Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67
  1. #16
    Heartview's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    KY Cygni
    Posts
    9,208
    Reputation
    717
    Thanks
    2,876
    What I wouldn't do for a Das Keyboard. Planning on getting one next paycheck. Cherry Browns all the way.
    Texture Mods


    Obedear, the sky is low

  2. #17
    trenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    80
    Reputation
    27
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Motherboard: M4A89GTD Pro

    Heatsink: Noctua NH-D14 /w 2x ***** Ultra Kaze 3000's

    Case: CM690 II Advanced

    Case Fans: 6x Gentle Typhoon's

    Graphics Card: 2x 5850 HD Sapphire Toxic(Pencil Mod) @ 1000/1200

    Harddrive: Seagate Barracuda 320GB(Sata) Western Digital 500GB(Sata/Porn Backups)

    CPU: Phenom II 965 @ 4.2GHZ (22x Multi, 1800CPU-NB, 1.5V)

    Memory: 4GB DDR3 1800MHZ OCZ Reaper(OCZ Reaper sounds like a badass name) timings are 9-9-9-24(Shit timings but I wanted to OC my ram)

    Keyboard: Logitech G15 Old ass keyboard still works

    Mice's: Logitech MX518(I love this mouse like I love my wife) & Razer Naga(Piece of shit ergonomics and the dpi/acceleration is a piece of shit as well. Only use this mouse for MMORPGS & RPGS)

    MousePad: Razer Goliathus

    Monitor: Piece of shit Samsung Syncmaster 2232BW 8000:1 piece of shit but it still works.

    Power Supply: 800W OCZ Fully Modular PSU(I forgot what model)

    Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-AD700's(Love these bitches)

    Microphone: Samson CO1U Studio Condensor Mic(I apprently bought a piece of shit mic according to the internet oh well)

    And what makes me better than you. I have a wife.

    LOL ^ I really do though, bitch is annoying.
    Last edited by trenth; 11-28-2011 at 07:05 PM.

  3. #18
    trenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    80
    Reputation
    27
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Earphones View Post
    How much did this even cost?
    On mine I didn't buy a monitor or HDD's or mice or headset just the tower and everything in it.

    Around 1,100-1,200 because of my casefans which run at 15$-20$ a piece. & the dual graphics cards. Great idea to buy two 5/9 series graphics cards they are future proof pretty much. I mean realisiticly unless you need to play at a super high resolution & all kind of shit you can be future-proof for like the next 2-3years with dual cards.

    Also my CPU is shit and I should of went intel with their superior OC'ing & bigger cache. I hate AMD cheap sob's.

  4. #19
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    I got bored with drawing the arrows, you'll get the point.





    Aside from being virtually the shittiest headset I have owned in terms of soundstage and sound replication, it tends to get uncomfortable too. HD800 / BD dt880 / AKG K702 all the way. Also Head Fi would rape you for saying that.



    You have decent IPS panels too that are adequate for gaming, the only reason I could fathom that would justify buying a TN panel would be a 120Hz screen for 3D gaming.



    Pointless? How is it any more pointless than Logitech or Razer? Unless you're some sort of MMO addict that needs his 50 keybinds all around the keyboard it performs as well, if not better, than mainstream gaming keyboards. From all my keyboards only Das Keyboard & Logitech's slim illuminated one have ever proved that they can endure my work and gaming as they should.



    "lol "

    A G5 or G500 match the RAT's performance and leave it well behind in terms of ergonomics. Although I've never had a RAT for longer than a couple of hours, I can safely say that if there's one thing Logitech doesn't make utterly shitty, it's some of their mice. My G5 lasted longer than any Razer, SteelSeries or any other mouse and the G500 is a great (hopefully temporary) replacement. Though Sensei was pretty awesome...
    Sucks that the logitech slim doesn't have anti-ghosting. I have to interchange between an arctosa and the slim.

  5. #20
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    This guy has to be the most computer illiterate tard of recent. I bet you just asked a guy in the shop what he thought, and you excepted what ever dribble he spat out as truth. Granted you computer is better than mine, but if I had the money my dick would be bigger than yours. You're the kind of guy that I imagine walks into a store sees all the fancy looking things on display reads the little advertising blurb and goes YEP I WANT THAT ONE.

    Not a personal attack, but the way you try and justify yourself with your purchases just makes you sound down right dumb.

    Especially lol'd at you disregarding sandforce and toting about how Intel and Samsung are super leets.

    Also like how I read your comment about the RAT, when I was reading it I imagined it being spoken by some generic voiceover from a commercial.

  6. #21
    trenth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    80
    Reputation
    27
    Thanks
    11
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    This guy has to be the most computer illiterate tard of recent. I bet you just asked a guy in the shop what he thought, and you excepted what ever dribble he spat out as truth. Granted you computer is better than mine, but if I had the money my dick would be bigger than yours. You're the kind of guy that I imagine walks into a store sees all the fancy looking things on display reads the little advertising blurb and goes YEP I WANT THAT ONE.

    Not a personal attack, but the way you try and justify yourself with your purchases just makes you sound down right dumb.

    Especially lol'd at you disregarding sandforce and toting about how Intel and Samsung are super leets.

    Also like how I read your comment about the RAT, when I was reading it I imagined it being spoken by some generic voiceover from a commercial.
    Not sticking pinecones in your pussy but,

    When it comes to computer mice it's how your hand/playstyle is so like me I hate my Razer Naga but alot of other people swear up and down by it. Same as the Rat I think it's a piece of shit but my friend has one and shuvs it in his ass at night.

    As far as his PC. Shits outdated just like mine. If anyone here DOESNT have a better PC than thats sad. That shit is like 2-3 years old...

    Forgot to mention that most users of this website are below the legal working age and most have parents/someone buy their PC parts for em.

    So it's kinda hard to have a "DECENT" pc when everyone's parents are fucking tightwads and everyone here is a kid.

    BTW if you still live with parents = kid.
    Last edited by trenth; 11-28-2011 at 07:22 PM. Reason: lulz

  7. #22
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    This guy has to be the most computer illiterate tard of recent. I bet you just asked a guy in the shop what he thought, and you excepted what ever dribble he spat out as truth. Granted you computer is better than mine, but if I had the money my dick would be bigger than yours. You're the kind of guy that I imagine walks into a store sees all the fancy looking things on display reads the little advertising blurb and goes YEP I WANT THAT ONE.

    Not a personal attack, but the way you try and justify yourself with your purchases just makes you sound down right dumb.

    Especially lol'd at you disregarding sandforce and toting about how Intel and Samsung are super leets.

    Also like how I read your comment about the RAT, when I was reading it I imagined it being spoken by some generic voiceover from a commercial.
    This made my day.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

    Doc (11-28-2011)

  9. #23
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by trenth View Post
    Not sticking pinecones in your pussy but,

    When it comes to computer mice it's how your hand/playstyle is so like me I hate my Razer Naga but alot of other people swear up and down by it. Same as the Rat I think it's a piece of shit but my friend has one and shuvs it in his ass at night.

    As far as his PC. Shits outdated just like mine. If anyone here DOESNT have a better PC than thats sad. That shit is like 2-3 years old...

    Forgot to mention that most users of this website are below the legal working age and most have parents/someone buy their PC parts for em.

    So it's kinda hard to have a "DECENT" pc when everyone's parents are fucking tightwads and everyone here is a kid.

    BTW if you still live with parents = kid.
    Yes but one doesn't have to shit out advertising hogwash when justifying the purchase of a keyboard/mouse. I like my Deathadder because it suits my hybrid grip. Not because it is a cheap 3600dpi mouse with 1000Hz polling rate. He simply said what their marketing said.

    My PC is 4 years old. It's more outdated than his. I'm also 18 does that make me a sad kid? Nope. It makes me a poor young adult. I live with my parents because in Sydney, housing costs are incredibly expensive. It would be financial suicide for me to seek external housing. So I live at home with my parents. No rent, no bills.

    I can't afford the computer I want and I refuse to compromise. I've managed to last my computer as long as it did to the point where only now it is showing it's age. It's survived power surges, choked airflow, countless overclocks and downclocks, countless bricked hard drives.

  10. #24
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Yes but one doesn't have to shit out advertising hogwash when justifying the purchase of a keyboard/mouse. I like my Deathadder because it suits my hybrid grip. Not because it is a cheap 3600dpi mouse with 1000Hz polling rate. He simply said what their marketing said.

    My PC is 4 years old. It's more outdated than his. I'm also 18 does that make me a sad kid? Nope. It makes me a poor young adult. I live with my parents because in Sydney, housing costs are incredibly expensive. It would be financial suicide for me to seek external housing. So I live at home with my parents. No rent, no bills.

    I can't afford the computer I want and I refuse to compromise. I've managed to last my computer as long as it did to the point where only now it is showing it's age. It's survived power surges, choked airflow, countless overclocks and downclocks, countless bricked hard drives.
    Fuck, your computer sounds like a T. Rex on crack. Specs please?

  11. #25
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    Fuck, your computer sounds like a T. Rex on crack. Specs please?
    lol it isn't anything special or groundbreaking, just a combination of consistently cleaning it, defrag, and not spamming it with 100 background processes. I also bought an Antec 300 and modified it for cable management (by modify I mean hammering and drilling big ass holes).

    Intel Core 2 Duo e6750 (was overclocked by friend but I don't remember the numbers, but it's since been downclocked to stock)
    2GB DDR2 Generic RAM
    Asus P5KR Motherboard
    8800GTS 512MB (Was overclocked @820/2020/2240 with reference cooling, but since downclocked to stock speeds for longevity, everynow and that I boost it up if I know I'm going to game a lot)

    As you can see nothing special.

    Soon, by Christmas hopefully, I will have a best of a machine that will give Alen and others a run for their money

    Also going to build another computer for a friend.

  12. #26
    bobowardere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    49
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    This guy has to be the most computer illiterate tard of recent. I bet you just asked a guy in the shop what he thought, and you excepted what ever dribble he spat out as truth. Granted you computer is better than mine, but if I had the money my dick would be bigger than yours. You're the kind of guy that I imagine walks into a store sees all the fancy looking things on display reads the little advertising blurb and goes YEP I WANT THAT ONE.

    Not a personal attack, but the way you try and justify yourself with your purchases just makes you sound down right dumb.

    Especially lol'd at you disregarding sandforce and toting about how Intel and Samsung are super leets.

    Also like how I read your comment about the RAT, when I was reading it I imagined it being spoken by some generic voiceover from a commercial.
    Ok? First off I could not not really understand sentences 2-3... Next, what exactly makes me computer "illiterate?" I don't go to the shop to buy my parts, I have been building PCs long enough to know that all the major parts are cheaper online. I only go to a shop if there is something small I need (for example: thermal paste). Also I really don't have anything "fancy" on my computer, actually I have the opposite, my computer is pretty bland looking with a all black Full Tower case without any lightsdows. Anyone who saw my computer for the first time would assume its a powerful workstation of some sort. And regarding your Sandforce comment, I agree performance wise they beat the Intel and Samsung but when you compare Performance and reliability anyone with the slightest knowledge of SSD's will tell you that Intel and Samsung have by far the greatest reliability (Well as far as SSDs go lol). SSD's are fairly new and die a lot, so I always back up my data and make sure I buy a brand that can last as long as possible. And regarding your RAT comment, RAT lasts long and feels great, and if you don't like the weight or feel you can change it, not any other mouses can do that. So no I didn't buy it mainly for its performance, I bought it because, in my opinon it is the most comfortable mouse I have used, if you like another mouse...well that's great for you.


    Edit: Also this computer is about 2-3 years old, and back in its time it was the best build for UNDER 1k, it took months of shopping to get all these pieces so I don't "just walk into a shop and by what ever the fuck the clerk tells me". Try to make a build equal or better than this, EVERYTHING I listed included for under 1k, and if you somehow manage to find a build like that for under 1k just imagine the prices 3 years back. ( Not including the RAT and the SSD)

    Edit 2: Also I am not trying to say this is the best build (Because I know it isn't) I am just inviting anyone who has a better build to post their specs..
    Last edited by bobowardere; 11-28-2011 at 10:12 PM.

  13. #27
    EminemJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,251
    Reputation
    -79
    Thanks
    301
    My Mood
    Tired
    Mac... that says it all.. Lmfao you mad?

  14. #28
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobowardere View Post


    Ok? First off I could not not really understand sentences 2-3... Next, what exactly makes me computer "illiterate?" I don't go to the shop to buy my parts, I have been building PCs long enough to know that all the major parts are cheaper online. I only go to a shop if there is something small I need (for example: thermal paste). Also I really don't have anything "fancy" on my computer, actually I have the opposite, my computer is pretty bland looking with a all black Full Tower case without any lightsdows. Anyone who saw my computer for the first time would assume its a powerful workstation of some sort. And regarding your Sandforce comment, I agree performance wise they beat the Intel and Samsung but when you compare Performance and reliability anyone with the slightest knowledge of SSD's will tell you that Intel and Samsung have by far the greatest reliability (Well as far as SSDs go lol). SSD's are fairly new and die a lot, so I always back up my data and make sure I buy a brand that can last as long as possible. And regarding your RAT comment, RAT lasts long and feels great, and if you don't like the weight or feel you can change it, not any other mouses can do that. So no I didn't buy it mainly for its performance, I bought it because, in my opinon it is the most comfortable mouse I have used, if you like another mouse...well that's great for you.


    Edit: Also this computer is about 2-3 years old, and back in its time it was the best build for UNDER 1k, it took months of shopping to get all these pieces so I don't "just walk into a shop and by what ever the fuck the clerk tells me". Try to make a build equal or better than this, EVERYTHING I listed included for under 1k, and if you somehow manage to find a build like that for under 1k just imagine the prices 3 years back. ( Not including the RAT and the SSD)

    Edit 2: Also I am not trying to say this is the best build (Because I know it isn't) I am just inviting anyone who has a better build to post their specs..
    Yes Intel's propriety controller maybe more reliable then Marvell and Sandforce controllers, the sacrifice in performance makes it a null option. Especially when Corsair almost match in reliability and offers the speeds gains of the Sandforce controller. OCZ's are the only ones that really suffer from failure, but even that is before firmware update, which is something everyone should do anyway.

    As for your build, then yeah it isn't hard to build a good computer for sub $1000. I don't quite understand your comment with "if you somehow manage to find a build like that for under 1k just imagine the prices 3 years back". Stock prices don't depreciate all that much, any depreciation is within the first year before the product is discontinued. So one can't really imagine the prices of a product 3 years ago, considering modern products weren't available 3 years ago, and 3 years ago the products available aren't stocked anymore.

    I built my computer for just under $1100 in late 2007. I could have gotten it for just under $1000 but I decided to order them all from a single shop, as a friend of mine owned it and I thought I'd support a local business as long as he threw in an OEM copy of Vista.

  15. #29
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,928
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,220
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Sucks that the logitech slim doesn't have anti-ghosting. I have to interchange between an arctosa and the slim.
    Tbh as of late and since I've had it my gaming has been severely limited, but it's just awesome for late night work and being smashed upon

    I still have my old G15 but in terms of comfort when typing, Das Keyboard > Logitech's Illuminated > ... > G15. Those keys are so shitty with the shittiest feedback ... god damn.

    Also stop stealing my spotlight @Doc, I wanna see him respond to my posts too. You damned sexy beast
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

    I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

    Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

    Doc (11-29-2011)

  17. #30
    Expert at leaving women disappointed physically and emotionally.
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Minionforce
    Wyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Tijuana
    Posts
    23,282
    Reputation
    3511
    Thanks
    3,638
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Single Optical Disc Drive Options

    24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
    Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Reader (BD-ROM, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
    6X Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Burner (BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW)



    Drive 2: Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Reader (BD-ROM, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
    Drive 2: 6X Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Burner (BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
    Drive 1: 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
    Drive 2: Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Reader (BD-ROM, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
    Drive 1: 24X Dual-Layer Burner (DVD±RW)
    Drive 2: 6X Dual Layer Blu-ray Disc™ Burner (BD-RE, DVD±RW, CD-RW)
    Ports
    Front I/O Ports

    (2x) High-Speed USB 2.0
    (1x) Firewire IEEE 1394
    (1x) Microphone In
    (1x) Headphone/Speaker Out

    Rear I/O Ports

    (1x ) eSATA
    (1x) RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet
    (6x) High-Speed USB 2.0
    (1x) Firewire IEEE 1394
    (1x) Microphone In
    (1x) Line-In
    (1x) Front Left/Right Speakers
    (1x) Center Speaker
    (1x) Rear Left/Right Speakers
    (1x) Side Left/Right Speakers
    (1x) SPDIF Digital Output (TOSLINK)
    (1x) SPDIF Digital Output (Coax)

    HDTV Tuners Options

    Internal PCI-e Digital/Analog TV Tuner
    Slots
    Memory Slots

    6x 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM Slots

    PCI Slots

    (2x) PCI-Express 2.0, PCI-e x16
    (2x) PCI-e x1
    Power
    Alienware™ 875 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
    Chassis
    Motherboard and Chassis Form Factor

    mATX Motherboard, Mid-Tower Chassis

    System Dimensions

    426mm (16.77") - Height
    645mm (25.39") - Depth
    250mm (9.84") - Width
    Average Weight - 20.41 Kg. (45 lbs)

    Motherboard

    Alienware™ Approved Intel® X58 mATX Motherboard
    Socket 1366, Core i7 Ready, Dual Triple-Channel DDR3 Memory Support

    Processor Cooling

    Alienware™ High-Performance Liquid Cooling

    ALX Chassis Features

    Active Venting - Thermally Intelligent Top-Face Louver System
    AlienFX™ System Lighting - 8 Independent Lighting Zones
    A/C Independent Internal Chassis Theater Lighting
    Cable-free,Tool-less, Dockable Hard Drive Upgrades
    Regulatory
    REGULATORY MODEL: D01M
    REGULATORY TYPE: D01M001
    Quote Originally Posted by bobowardere View Post
    Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone has a better computer build then mine here?



    Mobo: M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 (decent, gets the job done)
    Graphics: 4870x2 XXX Edition (Old, but still plays Crysis 2, BF3 and Skyrim on high easily)
    Memory: 16gb Corsair Vengeance @1600MHz (I don't think I even have to explain this one)
    CPU: AMD 955 x4 Black Edition OC'd @ 3.8GHz (Amazing...)
    Hard Drive 1: Hitachi 1tb (Ordinary Hard Drive, plenty of space and used for storage)
    Hard Drive 2: Intel 80gb SSD
    Peripherals:

    Audio: Logitech 6930 Wireless Gaming Headset (Best headset I have ever used, been using it over a year never had a problem, ad its wireless )

    Montior: 24in HD 1080p Viewsonic Monitor (Great monitor, gets the job done and looks great!)
    Keyboard: Alienware Tactx Gaming Keyboard (Amazing Keyboard, looks and feels great, lights up with customizable colors
    Mouse: Microsoft Sidewinder Wired (Gets the job done) Just Ordered a Cyborg R.A.T 7 Mouse, cant wait til it arrives
    Last edited by Wyo; 11-29-2011 at 11:23 AM.
     
    I smoke dix daily.
    I am Dix, and Arun is my master.
    I'M #1 NIGXMAS SCAMMER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-04-2010, 08:46 PM
  2. BEST WORKING HACKS HERE
    By arkaham in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-06-2009, 10:24 AM
  3. Best rap ull here
    By whtlight in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2009, 02:56 PM
  4. People using 64Bit computers come here
    By Symbol in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 08-16-2009, 02:47 AM
  5. Post Computer Cases Here please
    By Fetish in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 02:08 PM