Poll: BF3 vs Mw3

Thread: BF3 vs MW3

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post
    No. Not even hypocritical. They announced a brand new game with all this new shit. MW3 announced modes. That's it.

It's battlefield numero 3 with frostbite numero 2. Derp.

You're the one getting butthurt over someone's opinion. Derp. I was only answering his inquiry, because we already DO know what it's gonna be like. CoD's extremely predictable as of right now.
    I like how you're only saying that MW3 is only new modes and BF3 is new everything, right... keep lying to yourself. If you're gonna have a opinion, don't come off as an ignorant ass.

Thanks
    @J Miliam

Problem is you've had your mind stuck on BF3>MW3, since day 1 and nothing will change it.
    Just like how I had stuck on my mind Black Ops would > MW2, and really when you look at it MW2 is better then Black Ops.

It's an unfair fight you're trying to fight. You haven't played MW3, not given it a second thought chance in your head.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaysane View Post
    @J Miliam

Problem is you've had your mind stuck on BF3>MW3, since day 1 and nothing will change it.
    Just like how I had stuck on my mind Black Ops would > MW2, and really when you look at it MW2 is better then Black Ops.

It's an unfair fight you're trying to fight. You haven't played MW3, not given it a second thought chance in your head.

Are you implying that a fanboy of any game is capable of basic reasoning and thought processing?

Also, I have an unopened copy of BF3 sitting next to me, seeing as how as soon as I heard that they where still doing that 'launch the game through battlelog' shit, I am in heavy desire to sell this piece of shit and pirate the campaign for the graphical experience. Its a completely asinine concept to launch a game like that, and there is no conceivable reason to do that except EA wants all their players limited to their programs. Hence having to install another completely useless 'content delivery system' (ie another shitty EA DRM attempt) on top of the clearly better Steam.

Also, I have the 360 version, and to play Co-Op, you have to play online. No split screen with friends, its strictly limited to two people with two separate copies of the game playing. I understand no split-screen on PC, but its is completely unacceptable to have a cooperative mode on the console, and force everyone that wants to play to buy their own copies. Especially considering the game comes on one disc for MP, and another for SP, meaning space is not an issue, or hardware limitations, its EA and DICE making greedy gameplay restrictions to force people to buy their mediocre game.

Its the small things that make me want to take both copies back to the store and get my money back. Hell the only reason I got the 360 version was to play it with my roomates. But instead, we are forced to share one controller.

As for the game itself, it's nothing more than BC2 with much better graphics, a few different weapons, and a less humorous campaign. Even though BC1 was the only battlefield game to actually have a humorous campaign. This shit about 'hurr durr updated engine' is nothing more than crap. They took the Frostbite 1 engine, and updated it for new gen, added a few (obligatory) features, and went online and started flashing people with buzzwords to get everyone hyped. So pretty much, if you played BC2, you have played BF3.

And for the record, BF is probably one of the most generic, bland, and unintuitive shooters out there. Can we please get out of this stupid 'modern combat' phase and move on to something besides this crap? At least CoD doesn't try all hard to be realistic and just accepts that its an arcade shooter.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heartview For This Useful Post:

Doc (10-26-2011),[MPGH]Ethereal (10-26-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Ofcourse battlefield 3!!

Please be aware of imposters. I do not own a Skype account and I will NEVER contact you outside of MPGH.

My MPGH History

Super User since 08-29-2017
    Global Moderator from 10-02-2016 - 08-29-2017
    Premium Seller since 11-16-2016
    Moderator from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Alliance of Valiant Arms Minion from 11-12-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market place Minion from 09-24-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Crossfire Minion from 09-11-2015 - 01-09-2016

Middleman from 07-07-2015 - 01-09-2016
    Market Place Minion from 03-03-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Middleman from 01-30-2014 - 08-01-2014
    Moderator from 03-29-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Market Place Minion from 03-07-2013 - 04-04-2013
    Premium Member since 01-25-2013
    Middleman from 12-04-2012 - 04-04-2013
    Registered since 10-9-2011

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartview View Post
    Are you implying that a fanboy of any game is capable of basic reasoning and thought processing?

Also, I have an unopened copy of BF3 sitting next to me, seeing as how as soon as I heard that they where still doing that 'launch the game through battlelog' shit, I am in heavy desire to sell this piece of shit and pirate the campaign for the graphical experience. Its a completely asinine concept to launch a game like that, and there is no conceivable reason to do that except EA wants all their players limited to their programs. Hence having to install another completely useless 'content delivery system' (ie another shitty EA DRM attempt) on top of the clearly better Steam.

Also, I have the 360 version, and to play Co-Op, you have to play online. No split screen with friends, its strictly limited to two people with two separate copies of the game playing. I understand no split-screen on PC, but its is completely unacceptable to have a cooperative mode on the console, and force everyone that wants to play to buy their own copies. Especially considering the game comes on one disc for MP, and another for SP, meaning space is not an issue, or hardware limitations, its EA and DICE making greedy gameplay restrictions to force people to buy their mediocre game.

