Thread: My dogie

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    4951′S 12834′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I have 3 dogs. All dachshund. All incredibly intelligent. My oldest one, Marty, is 12. He is slow, but is still in good health. If you are considering putting down you dog all because he's old, you don't deserve to have him.

  2. #47
    EminemJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,251
    Reputation
    -79
    Thanks
    301
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I have 3 dogs. All dachshund. All incredibly intelligent. My oldest one, Marty, is 12. He is slow, but is still in good health. If you are considering putting down you dog all because he's old, you don't deserve to have him.
    Im 15 turning 16 in December....Had him since I was about 3 or 4 years old and he was pup.....How old would he be???/

    You have to see him to know what I'm talking about.

  3. #48
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    4951′S 12834′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by EminemJr View Post


    Im 15 turning 16 in December....Had him since I was about 3 or 4 years old and he was pup.....How old would he be???/

    You have to see him to know what I'm talking about.
    If he's in pain, that's one thing. But if he looks tired, that's normal for an old dog. As long as he's happy.

  4. #49
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    If he's in pain, that's one thing. But if he looks tired, that's normal for an old dog. As long as he's happy.
    It's sort of a rough call with dogs, they don't show you their pain too often (depending on the dog of course), my old Pitbull showed no signs of being in pain but had trouble getting up, brought him to the vet and they said his two front legs had micro-line fractures, which is like Shin-Splints times a thousand on how painful it is. It's difficult to tell, but if you know your dog, you will be able to see the pain in them.

  5. #50
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    4951′S 12834′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post


    It's sort of a rough call with dogs, they don't show you their pain too often (depending on the dog of course), my old Pitbull showed no signs of being in pain but had trouble getting up, brought him to the vet and they said his two front legs had micro-line fractures, which is like Shin-Splints times a thousand on how painful it is. It's difficult to tell, but if you know your dog, you will be able to see the pain in them.
    I know how it is. Animals have an amazing tenacity. Humans will whine about a scratch and animals, especially dogs, will brave a lethal wound without showing too much discomfort. You just have to know your dog I guess.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

    Lehsyrus (12-03-2011)

  7. #51
    ☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,900
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    I know how it is. Animals have an amazing tenacity. Humans will whine about a scratch and animals, especially dogs, will brave a lethal wound without showing too much discomfort. You just have to know your dog I guess.
    Completely agreed sir, couldn't have said it better myself.

  8. #52
    EminemJr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3,251
    Reputation
    -79
    Thanks
    301
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    If he's in pain, that's one thing. But if he looks tired, that's normal for an old dog. As long as he's happy.
    Yea, I told my parents to hold off... We wanted him to pass away normally in the back yard rested

  9. #53
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    4951′S 12834′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by EminemJr View Post


    Yea, I told my parents to hold off... We wanted him to pass away normally in the back yard rested
    I'm not saying the euthanasia is a bad thing. I'm just saying make sure your dog's not in pain. Take him to a vet.

  10. #54
    Shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    6,057
    Reputation
    118
    Thanks
    651
    My Mood
    Mellow
    If you're taking him to get euthanized, stay with him when it happens if you can.
    Bibamus, gaudeamus.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234