3 14.29%
  • All

13 61.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

Look, I'm not going to pretend to know a lot about how this system works. But minorities often have a better chance at a good education. Schools offer scholarships and programs to help the impoverished get a good education. And yet do most of these people go for it? No, a lot of people choose to live in projects on welfare, sapping off the system. My parents came into this country with absolutely nothing, not even a good understanding of English. My mom went to college when she was already carrying me. When I was few months old she developed leukemia and nearly died. When she recovered enough from chemo she went to work in an insurance company for 30k a year, until she could get her masters. Today she makes a little over 80k a year as a teacher. She had no government aid beyond 6 months of unemployment. Funny, how she was a foreigner, with nothing, and people today pass up on such opportunities.
    Take a class on public schooling in the US and you'll know exactly how badly our system of education is set up to help out minorities. Social class segregation has essentially ruined any chance for children to get good public schooling who aren't white. Even if minorities do seize the opportunity to use scholarships, they are often so far behind in terms of general education compared to their white counterparts they often end up dropping out of college. Minorities and impoverished people just aren't given a fair chance and that's a fact. I come from a family who immigrated to the US, I'm a first generation college student and it still offends me that you would go out of your way to say that black people and minorities deserve shitty treatment just because you think that they're a drain on society. You're acting like welfare is giving people tons of money. We've been cutting funding to our welfare programs since Regan was in office, welfare doesn't give you money to live, it only gives you money to survive. You have an absolutely skewed view on the issue of poverty in the US and that's only because you were afforded a comfortable life style with plenty of money to go around. Your parents had the option of choosing where to raise you, thus choosing where you went to school. A lot of people don't have that luxury.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by iverson954360 View Post

Take a class on public schooling in the US and you'll know exactly how badly our system of education is set up to help out minorities. Social class segregation has essentially ruined any chance for children to get good public schooling who aren't white. Even if minorities do seize the opportunity to use scholarships, they are often so far behind in terms of general education compared to their white counterparts they often end up dropping out of college. Minorities and impoverished people just aren't given a fair chance and that's a fact. I come from a family who immigrated to the US, I'm a first generation college student and it still offends me that you would go out of your way to say that black people and minorities deserve shitty treatment just because you think that they're a drain on society. You're acting like welfare is giving people tons of money. We've been cutting funding to our welfare programs since Regan was in office, welfare doesn't give you money to live, it only gives you money to survive. You have an absolutely skewed view on the issue of poverty in the US and that's only because you were afforded a comfortable life style with plenty of money to go around. Your parents had the option of choosing where to raise you, thus choosing where you went to school. A lot of people don't have that luxury.
    I like you NO HOMO!! Ur COOL MUAHAHAHAHA Want a cookie?!? :]
    Credits go to Invalid_Username. Thanks bro!

PotHeads hang here: https://www.mpgh.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=170

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

I'm not saying your wrong, But all the Black/Mexican kids at my school just sleep all day and don't even try whatsoever at school.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Please, don't make assumptions on the comfort of my lifestyle. You make it sound as if I clean my ass out with a golden brush every time I take a shit. And yeah, welfare doesn't allow people to live a luxurious lifestyle. That's the whole point. That money comes from tax payers. And once again, I won't pretend to know a lot about the educational system. But I know for a fact that we won't be improving it anytime soon since the economy is so fucked. In fact, where I live, the "educational system", has gone down the shitter.
    Last edited by Azathᴏth; 11-06-2011 at 06:06 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Public library mother fuckers, use it. You don't need to be taught by a person as an excuse.

FYI: If you live in America, you are basically guaranteed a "comfortable life style."

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    Public library mother fuckers, use it. You don't need to be taught by a person as an excuse.

