Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 72
  1. #16
    grekx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    bob snyder
    Posts
    435
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    41
    My Mood
    Dead
    yeah that card is ok but if you can do PCI-E dont go with the 8500 GT if your budget is only 100 go with the 9500 GT and dont get the 1 GB of DDR2 try to go for DDR3 period unless your using like a 23 inch or something then you might want the more memory for obvious reasons

    Newegg.com - MSI R4670-2D512 Radeon HD 4670 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

    get this card it runs much faster pretty cheap and you dont need any PCI-E connectors it draws its power right from the board

    and here is a comparison of the 2

    https://www.gpureview.com/show_cards....=514&card2=579

    as you can see this is much faster for only a little bit more

    hopes this helps

  2. #17
    blahblahblah22894's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    *puff puff pass*
    Posts
    37
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    yeah i was saying that some what...lol

    just no fancy tables and comparisons, any way i have 22" and a 18" i think hooked up so i need the RAM

    going along with the RAM, when i bought mine bestbuy didnt have the 512mb of dd3 one so...

  3. #18
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Well,
    I'll infrom you guys when I check out my MB tomorrow.

    I'M SO HOPING THAT I GOT A PCI EXPRESS X16!

  4. #19
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Geeeeez,
    I hope I'm not going to have to buy more Ram for my computer if I get this card.

    I should not have to.

  5. #20
    M2A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    HELL BITCH!
    Posts
    3,209
    Reputation
    112
    Thanks
    121
    My Mood
    Fine
    2 gb is good...3 is like kick ass

  6. #21
    grekx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    bob snyder
    Posts
    435
    Reputation
    8
    Thanks
    41
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by imsohoooood View Post
    I know.
    I'm going to take a look at my MB tomorrow,
    and match it up with these slots,
    and see which one mine matches.


    Hopefully I'm rocking a PCI express X16,
    if so,
    I'm getting the card I said before.

    Gay that I'm going to have to pay like 50$ more,
    and hopefully they got it.
    HAHA a dual core 939 thats a older CPU type now aint it and also i know i was looking at the 8500 GT and saw that they dont come in a DDR3 version but its a lower end card so i cant complain about it but if you can you need to go DDR3 even if your using a bigger monitor but if you want performance out of a big monitor like a 21 inch or up your gunna pay more for a VGA

  7. #22
    blahblahblah22894's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    *puff puff pass*
    Posts
    37
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    ok, well hope you have a pci-e x16

    personally i would go with the one that i said because it is all around better, but considering you have a money limit then you might need to go with your depends where you buy

    Quote Originally Posted by grekx View Post
    HAHA a dual core 939 thats a older CPU type now aint it and also i know i was looking at the 8500 GT and saw that they dont come in a DDR3 version but its a lower end card so i cant complain about it but if you can you need to go DDR3 even if your using a bigger monitor but if you want performance out of a big monitor like a 21 inch or up your gunna pay more for a VGA
    im running my 22" with DVI and my other moniter (dont know the size) with DVI converter to VGA
    Last edited by blahblahblah22894; 12-09-2008 at 06:12 PM.

  8. #23
    blahblahblah22894's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    *puff puff pass*
    Posts
    37
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    woops double post...morphed them

  9. #24
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    I have like a 15 inch monitor,
    that would be fine with the card that I want to get right?

  10. #25
    blahblahblah22894's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    *puff puff pass*
    Posts
    37
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    yes it would be fine, but for like $10-20 more you can get the 9500 gt and it is much better then the one your looking at

    i know it sounds like im like forcing you to buy it, but im just trying to have you buy a better card for the future because later on you are going to have to buy a new car anyway

  11. #26
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah22894 View Post
    yes it would be fine, but for like $10-20 more you can get the 9500 gt and it is much better then the one your looking at

    i know it sounds like im like forcing you to buy it, but im just trying to have you buy a better card for the future because later on you are going to have to buy a new car anyway
    I know,
    that's true.

    But I just want to go to the store and be like,
    I got a PCI express X16 and I'm looking for something around 100$,
    and then he takes me to it,
    and I buy it,
    plug it in,
    and done.

  12. #27
    blahblahblah22894's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    *puff puff pass*
    Posts
    37
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    lol...well just go to the store and look for the Graphics Cards. Then just look for the 9500 gt or w/e you want.

    most of the boxes say what they take in the corner...but if not then just read the sides. i wouldnt really trust the geek squad or w/e. I meen there smart and all but i went there and they dont even know what they are talking about most of the time. Another thing is be sure you know what your going there for or they are going to want you to buy more shit.

  13. #28
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahblah22894 View Post
    lol...well just go to the store and look for the Graphics Cards. Then just look for the 9500 gt or w/e you want.

    most of the boxes say what they take in the corner...but if not then just read the sides. i wouldnt really trust the geek squad or w/e. I meen there smart and all but i went there and they dont even know what they are talking about most of the time. Another thing is be sure you know what your going there for or they are going to want you to buy more shit.
    Haha I know right.
    And what do you mean,
    "what they take"?

  14. #29
    radnomguywfq3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    J:\E\T\A\M\A\Y.exe
    Posts
    8,858
    Reputation
    381
    Thanks
    1,813
    My Mood
    Sad
    Make sure it's compatible with your motherboard, and other components within your computer. I bought the same one and it didn't fucking fit in my mother board, that was a sad day. So I downgraded so some asus shit.



    There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

    If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?


  15. #30
    Obey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Magical Mushroom
    Posts
    24,734
    Reputation
    878
    Thanks
    3,451
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    Make sure it's compatible with your motherboard, and other components within your computer. I bought the same one and it didn't fucking fit in my mother board, that was a sad day. So I downgraded so some asus shit.
    That's why I'm going to check what kind of slot I got,
    it better fucking fit.

    I'll be furious if it doesn't.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Graphics card
    By Aoe3_CA in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 03:23 PM
  2. Graphics Card
    By Aoe3_CA in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 05:38 PM
  3. Graphics card help
    By Aoe3_CA in forum General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 01:16 PM
  4. What Kind Of Graphics Card Do You Have?
    By yacobo in forum General
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 12:39 AM
  5. "Your Graphics Card doesn't Support Pixel Shaders Or Vertex Shaders"
    By radnomguywfq3 in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-24-2007, 12:11 PM

Tags for this Thread