenience. Dell Streak owner, World's rarest phone.
    How is that rare? I know like 40 people that have dell streaks.
    FOREVER FAT NIGGA

  14. #13
    Jabooty671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    2,143
    Reputation
    90
    Thanks
    138
    Some of them are default android apps and services. If you need any help or recommended apps and games i'd be glad to tell you all that I use.
    Last edited by Jabooty671; 07-28-2011 at 05:28 PM.

  15. #14
    [Q]uestion[M]ark..?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Ya Moms Pussy Whole !
    Posts
    1,132
    Reputation
    -48
    Thanks
    37
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I Realy Dont Know !

  16. #15
    Nico.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Far, far away.
    Posts
    527
    Reputation
    84
    Thanks
    37
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by [Q]uestion[M]ark..? View Post
    I Realy Dont Know !
    Dont post in that case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Clarify for anyone with any questions (again)
    By luongoo in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 06:16 AM
  2. Clarify for anyone with any quetions
    By luongoo in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 01:30 PM
  3. Hacks not working anyone with answer please look at this post.
    By Dema1998 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-31-2008, 06:34 PM
  4. [TUT]Anyone with a error on CApub
    By king.joker.9 in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 12:51 PM
  5. to anyone with a facebook account
    By ace76543 in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 12:02 AM