Poll: What do you prefer for gaming?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Why is Wii with other
    Its actually kinda funny, because the Wii and DS sales dwarf the combined sales of the 360 and PS3 combined.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Normally I avoid these conversations, but seeing as how it hasn't degraded down into a full on shit fest of kids battling what console is better, I'll drop in and give my opinion.

PC>360>PS3.

In terms of everything, PC can be better in everything. But 'll start off with your points instead.

a: Irrelevant. 10k is a lot of fucking people, and finding a good populated server will not be hard. Though BO is a bad example, seeing as how shit it is to play on the PC.

b: Hacking is seriously not an issue on the PC anywhere outside of MW2, BO, and a select few other games. Specifically F2P games, but thats because you get what you pay for. In all my years of playing CoD4 (3000+hours) I have seen maybe 5 hackers. Only 5. It wasn't until MW2 came out, and was hacked all to shit thanks to matchmaking (a console system) and a passive AC that this misconception that hacking is bad on PC got spread around. Must I remind everyone that Hacking is still entirely possible on the XBOX and PS3? If anything, they are more dangerous, because on the PC you can back up your stats easily, but on the 360, if you get into an infected lobby that messes with your stats, you are dead.

c: Another misconception. In the end, you will wind up paying close to the same for a console, and adequate peripherals (extra controllers, TV, chargers, batteries, games, etc) as you would a budget gaming rig. I am building a computer for my little brother atm, for $300 (close to the same price as I paid for my 360) and it will be more than powerful enough to play any game out there, on at least low graphics. Certainly play anything better than the consoles can. Not to mention, the PC (and now the PS3) has Steam, which offers huge deals on games.

d: Graphics are better, but do tell me how playing a game with shitty graphics on a big screen somehow makes them better? Its actually the opposite. The bigger the screen, the more jarring the shitty graphics on the consoles becomes. Trust me, I play BO on all maxed graphics on my PC, and when I go to my friends to play some zombies, the sudden drop in graphics is almost disgusting. I wasn't even looking at the graphics (I just wanted to kill zombies) but the difference was so jarring that I could not help but to notice. And his TV we were on is smaller than my current monitor. I was playing the Wii at a friends house, and she has a huge 70"+ TV in her attic we were playing on, and the graphics where almost unrecognizable. Bigger TV != less noticeably bad graphics.

And the PS3 (or any console) can only do a fraction of what a PC can. Lets not forget, that anything that ever needs to get done, gets done on a PC. Games are developed on PC's, Movies are edited on PC's, music is made on PC's, etc etc. Basic internet browsing and simple video/music listening is only a tiny fraction of what can be done on a PC.

So theoretically, PC's are better at consoles in every way. The issue is, is that PC's have been getting pretty shitty support these past few years, and that there is really no way to just invite your friends over and have a good time playing games while just playing on the PC.

As for the support, we can blame the consoles and their lies, misconceptions, and generally awful opinions on gaming. Developers are using excuses such as piracy, or difficulty to code for excusing their shitty support on PC's, when really all it is, is that Consoles make more money because everyone has one, and will blindly shovel money at them for whatever they throw out, including obscenely overpriced DLC. If developers would just release games like they should be doing, and give proper support for the PC, it would generate at least almost as much money as consoles does.

The only real downside to the PC is the second point I just mentioned. I can start up my computer and invite some friends over to play, we either all need a PC for LAN'ing, or have to deal with internet play. And one of the best ways to play vidya is in the same room with the people you are playing with. But the thing is, consoles are dropping splitscreen support (their excuse is hardware limitations, but we all know they are just mad that 4 people are playing one $60 game, rather than 4 people having to pay for that $60) so pretty much, the consoles may wind up in the same situation soon.

So, pretty much, the PC is better than consoles in every way, but because of shitty developers making games that are broken on PC (Dead Island anyone?) and only giving support for consoles, and then assaulting and insulting PC gamers because they demand to have full, working games with proper support (what a fucking concept right?! Those daft PC gamers!), the PC market becomes slightly less appealing.

So if you want to just play casually when some friends are over every now and then, buy a 360 and some fun splitscreen games. If you are interested in actually getting into games for something more than just to kill 20 or 30 minutes of time a day, consider getting a PC. A 360 will do, but the overall experience is better on the PC, even with all the shit we have to put up with from ignorant console gamers, and bad developers/publishers.

10k people?? The chance of finding a decent hosted server with that much people online is 1 in a hundred.

Hacking is an issue on the PC. Not just in f2play games but in paid games too. Go to youtube and type "____ hacks" and look at the results. tl;dr the rest

@Boss A gaming rig needs a cpu cooler for overclocking performance otherwise your computer would shut down and possibly malfunction when running on demand applications/games.

@Token-7 Have you been living in a cage? There are specific mouse/keyboard controllers for the ps3/xbox.

My opinion remains same. PS3>ALL

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful
    PC/PS3
    PM Me | VM Me | Rules

MARGHERITA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.1337 View Post
    10k people?? The chance of finding a decent hosted server with that much people online is 1 in a hundred.

