Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ◕‿◕
    Posts
    2,843
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    269
    My Mood
    Bitchy

    More GPU questions

    Could I run this Newegg.com - PNY XLR8 VCGGTX4601XPB-OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) OC 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card on a 300w PSU?

  2. #2
    SUPREMEJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    453
    Reputation
    5
    Thanks
    48
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Doubt..

    I'd recommend a 500w+ PSU.

  3. #3
    amarshonarbangla01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    594
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    39
    @BerZerker You may be able to run it. Depends if you have enough voltage on the +12V rail. What's the exact make and model of your PSU?

  4. #4
    Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ◕‿◕
    Posts
    2,843
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    269
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla01 View Post
    @BerZerker You may be able to run it. Depends if you have enough voltage on the +12V rail. What's the exact make and model of your PSU?
    Don't know
    How can I find out?

  5. #5
    amarshonarbangla01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    594
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BerZerker View Post


    Don't know
    How can I find out?
    Is it a pre-built computer like HP or Dell? If so, what's the model of our computer? I can look it up if you could give me that info.

  6. #6
    Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ◕‿◕
    Posts
    2,843
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    269
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla01 View Post
    Was it a pre-built computer like HP or Dell? If so, what's the model of our computer? I can look it up if you could give me that info.
    HP P6310y.

  7. #7
    Roger S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    633
    Reputation
    145
    Thanks
    30
    Nope.
    That cards sucks up a lot of power.

  8. #8
    Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ◕‿◕
    Posts
    2,843
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    269
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post
    Nope.
    That cards sucks up a lot of power.
    So what's the best possible card that I could run on a 300w psu

  9. #9
    amarshonarbangla01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    594
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BerZerker View Post


    HP P6310y.
    BerZerker Nope you can't The 460 needs dual 6-pin connectors which I doubt that PSU has. And besides, these pre-built computers have absolutely shitty PSUs. So I doubt it has enough juice for the 460. But the XFX 6770 should run fine on that PSU. Very good budget GPU imo.
    Last edited by amarshonarbangla01; 08-28-2011 at 02:26 AM.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to amarshonarbangla01 For This Useful Post:

    Zed (08-28-2011)

  11. #10
    Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ◕‿◕
    Posts
    2,843
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    269
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by amarshonarbangla01 View Post
    BerZerker Nope you can't The 460 needs dual 6-pin connectors which I doubt that PSU has. And besides, these pre-built computers have absolutely shitty PSUs. So I doubt it has enough juice for the 460. But the XFX 6770 should run fine on that PSU. Very good budget GPU imo.
    Thanks. Are there any good Nvidia ones that I could use? I'm really picky about GPU's.

  12. #11
    Roger S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    633
    Reputation
    145
    Thanks
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by BerZerker View Post


    So what's the best possible card that I could run on a 300w psu
    None, if you're a gamer.

  13. #12
    Zed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ◕‿◕
    Posts
    2,843
    Reputation
    60
    Thanks
    269
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger S View Post


    None, if you're a gamer.
    Well I have a gt430 current;y. It's not BAD but I need a little more puwer

  14. #13
    Roger S's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    633
    Reputation
    145
    Thanks
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by BerZerker View Post


    Well I have a gt430 current;y. It's not BAD but I need a little more puwer
    That card doesn't take power directly from the PSU.
    Get a new PSU and card dude.

  15. #14
    amarshonarbangla01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    594
    Reputation
    28
    Thanks
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by BerZerker View Post


    Thanks. Are there any good Nvidia ones that I could use? I'm really picky about GPU's.
    I actually have to apologize for my 6770 recommendation. It will not run on that PSU. I was thinking of some other thread. Sorry for that. But this should run fine on that. And I suppose you are a nvidia fanbo? AMD makes good cards too you know.

  16. #15
    Tristan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    MD, Canada
    Posts
    9,209
    Reputation
    19
    Thanks
    496
    My Mood
    Tired
    Wait


    Could have just Edited you're thread....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. little help (more a question of "is it possible" again) [vb question]
    By supercarz1991 in forum Combat Arms Coding Help & Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 04:20 AM
  2. GPU Question...
    By donwessie in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 08:15 PM
  3. [Question] Lvl hack+more
    By <(-_-)> in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
  4. 1 more question!
    By DarkTranny in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2009, 01:47 PM