FYI: If you live in America, you are basically guaranteed a "comfortable life style."
    ^this. The streets aren't paved with gold, but you can still can get somewhere. Which is more than I can say for other countries.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Please, don't make assumptions on the comfort of my lifestyle. You make it sound as if I clean my ass out with a golden brush every time I take a shit. And yeah, welfare doesn't allow people to live a luxurious lifestyle. That's the whole point. That money comes from tax payers. And once again, I won't pretend to know a lot about the educational system. But I know for a fact that we won't be improving it anytime soon since the economy is so fucked. In fact, where I live, the "educational system", has gone down the shitter.
    80k a year means you live in the upper middle class. You don't need to be rich to live a comfortable life style. On top of that living in the middle class allows your parents to move into areas with other middle class families. This allows the tax pool of your district to be pretty well funded. Minorities and impoverished people live in areas with a very low tax base, apartments which house a lot of people but which pay only a single property tax means the districts will have to deal with a lot of children and not much money to work with. Generational poverty means that its not the fault of the student that they attend shitty schools, its just the way it is. Differences in school funding directly correlate to test scores and student achievement. Consider yourself lucky that your parents were able to live among people of equal or greater means because that's how you got a better education compared to the minorities around you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

80k a year means you live in the upper middle class. You don't need to be rich to live a comfortable life style. On top of that living in the middle class allows your parents to move into areas with other middle class families. This allows the tax pool of your district to be pretty well funded. Minorities and impoverished people live in areas with a very low tax base, apartments which house a lot of people but which pay only a single property tax means the districts will have to deal with a lot of children and not much money to work with. Generational poverty means that its not the fault of the student that they attend shitty schools, its just the way it is. Differences in school funding directly correlate to test scores and student achievement. Consider yourself lucky that your parents were able to live among people of equal or greater means because that's how you got a better education compared to the minorities around you.
    Your not taking into account spending. I'm not talking about buying jewelry and new furniture. My mom needs to support me, my sister, and her parents.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

Your not taking into account spending. I'm not talking about buying jewelry and new furniture. My mom needs to support me, my sister, and her parents.
    You're totally missing my point of this entire argument. You can't stay shit like black people are lazy and need to take advantage of certain things when the system is set up in a way that fails them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    The word has changed so much. "Nigga" is the same thing like as in bro and other slang words. It was not like it was time ago.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

You're totally missing my point of this entire argument. You can't stay shit like black people are lazy and need to take advantage of certain things when the system is set up in a way that fails them.
    No system is perfect. This one is no exception. You want a system where everyone has an equal chance? You would have loooved Russia. Except that kind of system will inherently fail. Do you want to know why? Because man was not created equal despite what the bible says. There will always be distinct divisions in society. There will always be a lower class, a middle class, and the people on top. The best we can is make the bridges between classes more accessible. There will always be uneducated simpletons, whether by choice, upbringing, or just victims of society. That is the sad fact of human existence. If you want me to launch into an intricate argument why this is so, I will. I'm just sick and tired of repeating myself.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I clicked on the wrong one, but i meant to click on all . I wonder why a person that made a word up on a black person made it sooooo offensive.

Thanks
    I say nigga and I'm Asian.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    nigga, this topic is going bad like a new nigga in the projects
    lets move on to a new topic besides niggas in the struggle

Thanks

I'm sorry, but it is not set out to fail them. Like Cthulu my family came here with no money, most of my family member didn't even graduate highschool. They were so bent on living that we did, they didn't have the best of jobs, nor did we have the best of things but damn we tried. Every individual has chance to make it, it is not set out to fail you unless you have the determination of a half-wit idiot that doesn't care. To this day my grandma and mom still makes less than 40k a year, I'm in a great exam school and have a good chance of getting scholarships when I graduate. They didn't get welfare, they did the best they could, they tried. I got there by actually TRYING unlike those half-wit retards who sleep in schools. They definitely do not set out to fail you, everyone has a chance to make it, whether you try to grasp it is your own damn choice.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to InCognito For This Useful Post:

Nitehawk772 (11-06-2011)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast