Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    ♪ υρ ιи тнє ѕку мєтяσ ѕтуℓιи ♪
    MPGH Member
    Sals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Awstralia
    Posts
    2,048
    Reputation
    73
    Thanks
    265
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Physics Based. Fuck all off all you others. No flame please cunts!

    This is to do with the implementation of centripetal motion in relation to a medieval trebuchet design.

    It is just a standard gravity powered trebuchet.


    Question 1:

    What would be the best way to find the initial velocity of the projectile, using simple camera etc?

    Question 2:

    Also is anyone able to explain how centripetal acceleration and angular velocity is related to the counter-weight trebuchet design?

    Question 3:

    If the velocity doesn't change due to an increase in mass, how does the projectile travel further due to an increase in counter-weight mass? It doesn't make sense because the kinetic does not change, yet the potential energy must change due to P.E = mass x gravity x height.

    Thanks in Advance.
    gєσяgє ¢αяℓιи: ѕσмє ρєσρℓє ѕєє тнє gℓαѕѕ нαℓf fυℓℓ. σтнєяѕ ѕєє ιт нαℓf ємρту. ι ѕєє α gℓαѕѕ тнαт'ѕ тωι¢є αѕ вιg αѕ ιт иєє∂ѕ тσ вє.

    Sals, your ultimate guide to trading:
    - Selling
    - Buying

  2. #2
    Implify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jigsaw's Pants
    Posts
    8,383
    Reputation
    629
    Thanks
    975
    Is this your homework?

  3. #3
    Threadstarter
    ♪ υρ ιи тнє ѕку мєтяσ ѕтуℓιи ♪
    MPGH Member
    Sals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Awstralia
    Posts
    2,048
    Reputation
    73
    Thanks
    265
    My Mood
    Mellow
    No an assignment bro.
    gєσяgє ¢αяℓιи: ѕσмє ρєσρℓє ѕєє тнє gℓαѕѕ нαℓf fυℓℓ. σтнєяѕ ѕєє ιт нαℓf ємρту. ι ѕєє α gℓαѕѕ тнαт'ѕ тωι¢є αѕ вιg αѕ ιт иєє∂ѕ тσ вє.

    Sals, your ultimate guide to trading:
    - Selling
    - Buying

  4. #4
    Implify's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jigsaw's Pants
    Posts
    8,383
    Reputation
    629
    Thanks
    975
    Quote Originally Posted by Sals View Post
    No an assignment bro.
    Oh. Well at least we know now.

  5. #5
    Threadstarter
    ♪ υρ ιи тнє ѕку мєтяσ ѕтуℓιи ♪
    MPGH Member
    Sals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Awstralia
    Posts
    2,048
    Reputation
    73
    Thanks
    265
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Assignment was to design a a medieval trebuchet, record data etc.

    And improve the design.

    This is a uni assignment so please leave spam out of it
    gєσяgє ¢αяℓιи: ѕσмє ρєσρℓє ѕєє тнє gℓαѕѕ нαℓf fυℓℓ. σтнєяѕ ѕєє ιт нαℓf ємρту. ι ѕєє α gℓαѕѕ тнαт'ѕ тωι¢є αѕ вιg αѕ ιт иєє∂ѕ тσ вє.

    Sals, your ultimate guide to trading:
    - Selling
    - Buying

  6. #6
    joblo150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    201
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Ok noob listen up. Here's how it works.

    Consider your trebuchet as 2 parts: mass, and arm (the shit that throws the projectile).
    When you drop the mass, energy from the mass you lifted will go into 2 places:
    1) it will go into the kinetic energy of the mass itself.
    2) it will go into the kinetic energy of the arm+projectile (angular velocity).

    It's not hard to figure out how much energy goes into each one unless you suck dick at math. Of course, the total energy must add up to the initial potential energy of your mass minus friction bullshit (which you can neglect because it is small).
    To figure this out, you need to look at your drawing and find the moment of inertia of your arm+projectile (which isn't hard to do unless u suck dick at math).

    easy ass problem

  7. #7
    Supreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    3,341
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    173
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Do your own homework and actually learn something.

  8. #8
    KABLE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,867
    Reputation
    192
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Having someone explain how to do a problem doesn't mean you aren't learning anything...

    Quote Originally Posted by TOXIN
    Shit, now I have to enter this chapacha shit.
    my tumblr
    How To: Not Get Banned Botting

    "Had a dream I was king. I woke up, still king."
    .................................................-Eminem

  9. #9
    Threadstarter
    ♪ υρ ιи тнє ѕку мєтяσ ѕтуℓιи ♪
    MPGH Member
    Sals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Awstralia
    Posts
    2,048
    Reputation
    73
    Thanks
    265
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Sorry bruz. But neither of thoughs were what we are looking for.

    And again @Supreme

    Fuckhead it is not homework. It is part of our final assignment for physics.

    The problem is we have kinetic energy and potential energy, the mathematics isn't the problem. It is the logic behind it.

    @joblo150
    gєσяgє ¢αяℓιи: ѕσмє ρєσρℓє ѕєє тнє gℓαѕѕ нαℓf fυℓℓ. σтнєяѕ ѕєє ιт нαℓf ємρту. ι ѕєє α gℓαѕѕ тнαт'ѕ тωι¢є αѕ вιg αѕ ιт иєє∂ѕ тσ вє.

    Sals, your ultimate guide to trading:
    - Selling
    - Buying

  10. #10
    Supreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    3,341
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    173
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sals View Post
    Sorry bruz. But neither of thoughs were what we are looking for.

    And again @Supreme

    Fuckhead it is not homework. It is part of our final assignment for physics.

    The problem is we have kinetic energy and potential energy, the mathematics isn't the problem. It is the logic behind it.

    @joblo150
    Homework= Assignment same shit

  11. #11
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by joblo150 View Post
    Ok noob listen up. Here's how it works.

    Consider your trebuchet as 2 parts: mass, and arm (the shit that throws the projectile).
    When you drop the mass, energy from the mass you lifted will go into 2 places:
    1) it will go into the kinetic energy of the mass itself.
    2) it will go into the kinetic energy of the arm+projectile (angular velocity).

    It's not hard to figure out how much energy goes into each one unless you suck dick at math. Of course, the total energy must add up to the initial potential energy of your mass minus friction bullshit (which you can neglect because it is small).
    To figure this out, you need to look at your drawing and find the moment of inertia of your arm+projectile (which isn't hard to do unless u suck dick at math).

    easy ass problem
    /swag .

  12. #12
    Threadstarter
    ♪ υρ ιи тнє ѕку мєтяσ ѕтуℓιи ♪
    MPGH Member
    Sals's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Awstralia
    Posts
    2,048
    Reputation
    73
    Thanks
    265
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme View Post


    Homework= Assignment same shit
    Well it clearly isn't

    In uni/college you don't get homework.

    So they are completely different
    @Supreme
    Last edited by Sals; 09-29-2011 at 10:47 PM.
    gєσяgє ¢αяℓιи: ѕσмє ρєσρℓє ѕєє тнє gℓαѕѕ нαℓf fυℓℓ. σтнєяѕ ѕєє ιт нαℓf ємρту. ι ѕєє α gℓαѕѕ тнαт'ѕ тωι¢є αѕ вιg αѕ ιт иєє∂ѕ тσ вє.

    Sals, your ultimate guide to trading:
    - Selling
    - Buying

  13. #13
    joblo150's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    201
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Sals View Post
    Well it clearly isn't

    In uni/college you don't get homework.

    So they are completely different
    @Supreme
    ye u do dumbfuck it's usually 1/5th of the final grade.

  14. #14
    Jailbroken671's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    13 28 N, 144 47 E
    Posts
    9,021
    Reputation
    704
    Thanks
    2,055
    My Mood
    Devilish
    doesnt your teacher teach?

Similar Threads

  1. JUST KICKED YOU ALL OFF MPGH
    By CyberGenius in forum General
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 12:35 PM
  2. Update incoming! Turn off all cheats!
    By Bizon_xD in forum Battlefield Heroes Hacks
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
  3. DO YOU WANT A CLAN? WELL RISEAGAINSTDEAD (ALL CAPS) WANTS YOU!
    By kiddieboy12 in forum Combat Arms Clan Recruitment & Advertising
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 09:29 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-25-2008, 03:05 AM
  5. ALL READ IF YOU GET THE ERROR 1
    By AgentElmo in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-11-2008, 09:08 PM