Its the small things that make me want to take both copies back to the store and get my money back. Hell the only reason I got the 360 version was to play it with my roomates. But instead, we are forced to share one controller.

As for the game itself, it's nothing more than BC2 with much better graphics, a few different weapons, and a less humorous campaign. Even though BC1 was the only battlefield game to actually have a humorous campaign. This shit about 'hurr durr updated engine' is nothing more than crap. They took the Frostbite 1 engine, and updated it for new gen, added a few (obligatory) features, and went online and started flashing people with buzzwords to get everyone hyped. So pretty much, if you played BC2, you have played BF3.

And for the record, BF is probably one of the most generic, bland, and unintuitive shooters out there. Can we please get out of this stupid 'modern combat' phase and move on to something besides this crap? At least CoD doesn't try all hard to be realistic and just accepts that its an arcade shooter.
    My friend is playing through the campaign at the moment. He says it's down right boring compared to what they hyped it to be. The graphics are flashy but in the midst of the campaign you only takes notice during quicktime events, which he believes there are far too many of. He has yet to try out the multiplayer, but I assume that it will be amazing as that is the sole basis that everyone is purchasing it. And I've always liked BF gameplay, whilst it isn't exactly competitive, the scale alone is quite fun to be a part of.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

My friend is playing through the campaign at the moment. He says it's down right boring compared to what they hyped it to be. The graphics are flashy but in the midst of the campaign you only takes notice during quicktime events, which he believes there are far too many of. He has yet to try out the multiplayer, but I assume that it will be amazing as that is the sole basis that everyone is purchasing it. And I've always liked BF gameplay, whilst it isn't exactly competitive, the scale alone is quite fun to be a part of.
    When the campaign started and the first thing I came across was a quick time event I lost a lot of hope immediatley. And the gameplay isn't exactly bad, it just doesn't have any real value for me. Its generic and boring at best for me.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Just because it's you I actually read all of this.

Where you been ninja?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    When the campaign started and the first thing I came across was a quick time event I lost a lot of hope immediatley. And the gameplay isn't exactly bad, it just doesn't have any real value for me. Its generic and boring at best for me.

This little bit of a review explains why I'm not terribly impressed by Battlefield 3, warning though, it contains spoilers.

Battlefield 3 Campaign: 8 Ways It Copies Call Of Duty (Feature) - NowGamer

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Just because it's you I actually read all of this.

Where you been ninja?
    Been around. Usually lurking though. This topic was actually relevant to my interests though so I decided to come around.
    Texture Mods

Obedear, the sky is low

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    LAWL stop whining!!!, they are totally different!, if you want fast-paced gaming, go for MW3, if you want simulation, go for BF3 and if you want a good storyline, PLAY FUCKING BRAID

TROLL PHILOSOPHY
    An action is worth a thousand words, therefore, pressing thanks is worth saying thanks a thousand times....

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by crappy74 View Post
    LAWL stop whining!!!, they are totally different!, if you want fast-paced gaming, go for MW3, if you want simulation, go for BF3 and if you want a good storyline, PLAY FUCKING BRAID
    I wouldn't say BF3 is for simulation. The ARMA games are for simulation, not BF3. BF3 is as over the top as CoD.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by crappy74 View Post
    Lol..MW3 is slower than me pinching a turtle head after I ate a pound of cheddar.
    If you want fast paced play Quake 2 or Quake 3 arena. Drink lots of Redbull and smoke some crack.
    You'll need it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    The 30FPS on consoles definitely would not make it a simulation
    But imo From what I have seen
    I'm a big fan of the MW Campaign. I've never Played battlefield 2/3 But i've played BC2.
    BC2 was a great game The campaign was fun and The multiplayer is like no other. The only thing that really bugs me is that i'm a cod fanboy. I love my 60fps on console.
    I've played every CoD apart from #3
    The campaign in most of them is amazing and captivating and the 60fps makes the game feel so much smoother.
    The reason why I pick CoD over battlefield really comes down to the FPS and the amount of fun you can have.
    No doubt BF is fun and all but in CoD you can just do a lot more imo.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Lol..MW3 is slower than me pinching a turtle head after I ate a pound of cheddar.
    If you want fast paced play Quake 2 or Quake 3 arena. Drink lots of Redbull and smoke some crack.
    You'll need it.
    That reminded me of this. By far my favorite frag film.

Edit: Apparently the url for the video is filtered. Just look up "shaolin get quaked"

The bits at 3:15 and 5:56 shows what real skill is.
    Last edited by Doc; 10-26-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

That reminded me of this. By far my favorite frag film.

<span style="font-family: Palatino Linotype"><font color="Gray"><font size="2">

The bits at 3:15 and 5:56 shows what real skill is.
    Video is dead

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast