Thread: Apple products

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathScourge View Post
    it's a bit hard to continue this topic since the threadstarter got banned(though it is slightly amusing). i was interested on their output further into alienware laptops and where the conversation would further proceed.

regardless back on topic with what he mentioned earlier. it is a lot cheap to build a laptop or desktop PC, but what's with the lot of people buying a brand name PC rather than build their own? insurance, or is it that the consumer is just that damn stupid.
    Most consumers don't know enough about computers to build their own. Some are too busy, some know enough but just aren't interested, and some people just enjoy the cases and designs Dell and other OEMs use.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post

Most consumers don't know enough about computers to build their own. Some are too busy, some know enough but just aren't interested, and some people just enjoy the cases and designs Dell and other OEMs use.
    don't get me wrong, I understand what you are are saying. but it's not that hard to assemble a computer.
    plus for those that just don't care enough to build one on their own deserve what they pay for. I had a $700 Pc(got fried in a lightning storm *cries*) whiched still outshines alot pc's that are out today. it's not rocket science.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathScourge View Post
    don't get me wrong, I understand what you are are saying. but it's not that hard to assemble a computer.
    plus for those that just don't care enough to build one on their own deserve what they pay for. I had a $700 Pc(got fried in a lightning storm *cries*) whiched still outshines alot pc's that are out today. it's not rocket science.
    No, it is not rocket science, but again, some everyday person isn't going to know how to put together a computer. Also, they don't "deserve" what they paid for; they know what they paid for and are fine with it. That's why they opted to buy a prebuilt PC.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    iphone is simple and easy to use.
    I haven't really tried macs so I'm staying with pc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post

No, it is not rocket science, but again, some everyday person isn't going to know how to put together a computer. Also, they don't "deserve" what they paid for; they know what they paid for and are fine with it. That's why they opted to buy a prebuilt PC.
    Even if regular consumers don't want to build their own computers, they should at least know one or two people who know how to and can ask them to build one for them. I have built more than a few for people around where I live because I can build better computers than most retailers offer, for less than $300.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    @Corndog
    maybe I used the term "deserved" a bit too rash?
    but it falls down to the same category as "you get what you pay for".

and like Heartview said, everyone should have or know someone that has a pretty fair if not great understanding on how a computer works/operates.
    chances are 1 out of every 4 homes have a PC/Mac. If you own a pc and it gets damaged, you wiling to pay $200 to fix it, or just buy a new one?

also, for those that say just return and get a new one, that won't be the case when you just managed to get pass the return policy, then you're outright fucked in that department. which goes back to the question earlier, you willing to pay a possible $200 to fix it?
    everyone who owns a pc should have a basic understanding.
    but back on topic, it is by far cheaper to build your own pc. sure it may seem a bit time consuming, but that's what you pay for an excellent computer. unless you decide that it's easier for someone to process the work for you and charge you an assload in labor services to produce the product(brand*)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234