Thread: Grammar

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 101
  1. #76
    ♚Weedthesea♚'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    777
    Reputation
    82
    Thanks
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
    I use grammar regardless of who I am talking to.
    Not what I saw

    What are you views on commas?
    Oh you Fancy huh?

  2. #77
    Chester Bennington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,653
    Reputation
    389
    Thanks
    717
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by ♚Weedthesea♚ View Post
    Not what I saw

    What are you views on commas?
    My view on commas are that they should be used properly; there is nothing I hate more than when I have to read a sentence without any commas, it is just too difficult.

    I also have a slight annoyance with people having the incapability to address a sentence with a capital letter and finish one with either a full stop, a question mark or an exclamation mark.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester Bennington For This Useful Post:

    Less Than Three (09-19-2011)

  4. #78
    ♚Weedthesea♚'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    777
    Reputation
    82
    Thanks
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
    My view on commas are that they should be used properly; there is nothing I hate more than when I have to read a sentence without any commas, it is just too difficult.

    I also have a slight annoyance with people having the incapability to address a sentence with a capital letter and finish one with either a full stop, a question mark or an exclamation mark.
    Does it annoy you when people use emotes instead of fullstops
    Oh you Fancy huh?

  5. #79
    Ne-Yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    493
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    31
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by .REZ View Post
    Good grammar is a skill that not all posess
    I posses that skill.

  6. #80
    Hexicidal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    What?
    Posts
    3,623
    Reputation
    -405
    Thanks
    6,095
    My Mood
    Busy
    Some people don't speak english so good maybe because it's not their main language

  7. #81
    Chester Bennington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,653
    Reputation
    389
    Thanks
    717
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by ♚Weedthesea♚ View Post
    Does it annoy you when people use emotes instead of fullstops
    No, the emotes do not bother me but you should personally should use full stops instead of making yourself look retarded.

    Quote Originally Posted by SH View Post
    Some people don't speak english so good maybe because it's not their main language
    Use commas or restructure your sentence so that I can better understand it.

    Also, I agree with what you're saying but it is still rather annoying.

  8. #82
    Hexicidal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    What?
    Posts
    3,623
    Reputation
    -405
    Thanks
    6,095
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulse View Post
    No, the emotes do not bother me but you should personally should use full stops instead of making yourself look retarded.



    Use commas or restructure your sentence so that I can better understand it.

    Also, I agree with what you're saying but it is still rather annoying.
    Sorry.

  9. #83
    S|W|P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,743
    Reputation
    -33
    Thanks
    91
    My Mood
    Doh
    Some people are still young and there grammar is not very good like mine

  10. #84
    Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21,039
    Reputation
    2051
    Thanks
    2,887
    My Mood
    Mellow


    My private army.
    Steam : Jesus Puncher


    "For he is all knowing, stand together and rise with him and accept the lord as your almighty wingman"
    - Genesis 4:20
    Gifts:
    ..........


  11. #85
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,777
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,077
    My Mood
    Angry
    10 years later, we decide to deal with spaaaaaaaam and grammeeeeeeeeer
    one
    Last edited by KING; 09-17-2011 at 12:45 PM.

  12. #86
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    29,868
    Reputation
    4042
    Thanks
    37,710
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    10 years later, we decide to deal with spaaaaaaaam and grammeeeeeeeeer
    one
    Problem? Cleaning up the stupidity on MPGH is something I'd love to take care of before going to VB4.





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311

    HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave84311 For This Useful Post:

    Chester Bennington (09-22-2011),Less Than Three (09-19-2011)

  14. #87
    Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a magical place
    Posts
    6,113
    Reputation
    394
    Thanks
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

    Problem? Cleaning up the stupidity on MPGH is something I'd love to take care of before going to VB4.
    I thought you were moving to VB4 like 2 months ago.

  15. #88
    KING's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    10,777
    Reputation
    702
    Thanks
    3,077
    My Mood
    Angry
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post

    Problem? Cleaning up the stupidity on MPGH is something I'd love to take care of before going to VB4.
    How are you going to police the grammar( have people report each other because" I before e except after c"). Add another job for the minion/mods to search for wrong punctuation/spelling.

    What's the average age group for this site, 12 to idk 18. Everyone is on a different reading writing level. Where not even all from the same country. sometimes I struggle to talk to Archangel sometimes. And on my answer and question thread, I couldn't understand some questions and all I kindly did was ask them to rephrase the question. Maybe they should have been banned for improper sentence flow bs.

    I can understand punishment for spam, but i think you guys are getting over yourself when it comes to grammar. Maybe DaveRunLiz is getting older/wiser/idk an cba annoyed with it anymore or maybe the everyday poster is getting dumb and ignorant.

    Lets be honest, MPGH has 4,566,769 post, do we really want to take a gander on how much it used proper grammar or wasn't spam.

    Join me when I say" Screw Grammar Nazis"

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to KING For This Useful Post:

    S|W|P (09-17-2011)

  17. #89
    S|W|P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,743
    Reputation
    -33
    Thanks
    91
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by KING View Post
    How are you going to police the grammar( have people report each other because" I before e except after c"). Add another job for the minion/mods to search for wrong punctuation/spelling.

    What's the average age group for this site, 12 to idk 18. Everyone is on a different reading writing level. Where not even all from the same country. sometimes I struggle to talk to Archangel sometimes. And on my answer and question thread, I couldn't understand some questions and all I kindly did was ask them to rephrase the question. Maybe they should have been banned for improper sentence flow bs.

    I can understand punishment for spam, but i think you guys are getting over yourself when it comes to grammar. Maybe DaveRunLiz is getting older/wiser/idk an cba annoyed with it anymore or maybe the everyday poster is getting dumb and ignorant.

    Lets be honest, MPGH has 4,566,769 post, do we really want to take a gander on how much it used proper grammar or wasn't spam.

    Join me when I say" Screw Grammar Nazis"
    I join you

  18. #90
    Wretched's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ☣ ☠ Ⅵ Ⅵ Ⅵ
    Posts
    3,034
    Reputation
    4
    Thanks
    179
    My Mood
    Daring
    English grammar > Attempt at english grammar
     

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. nexon is a grammar nazi
    By Teh_Red_Sweater in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-02-2010, 03:43 AM
  2. Help with grammar
    By -ACiD- in forum Homework & Learning Section
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 03:20 PM
  3. Nexon sucks at grammar
    By NexonPwndU in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 09:55 AM
  4. Improper grammar? FUCKK.
    By Shocking in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-10-2009, 01:07 AM
  5. Grammar.
    By August2007 in forum Flaming & Rage
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 09:52 PM