Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad

What happens when we die?

No religious crap first of all.

There is no god as far as science has established and we understand enough of our world to know that we are merely a mass of particles; our thoughts and this illusion of "life" is just an array of electrons flowing through our brain.

We precieve the world in such a way that we cannot imagine death, or "nothing" - we can't imagine being nonexistent and void of consciousness. So how do you even begin to imagine death?

Interestingly enough, science still hasn't discovered what 'space' really is.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 11-18-2011 at 12:58 AM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    The feeling you have before you were born, yep.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Obey For This Useful Post:

ARHQA$Y$YW4AYG4y (11-19-2011),[MPGH]AVGN (11-18-2011),Diminished (11-18-2011)

Thanks
    We get cremated or we go into a coffin.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to burgesSr For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (11-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by burgesSr View Post
    We get cremated or we go into a coffin.
    Your... your... just an awesome man.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Obey For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (11-18-2011)

Thanks
    Thank you sir.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to burgesSr For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (11-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Thanks
    My Mood
    Daring
    when im at school I always get bored and think about it
    You could just /suicide and get born again imo.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Markus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (11-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Their is actually shit out there though, "Ghosts" you could say. Way too much shit has happened to say their is no such thing as ghosts. So, maybe their is an after-life. We'll never know to the day we die, which is a day I'm not looking forward to whatsoever.

I love my life <3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    we can't imagine being nonexistent
    Actually you can, I can't tell you how but it's something that we are able to do ... and when you get this imagination it gives you a feeling that you'll start to suffer and you'll be panicked because in this very moment all your senses start to feckin' realize that this will really happen, there's no way out, no escape, no rescue - to feel nonexistence is something terrible (at least for me ... I don't fear death but once felt this situation ... I fear nonexistence) that I can tell you.

But still in one way life never ends, because time is infinite and every timeline exists at every time so you are alive at every time even so you as you are now won't be able to know about it or feel it. ...

Best thing is not to think about it, it could make you go crazy ... to think about time, space, life and death is something beyond human's understanding though discussing about different point of views can be interesting.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ParkYongLee For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]AVGN (11-18-2011)

Thanks
    Worm food.

^Thanks to RJ^

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AVGN For This Useful Post:

Jack (11-19-2011),SketchyJr (11-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkYongLee View Post
    Actually you can, I can't tell you how but it's something that we are able to do ... and when you get this imagination it gives you a feeling that you'll start to suffer and you'll be panicked because in this very moment all your senses start to feckin' realize that this will really happen, there's no way out, no escape, no rescue - to feel nonexistence is something terrible (at least for me ... I don't fear death but once felt this situation ... I fear nonexistence) that I can tell you.

But still in one way life never ends, because time is infinite and every timeline exists at every time so you are alive at every time even so you as you are now won't be able to know about it or feel it. ...

Best thing is not to think about it, it could make you go crazy ... to think about time, space, life and death is something beyond human's understanding though discussing about different point of views can be interesting.
    He says you cannot "imagine" non-existence. We as humans rely on sight to create imagination. Every dream we have, every waking thought, draws inspiration from something we have seen, heard, or felt. We as human have never seen, heard, or felt our own "non-existence" therefore we cannot imagine it. We can however ponder the thought of becoming non-existent, just not the state itself.

I am quite content with dying. I am not scared of being shot, I am not scared of illness, I am not scared of dying of old age. Nor am I scared of being nothing more then "worm food", or Hell for that matter. What I am scared of though, is not experiencing happiness during my time of living.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish
    you decompose if your not religious

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post

He says you cannot "imagine" non-existence. We as humans rely on sight to create imagination. Every dream we have, every waking thought, draws inspiration from something we have seen, heard, or felt. We as human have never seen, heard, or felt our own "non-existence" therefore we cannot imagine it. We can however ponder the thought of becoming non-existent, just not the state itself.

I am quite content with dying. I am not scared of being shot, I am not scared of illness, I am not scared of dying of old age. Nor am I scared of being nothing more then "worm food", or Hell for that matter. What I am scared of though, is not experiencing happiness during my time of living.
    Precisely what I was going to say.

Anyway, I'm fine with death - I would however prefer I die in a manner that does not have me knowing or expecting it. Being shot in the head is risky as you could become a vegetable which would suck.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetamay View Post
    No religious crap first of all.

There is no god as far as science has established and we understand enough of our world to know that we are merely a mass of particles; our thoughts and this illusion of "life" is just an array of electrons flowing through our brain.

We precieve the world in such a way that we cannot imagine death, or "nothing" - we can't imagine being nonexistent and void of consciousness. So how do you even begin to imagine death?

Interestingly enough, science still hasn't discovered what 'space' really is.
    Your post just proved to me how ignorant you really are.

But to answer your question, when you die you go on the biggest drug trip of your life. All of the DMT stored in your brain that is slowly released during the REM stage of sleep is rapidly released at once, hence the reason many people see a "bright light at the end of the tunnel", they get tunnel vision from the DMT and hallucinogenic effects from it as well. Then your heart stops pumping blood to the rest of your organs, causing them to slowly die with the lack of oxygen needed for them to survive. After seven minutes all brain activity ceases.

Electrons don't "flow through our brain", they make up along with protons and neutrons, atoms. Smaller than that are possibly gravitons (some scientists believe they have already discovered these particles) and quarks. The only thing that flows through our brain is our thoughts and blood.

It's spelled perceive by the way.

And if you want to know what happens when you die, you will never know, considering on your basis of there is nothing afterwards, that would be it. You die. End of story. No life. No more existence. Your life is basically meaningless. Feel better?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    And if you want to know what happens when you die, you will never know, considering on your basis of there is nothing afterwards, that would be it. You die. End of story. No life. No more existence. Your life is basically meaningless. Feel better?[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    The question isn't just "What happens when we die?" read the first post again.

But to answer your question, when you die you go on the biggest drug trip of your life. All of the DMT stored in your brain that is slowly released during the REM stage of sleep is rapidly released at once, hence the reason many people see a "bright light at the end of the tunnel", they get tunnel vision from the DMT and hallucinogenic effects from it as well. Then your heart stops pumping blood to the rest of your organs, causing them to slowly die with the lack of oxygen needed for them to survive. After seven minutes all brain activity ceases.
    Thanks for explaining the process of dieing - but it is hardley relevant to the discussion here.

Electrons don't "flow through our brain"
    I was pretty sure neurons communicate via electrical signals.

they make up along with protons and neutrons, atoms. Smaller than that are possibly gravitons (some scientists believe they have already discovered these particles) and quarks. The only thing that flows through our brain is our thoughts and blood.
    I took physics class as well, good for you. Again not even relevant to support your argument.

But to answer your question
    And if you want to start your sentences with "but" and "and", should we really be arguing about grammar? I can use spell-check too, this is a forum not an essay.

Your post just proved to me how ignorant you really are.
    "proved"? Not even close. Your post shows me you have an incredible chip on your sholder and some seriously corrupt social issues. All that you have explained is something we learn in GR11\12 Chem\Phys and Bio, get over yourself. I could say the illiusion of life is merely an array of electrons flowing through our brain (along with blood particles - composed of covalent and ionic bonds between atoms - which consist of nuetrons and protons which consist of Derp heres an entire bio\chem lesson for you.)

Lol, really, do you think you're the only one here who has taken those classes? We all know this, we just don't go around advertising it to everyone we meet. What the hell is wrong with you? Just get out of my thread.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 11-18-2011 at 06:28 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast