Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 82
  1. #31
    I'm not dead. But I'm not alive. I'm not living. I'm just trying to survive.
    MPGH Member
    Nyan Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,307
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I suggest talking to a psychologist.
    There are places that offer this kind of help for free,
    so don't let money stop you from doing it.
    I don't have a degree in human psych,
    So I personally couldn't steer you in the right direction.
    If you are bipolar, or battling with depression, then you pretty much have chemical imbalances in your brain,
    and a shrink might be able to suggest a medication that will help you to balance this.
    That's about all I got for ya man.

    I can relate though either way. I'm a little older than you are but I've been in the same boat for a long time.
    Unfortunately I never took my own advice, and continue to be pretty much null and void.
    Was Gonna Suggest That But I Guess I Came 3 Hours Late
    I Hope You Get Better Bro
    Feel free to donate to me.

  2. #32
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post
    @InHuman

    Quite honestly, I doubt it would be bipolar syndrome.
    My theory is it's just puberty. I'm exactly the same, extremely apathetic. I only hold conversations with a few of my friends because they are pretty much the only people I find interesting. The others are talking to me and I feel like telling them to shut the fuck and do their work. I have so many little things that I hate people doing, and I tend to start hating people so easily - finding reasons to dislike them. I'm not exactly unhappy, because I'm a pretty joyful, easy going and calm person. But I can see where you're coming from in regards to an apathetic attitude. I. Don't. Care.

    As for not wanting to hang out with friends I don't get that. I love hanging out with my friends, it's pretty much the only thing that's not boring too me. Everything else is just a giant drag. I like driving, because it's a challenge and it's fun. I don't care about the responsibility either, but it's fun too me.

    You should definitely go to a psychiatrist if you are feeling this way for a prolonged time. Take some online tests as well, Google 'bipolar test' or 'social anxiety test'. I've taken them both and returned negative, so I have deducted that I am just an apathetic person.
    i went through puberty when i was like 13
    ive had this feeling at least since freshman year, thats when i lost any real care in a lot of things

    @Skyline. the thing is though, i understand people great, im a people-person
    although it doesnt seem like it, i can read people like books
    i know exactly what people are feeling when and i know what to tell somehow to evoke what emotion
    which is why (not tryna be cocky) i used to get so many girls before i got my girlfriend
    i know what they want to hear, and i can manipulate a conversation to go a way so i can tell them more of what they want to hear

    if that makes sense?
    Last edited by InHuman; 10-13-2011 at 04:59 AM.

  3. #33
    Time's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    21,039
    Reputation
    2051
    Thanks
    2,887
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Everyone has a different way of showing their affection, maybe you haven't found a way of expressing your feelings yet? So yeah, what ethereal said is right, Visit a psychologist and it doesn't really cost a lot in most of the places [ I think ]. Well, Take care :> .


    My private army.
    Steam : Jesus Puncher


    "For he is all knowing, stand together and rise with him and accept the lord as your almighty wingman"
    - Genesis 4:20
    Gifts:
    ..........


  4. #34
    Takari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Cross Fire Section
    Posts
    11,887
    Reputation
    574
    Thanks
    1,947
    My Mood
    Cool
    Try talking with a doctor or something that I forgot what it's called .




     
    Goal:
    10,000 Posts - 10/13/2011
    Become Minion - Not Done
    Become Donator - 07/29/2011
    1000 Thanks - Done - 07/25/2011
    2000 Thanks - Not Done
    Thanks Archangel for my 1,000 Thanks.
    Thanks Keroaplt for my Signature.

  5. #35
    Jazk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,000
    Reputation
    280
    Thanks
    371
    My Mood
    Dead
    Well, about the anti-social thing you can start 'preparing' yourself with people you have some kind of confidence like your cousin. Practice a lot with him, this sounds weird but it makes you be more prepared to affront when someone tries to talk with you.

    Biplorarity isn't bad, just try to contain it in centrain moments.
    Improve and contribute to the LoL section, anything you do could save it.


    __________________________________________________ ____________





  6. #36
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazk's Alt View Post
    Well, about the anti-social thing you can start 'preparing' yourself with people you have some kind of confidence like your cousin. Practice a lot with him, this sounds weird but it makes you be more prepared to affront when someone tries to talk with you.

    Biplorarity isn't bad, just try to contain it in centrain moments.
    You've got it wrong. He's not socially awkward, he's introverted. Keeping social contact only as a facade. That is one of the key aspects Antisocial Personality Disorder.

    Bipolarity is a whole different cup of tea. As the name suggests, it's very sudden mood swings from mania to acute depression. And you can't contain it. It;s not anger management.

  7. #37
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    You've got it wrong. He's not socially awkward, he's introverted. Keeping social contact only as a facade. That is one of the key aspects Antisocial Personality Disorder. Bipolarity is a whole different cup of tea. As the name suggests, it's very sudden mood swings from mania to acute depression. And you can't contain it. It;s not anger management.
    so your conclusion is i almost certainly have Antisocial Personality Disorder?as far as the the no emotion/uncaring aspect, is that a part of the disorder? or would be considered a Sociopath with the Antisocial disorder..or am i just extremely apathetic?@phsyc i'll look into taking some tests like that and see the results, thanks for the suggestion@toobanooba idk man ive been like this for 3-4 years now so idk how long this "stage" could be

  8. #38
    Drake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Belgium,Oost-Vlaanderen
    Posts
    12,685
    Reputation
    1801
    Thanks
    4,878
    Well im kinda like you i guess . im also 16 years old , i think almost the same way as you do .

    i help people because i think its what i need to do .

    Same thing for the parents situation . sometimes i piss my mother of so badly see starts to cry , then im like "wtf ? are you serious. "
    When someone screams at me (Father , mother , someone else) im just "ok , whatever . " it won't have any effect on me , i will keep acting like i do now i will not get angry because someone else screames at me .

    If a person kills 15 people or more i couldn't care less , i dont get why other people care about those persons after all they dont know them .


    after all im more a kind of relaxed person .

    but unlike you i dont want to change . i like the way i am .
    other people are stressing because they have to get to work/go to school on time .
    i dont want a life like that . and personaly i think with my way of thinking i have more chance of being successfull in life .


    They only thing i have to care about is money . cuz i don't feel like living on the street .
    so making money will probably be the only goal in my life .
    since without it you can't do shit .

  9. #39
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Absence of emotion and self isolation could mean that you are a Psicotic individual.
    Yet this also can only be proven with several test and a cat scan to the brain.
    ( i know this because i have multiple personatly disorder... altought all my personalitys are conscient 100% of the time i have barely no control over them).
    And the cause of this can be due to highly tragical events ex:
    -mother /father dead;
    -Failed adoptions;
    -Abuse;
    -Etc....
    Last edited by Occidi de Pax; 10-13-2011 at 03:03 PM.
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  10. #40
    Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    uʍop-ǝpısdn ǝɥʇ
    Posts
    32,767
    Reputation
    4300
    Thanks
    18,904
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    You asked for my personal input, so here it is. I've felt this way before, sometimes I still do, I've battled with depression and anxiety since I was 9 years old. Therapy and medication, have helped me immensely, to live as much a normal life as I can. Mine spawned from a tragic event, something I had no control over. You may have another reason, but in all honesty, I have to agree with James, seeking help is the right step, taking responsibility for your own well being is an important part of growing up. Also it is my believe that your generation, has become more and more desensitized from human emotion, and writes it off as a weakness, or a crutch, especially in men. You can see it in their behavior, vocabulary, etc. That feeling of numbness, it sometimes goes away, sometimes, something does reach down and touch you. Yet never force yourself to 'feel' as that can lead to resentment and will burn bridges in your psyche to react naturally to life's events.

    In summary, seek help, you are not alone, many people suffer this issue, and more importantly, understand that although this is not normal, there is help and treatment.

    Be well.


    Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

    If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
     
    Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ethereal (10-13-2011)

  12. #41
    derkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Don't worry about it
    Posts
    8,292
    Reputation
    255
    Thanks
    390
    My Mood
    Cool
    I sometimes also have absolutely no emotion like you were describing. I don't personally have it as near as bad as you seem to. I just sometimes just don't care in the slightest. For me it was more the realization that no matter what I do I won't make any huge impact on the world or anything like that.

    The type of emotion you are expressing is usually caused by some sort of realization or past event that happened in your life. Once you figure out what that is, then it makes it much easier just to accept it and try to figure away to work through the problem head on.


  13. #42
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    You asked for my personal input, so here it is. I've felt this way before, sometimes I still do, I've battled with depression and anxiety since I was 9 years old. Therapy and medication, have helped me immensely, to live as much a normal life as I can. Mine spawned from a tragic event, something I had no control over. You may have another reason, but in all honesty, I have to agree with James, seeking help is the right step, taking responsibility for your own well being is an important part of growing up. Also it is my believe that your generation, has become more and more desensitized from human emotion, and writes it off as a weakness, or a crutch, especially in men. You can see it in their behavior, vocabulary, etc. That feeling of numbness, it sometimes goes away, sometimes, something does reach down and touch you. Yet never force yourself to 'feel' as that can lead to resentment and will burn bridges in your psyche to react naturally to life's events.

    In summary, seek help, you are not alone, many people suffer this issue, and more importantly, understand that although this is not normal, there is help and treatment.

    Be well.
    It seems like a lot of suggestions have to do with a "tragic event" in my life, like derkman and a couple other people have said. The only thing is I don't really know what event this could be, I have a good life. Middle-class living, i go to a private school, my parents are together, and although we fight a lot everything is good, so I can't seem to pinpoint what could have triggered this.

    Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys, I talked to my mom about it on the way home and read her almost all the suggestions, and she said she'd take me to my doctor and let him refer me to a somebody who he thinks can help

  14. #43
    derkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Don't worry about it
    Posts
    8,292
    Reputation
    255
    Thanks
    390
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by InHuman View Post


    It seems like a lot of suggestions have to do with a "tragic event" in my life, like derkman and a couple other people have said. The only thing is I don't really know what event this could be, I have a good life. Middle-class living, i go to a private school, my parents are together, and although we fight a lot everything is good, so I can't seem to pinpoint what could have triggered this.

    Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys, I talked to my mom about it on the way home and read her almost all the suggestions, and she said she'd take me to my doctor and let him refer me to a somebody who he thinks can help
    Not that I know or anything, but the bickering between you and your parents + stories of other people in the same situation may have triggered some sub-conscious thing that is making you feel the way you are. Just my guess though. A physiologist should be able to figure it out. Good luck man


  15. #44
    Pandemic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    3,595
    Reputation
    143
    Thanks
    275
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i would recommend a psychologist for you

  16. #45
    InHuman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere with alot of girls
    Posts
    10,684
    Reputation
    655
    Thanks
    1,809
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
    i would recommend a psychologist for you
    hopefully i'll be seeing one pretty soon
    @derk thanks for the support man

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. we need more emotes
    By xEnd in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 09:47 PM
  2. didn't lose my emotion things
    By ace76543 in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2008, 12:38 AM
  3. New Emotions!
    By arunforce in forum News & Announcements
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 10:42 AM
  4. MPGH VIP CONTEST - Custom Emotions
    By arunforce in forum Hack/Release News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2007, 09:23 AM
  5. MPGH Custom Emotions - VIP CONTEST
    By arunforce in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 09:21 AM