Hacking is an issue on the PC. Not just in f2play games but in paid games too. Go to youtube and type "____ hacks" and look at the results. tl;dr the rest

A gaming rig needs a cpu cooler for overclocking performance otherwise your computer would shut down and possibly malfunction when running on demand applications/games.

-7 Have you been living in a cage? There are specific mouse/keyboard controllers for the ps3/xbox.

You clearly have not been playing that many games if you honestly think it will be any kind of challenge to find a game with 10k people.

And no, hacking is not a problem in anything else besides F2P games, and certain recent releases. In all my years of gaming, very VERY rarely do I come across a hacker at all. Believe it or not, just because someone is doing better, does not mean they are hacking. Also, CoD and F2P games != The entire market of games.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful

@Boss A gaming rig needs a cpu cooler for overclocking performance otherwise your computer would shut down and possibly malfunction when running on demand applications/games.

@Token-7 Have you been living in a cage? There are specific mouse/keyboard controllers for the ps3/xbox.

PSN DOWN KKKKKKKK

Thanks
    Jabuuty lies
    Heatview is right

PC sure it sounds expensive at the star but then again Xbox + 10 games
    PC + 10 games There more games you get the cheaper the PC becomes
    PC games are cheaper
    Everyone says there are lots of hackers on pc
    Not true, those people have played what? Combat arms and Crossfire
    Free too play games
    Sure there will be some hackers But if you look at PS3 and Xbox there is a ton of glitches being exploited
    Half of the CoD4 population has infections
    PS3 is a lot worse than xbox for hackers
    You don't even need a 50" screen
    If you can't play on a 24" monitor then you need to get your eyes checked out
    I prefer the smaller screens. The biggest I would really play xbox on would be a 32" I'd play pc on a 18-24" PC DOES have better graphics than the consoles
    MSN MPGHEd@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko. View Post
    Your logic is invalid, cuz obviously i have friends.. Look at my avatar dumb ass...

awwh you mad?

Yup no friends here....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    PS3.

/thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Every single video on youtube regardless of console requires PC editing
    PC or get the fuck out.
    xbox 360 = shit (censored as "x") box 360
    PS3 = Piece of shit v3
    PC = Professional computer
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    The problem is that we're people. People are shitty beings, you just gotta keep that in mind.
    "Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can fuck off." - Richard Dawkins
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post
    Troll nomination. Allah and Muhammad for 1400 years of bullshit.

Thanks
    Playing on 20" screens is better for consoles, just like PCs.
    Sure, games on consoles cost a lot, but it balances out with the hardware costs if you plan on maintaining your PC.
    I don't even buy video games. When I had my 360, I played Halo 2 and Halo 3 for 7 months til it broke.... Rrod
    get a pc if you know how to work it, build it, etc.
    Get a ps3 if you want it to be a family console and play games online, onowing that the community is more mature, calm and not bullshit a majority of the time.
    Get a 360 if theres a game featured on it that you love, or if your friends want it.

PC: $600-$2000 for 3 years of good running time. PC has best gameplay though, better games, more experienced gamers.
    PS3: $200-$500 total if you get things for the right prices
    Xbox: $300-$800 paying for all those microsoft points, subscriptions, buying new subscriptions if your account gets banned and youre stuck with a bad commubity as well. If your friends play it, then get a 360

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jabuuty671 For This Useful Post:

Zed (09-15-2011)

Thanks
    ^^^^^^^^^ That
    I would recommend that you go with what your friends play
    MSN MPGHEd@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by iTzSeyeko. View Post
    Your logic is invalid, cuz obviously i have friends.. Look at my avatar dumb ass...

awwh you mad?

Yup no friends here....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sick
    I prefer Xbox because all my friends play it,and I love the style of it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    This isn't console war. If you really think about it PC is useless for gaming. On a big TV graphics aren't really that noticable and I can afford a good gaming rig but then again why spend so much when a console is better at gaming on nearly every aspect.
    How is that? You cant surf the web while playing a game on xbox or ps3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Buy a console. Enough said.

ONLY thank me if I helped you in anything. I don't accept meaningless ones.
    My Respect List (too lazy to edit)
    hahaz
    [MPGH]Derail
    [MPGH]Coke
    [MPGH]swiftdude
    [MPGH]Toxin
    [MPGH]Petey Piranha
    [MPGH]Shane
    [MPGH]Dave84311

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Xbox better.
    Dont get hacked as much as psn.
    Previous Name: Woods / Opticz
    • Minecraft Minion from: September 28th, 2011 - December 8th, 2013
    • League Of Legends Minion from: October 16th, 2011 - March 30th, 2012
    • AVA Minion from: January 6th, 2012 - March 30th, 2012
    • Battlefield Minion from: February 3rd, 2013 - December 8th, 2013
    • Combat Arms Wiki Editor from: June 15, 2011 - July 4, 2011
    Proud to be a part of the first gen. MPGH Editors.

Email: realmpghwoods@gmail.com

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Console war flaming will come very soon...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast