Poll: What do you prefer for gaming?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Xbox .
    FTP!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i have a pc3 but i am thinking of buying a gaming rig

just so i can say i have it

or a tv
    or a scooter

i am not sure
    but i like ps3 but i want a gaming rig because of the graphics and i like to game with mouse and keyboard

550 Watt power thing
    Intel Core i7-2600 3,4GHz
    normal cooling
    Asus Moederbord P8H67 (r...
    8192MB DDR3 memory...
    1000 GB SataIII Hardesch...
    DVD burner
    ATI Radeon 6870 1GB
    51-in-1 Cardreader
    1Gbit network

Totalprice: € 831,00

hmm i liky
    Last edited by lolbie; 09-15-2011 at 07:29 AM.
    I love it when people keep their agreements /sarcasm ftw

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashJr View Post
    PS3.

/nuf said kkkkk
    NOW,
    We All Agree With Him, Don't We?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Dead :( View Post

NOW,
    We All Agree With Him, Don't We?
    Nope .

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Jews everywhere.

Viibez Backup

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Nope .
    I Personally Like PS3 Cause Most Of My Friends Have It And Since I Moved I Don't See Them Anymore

Thanks
    Many gamers still use a pc bro...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xXModz View Post
    Many gamers still use a pc bro...
    The Only Reason I Have A PC Cause I Need MPGH That's All

Thanks

tl:dr get a ps3, or simply just get a PC

Basically, consoles are PC's that connect to your TV's and are stripped of many PC features.
    Seeing as that PC's would require a hardware update every 2 years to keep up with the latest games, that could be costly.
    Consoles on the other hand have been seeming to hit a wall. Usually, a new console would come out every 2-4 years. Obviously, the PS3 and the 360 , as well as the Wii and portable gaming devices from those developers are still at their constant usage. It seems that there won't be a new console for a while unless games just go straight to cell phones or stick to PC's.

I personally have lost interest in video games, and gotten into music production, video and photo editing and other GFX which makes me want to go straight for a high-end Windows with a Mac OS on the side or just a straight up Mac. Since you're going for gaming. I'd HIGHLY recommend getting a Ps3. Of course, the ps3 has had problems with security, but nobody said Microsoft won't ever have. Microsoft's not perfect. The way I see things... the 360 requires lots of money to maintain, there's the hardware failures, the subscription for playing online, there's a shitty community comprised of 12 year old kids that fuck everybody's mothers and they claim to have big dicks speaking with a girls voice, and then the many professionals that are either shit talkers or calm like many commentators (Seanaanners for example, he's nice) I loved the 360, and I wouldn't mind getting one again, but seeing as the Halo series is basically at an end, there's no reason as Battlefield and Call of Duty are on the Ps3 too. I absolutely support the Ps3 100%. You save money, you have built in accessories/features that you'd need to pay or mod for on the 360. Internet browsing, Bluetooth+USB accessories, no subscription fee, not a shitty community. Sometimes there's bad connections, but i'd rather have everything the ps3 has over the bullshit xbox has... and the 360 has more damn hackers (aimbot/chams etc; )

Ps3: Community, more features, saves money, relaxing, etc;
    360: Halo series, if you're 12, obviously your 12 year old friends would be having an xbox as well, and that's it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jabuuty671 For This Useful Post:

lolbie (09-15-2011),Mr.1337 (09-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    PC & PS3...
    Rèsaun

Press Thanks & Rep Me If I Helped You....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    @Jabuuty671

god has spoken
    I love it when people keep their agreements /sarcasm ftw

Thanks
    I like teh power of a PC but i loved my xbox
    PC/xbox furr life

My games;

x

Thanks
    Normally I avoid these conversations, but seeing as how it hasn't degraded down into a full on shit fest of kids battling what console is better, I'll drop in and give my opinion.

PC>360>PS3.

In terms of everything, PC can be better in everything. But 'll start off with your points instead.

a: Irrelevant. 10k is a lot of fucking people, and finding a good populated server will not be hard. Though BO is a bad example, seeing as how shit it is to play on the PC.

b: Hacking is seriously not an issue on the PC anywhere outside of MW2, BO, and a select few other games. Specifically F2P games, but thats because you get what you pay for. In all my years of playing CoD4 (3000+hours) I have seen maybe 5 hackers. Only 5. It wasn't until MW2 came out, and was hacked all to shit thanks to matchmaking (a console system) and a passive AC that this misconception that hacking is bad on PC got spread around. Must I remind everyone that Hacking is still entirely possible on the XBOX and PS3? If anything, they are more dangerous, because on the PC you can back up your stats easily, but on the 360, if you get into an infected lobby that messes with your stats, you are dead.

c: Another misconception. In the end, you will wind up paying close to the same for a console, and adequate peripherals (extra controllers, TV, chargers, batteries, games, etc) as you would a budget gaming rig. I am building a computer for my little brother atm, for $300 (close to the same price as I paid for my 360) and it will be more than powerful enough to play any game out there, on at least low graphics. Certainly play anything better than the consoles can. Not to mention, the PC (and now the PS3) has Steam, which offers huge deals on games.

d: Graphics are better, but do tell me how playing a game with shitty graphics on a big screen somehow makes them better? Its actually the opposite. The bigger the screen, the more jarring the shitty graphics on the consoles becomes. Trust me, I play BO on all maxed graphics on my PC, and when I go to my friends to play some zombies, the sudden drop in graphics is almost disgusting. I wasn't even looking at the graphics (I just wanted to kill zombies) but the difference was so jarring that I could not help but to notice. And his TV we were on is smaller than my current monitor. I was playing the Wii at a friends house, and she has a huge 70"+ TV in her attic we were playing on, and the graphics where almost unrecognizable. Bigger TV != less noticeably bad graphics.

And the PS3 (or any console) can only do a fraction of what a PC can. Lets not forget, that anything that ever needs to get done, gets done on a PC. Games are developed on PC's, Movies are edited on PC's, music is made on PC's, etc etc. Basic internet browsing and simple video/music listening is only a tiny fraction of what can be done on a PC.

So theoretically, PC's are better at consoles in every way. The issue is, is that PC's have been getting pretty shitty support these past few years, and that there is really no way to just invite your friends over and have a good time playing games while just playing on the PC.

As for the support, we can blame the consoles and their lies, misconceptions, and generally awful opinions on gaming. Developers are using excuses such as piracy, or difficulty to code for excusing their shitty support on PC's, when really all it is, is that Consoles make more money because everyone has one, and will blindly shovel money at them for whatever they throw out, including obscenely overpriced DLC. If developers would just release games like they should be doing, and give proper support for the PC, it would generate at least almost as much money as consoles does.

The only real downside to the PC is the second point I just mentioned. I can start up my computer and invite some friends over to play, we either all need a PC for LAN'ing, or have to deal with internet play. And one of the best ways to play vidya is in the same room with the people you are playing with. But the thing is, consoles are dropping splitscreen support (their excuse is hardware limitations, but we all know they are just mad that 4 people are playing one $60 game, rather than 4 people having to pay for that $60) so pretty much, the consoles may wind up in the same situation soon.

So, pretty much, the PC is better than consoles in every way, but because of shitty developers making games that are broken on PC (Dead Island anyone?) and only giving support for consoles, and then assaulting and insulting PC gamers because they demand to have full, working games with proper support (what a fucking concept right?! Those daft PC gamers!), the PC market becomes slightly less appealing.

So if you want to just play casually when some friends are over every now and then, buy a 360 and some fun splitscreen games. If you are interested in actually getting into games for something more than just to kill 20 or 30 minutes of time a day, consider getting a PC. A 360 will do, but the overall experience is better on the PC, even with all the shit we have to put up with from ignorant console gamers, and bad developers/publishers.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Why is Wii with other

Thanks
    pc hands down

keyboard and mouse > controller

you can multi-task, email, surf the net, watch videos while you play on the pc. just alt tab.

not to mention u can also mod games like fallout/oblivion when they are shitty as vanilla
    Last edited by A-Token; 09-15-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast