Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    Divine Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    343
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Looks like a waste of money. You could build a better PC than that for lower price.
    Precisely! People constantly tell uneducated buyers that, but they still don't get it. Hopefully my post above yours with more exact figures will really show them and objective example of the power they're missing out on when they buy from manufacturers like iBuyPower, Alienware, Origin, Falcon NorthWest, and others. Well, pre-built computers in general.
    Last edited by Divine Nexus; 09-03-2011 at 12:11 PM.

  2. #32
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    10,064
    Reputation
    481
    Thanks
    689
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Nexus View Post
    Precisely! People constantly tell uneducated buyers that, but they still don't get it. Hopefully my post above yours with more exact figures will really show them and objective example of the power they're missing out on when they buy from manufacturers like iBuyPower, Alienware, Origin, Falcon NorthWest, and others. Well, pre-built computers in general.
    Now thats what I call a person who thinks correctly. there aint no PC like the custom built ones.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mokou-Sama For This Useful Post:

    Divine Nexus (09-03-2011)

  4. #33
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Na man, it's garbage.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Obey For This Useful Post:

    Divine Nexus (09-03-2011)

  6. #34
    Resaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SkyFall...
    Posts
    1,985
    Reputation
    97
    Thanks
    178
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Nexus View Post
    Well, here is my price comparison or the Erebus-E3 and how much the same computer costs if you build it yourself.

    Intel Core i5-2500k Processor-New at Amazon for $190

    Case 4x 120mm fans- I was lazy with this one, searched quick, but you can easily find one less than $100 with better fans. Plus, if you buy the fans yourself, that's even less at about $60

    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Motherboard New, at about $200. Not to mention this is a really good case, you can find one that does as well for your needs at less than $150.

    AMD Radeon HD 6870 Low as $160 or less from separate retailers, and eBay sellers.

    8 GB DDR3 RAM at 1600mhz$70 or less, used but in mint condition.

    1 TB SATA 6 Gb/s Hard Drive $50, $90 with Free 2-day shipping and a 5 year warranty.

    24X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive <$20 from several retailers.

    Standard 700 Watt Power SupplyA higher quality one can go for $70

    You can buy a sound card better than their crappy onboard sound for less than $20

    So, to sum it up, lets check out the prices.

    "Erebus" E3= $2,000

    Custom Built: About $840

    Now I didn't include Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit. If you buy the retail version, that's $180 so the Erebus is still approximately double the price. But, you can also buy the OEM for less than $80, and still have all of the features. Or even better, you can get a pirated copy for $0! =D

    But we also need cables to connect form the PSU and such. You can find incredibly high quality, safe, rigorously tested, and durable ones for $40 including shipping and spare extras.

    Now with the money you would have spent on an Erebus, how can you improve with that budget?

    Off the top of my head, without calculating exact prices, I can safely say you'll be able to get 2 Radeon HD 6970's in Crossfire mode, over a 24" LCD monitor, and a larger Power Supply instead. Plus you'll be able to get a top of the market mouse and keyboard combination. This means you have almost 3 times the graphical processing power from just card specs, but you also have a nice display and a keyboard/mouse combo. Plus, you should still probably have over a $100 in your pocket.


    Now tell me what's your logic from buying that.

    Anyway everyone, sorry if some things were flawed, I estimated stuff, did it quickly, but this is pretty much the result. You can build your own Erebus E3 for example, for less than half its price.
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 $121.99us

    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 $54.99us

    Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $99.99us

    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K $219.99us

    PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W Bronze W0382RU ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply $99.99us

    GPU: Sapphire 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card $174.99us

    HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $84.99us

    Blu-Ray: Samsung Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Combo Model SH-B123L LightScribe Support - OEM $59.99us

    Cooler: Corsair H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler $124.99us
    Rèsaun









    Press Thanks & Rep Me If I Helped You....

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Resaun For This Useful Post:

    Divine Nexus (09-03-2011)

  8. #35
    Divine Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    343
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Resaun View Post
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 $121.99us

    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 $54.99us

    Case: CoolerMaster HAF 922 RC-922M-KKN1-GP Black Steel + Plastic and Mesh Bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $99.99us

    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K $219.99us

    PSU: Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W Bronze W0382RU ATX 12V v2.3 / EPS 12V v2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply $99.99us

    GPU: Sapphire 100314-3L Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card $174.99us

    HD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive $84.99us

    Blu-Ray: Samsung Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Combo Model SH-B123L LightScribe Support - OEM $59.99us

    Cooler: Corsair H100 (CWCH100) Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler $124.99us

    I wrote that I estimated, but thanks for adding some exact stuff; though I found items much cheaper than your results. By the way, I don't think the Erebus E3 has Blu-Ray, which is why I didn't include a Blu-Ray drive.

    Quote Originally Posted by Incarceron View Post
    I'm getting a computer, but I don't know much about them. I'm trying to get a nice gaming computer for not such a ridiculous price. Is this a good computer? iBuyPower Erebus
    Over double the price is pretty ridiculous to me.
    Last edited by Divine Nexus; 09-03-2011 at 12:31 PM.

  9. #36
    Resaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    SkyFall...
    Posts
    1,985
    Reputation
    97
    Thanks
    178
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yea... I just went to the 2 sites I usually order my PC parts from... Newegg or TigerDirect... But if he looked around a bit he could find those parts for less...
    Rèsaun









    Press Thanks & Rep Me If I Helped You....

  10. #37
    Divine Nexus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    343
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    28
    My Mood
    Bored
    Quote Originally Posted by Resaun View Post
    Yea... I just went to the 2 sites I usually order my PC parts from... Newegg or TigerDirect... But if he looked around a bit he could find those parts for less...
    I looked at Newegg/Ebay/Amazon. Those are the places I buy parts, but I was going to buy a monitor from Directron.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Is this a good computer?
    By Obama'sSon in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-29-2009, 10:19 PM
  2. You like this pretty good.
    By Obey in forum General
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 02:08 PM
  3. Is this a good buy??
    By xtrylanx in forum General
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2007, 08:14 PM
  4. is this ne good ....
    By Gourav2122 in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-30-2007, 09:29 AM
  5. Good Computer Deal
    By arunforce in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 10:20 PM