Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Any good study methods? (For real).

Eh, Wanting to get into a good university when I get out of high school, I'm Asian, meaning my parents have the most highest expectations of all. Yes I'm only in grade 8 but stress is killing me. I currently only have a C+ average for all subjects, and I get distracted when I try to do homework at home. I don't know why but computer is errr, just distracting me but I use it 24/7. (For real,no joke). I'm actually serious about this thread and I don't want "SMOKE WEED BRO". I trust that MPGH is mature enough to give advice to the younger ones. thank you!

Proud to be one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    unfortunately you were wrong...
    just yell at your paper HADOUKEN!!!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Well c'mon man. I have absolutely no clue why you would ask a forum with a bunch of 13 year olds who haven't probably even taken their first exams. This is MPGH. I mean you must be extremely desperate to ask bunch of little 13 year olds. And no. MPGH isn't really "mature". Stay around long enough and you'll find out for yourself.

As for study tips, I recommend doing mock tests / exams.

It really depends on what university you're going to. Seeing that you're in grade 8, it'll take a while, but trying doing "fake" tests to improve your skills, as it also strengthens your ability to react quicker to things when you're in a REAL test situation as you're familiar.

For the computer, it's a problem with most people. Lots of people can't really live without it and that's very understandable. But try not to get carried away. Set a limited time for how long you would want to use your computer. At most 3 hours. But you shouldn't need more unless you have a huge project, which I doubt as you're in grade 8. But they'll come to you eventually.

And just study in general. I know it sounds so cliche, but trust me. Review your notes or whatever. I'm not sure if you have exams at your school or whatever, but for sure when you get to highschool (well, it depends on what highschool you go to), exams are gonna hit you hard. There are exams for most people before winterbreak. Those are usually the most stressful times.

I understand how you're stressful as the exam seasons are coming up again.
    Love you all

~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KingDot For This Useful Post:

FUKO (12-06-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Tell your Asian parents to hit you with a bamboo stick whenever they see you on the computer when you're supposed to be studying.
    Problem solved.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I have some of my own methods that helps me alot .

Get the things you need to study for and get to a place where you can be alone and listen to music if you want to.

And i usually do some test for myself and that really helps me alot!
    MPGH Member Since 10/17/2010
    Battlefield Minion Since 01/22/2014 till - 08/27/2014
    APB Minion since 11/12/2011 till 4/16/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well, that's the problem, I can't find my own space of interest that I can calm down and study. Library just isn't my thing rofl, and I'm having mid terms next week, hence the urgency to actually post and ask for help, and as for the "TEST YOURSELF" I'll for sure take that into mind when I'm studying for my math 8 exam. As for English on my part, I guess READ MOAR BOOOKS. French I just do C+-B effort. I guess it's juts Math and English + French that throw me off, I'll try to find my quiet spot, lay off the computer when i have my study time and get my homework done as a priority. The posts did work. Thanks guys, I'll still take advice in. :3.

Proud to be one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdoodlebob View Post
    Well, that's the problem, I can't find my own space of interest that I can calm down and study. Library just isn't my thing rofl, and I'm having mid terms next week, hence the urgency to actually post and ask for help, and as for the "TEST YOURSELF" I'll for sure take that into mind when I'm studying for my math 8 exam. As for English on my part, I guess READ MOAR BOOOKS. French I just do C+-B effort. I guess it's juts Math and English + French that throw me off, I'll try to find my quiet spot, lay off the computer when i have my study time and get my homework done as a priority. The posts did work. Thanks guys, I'll still take advice in. :3.
    Ah french. I'm doing my french project right now
    Love you all

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Flame bait and instigate

Thanks
    Stay off the computer as much as your can. Be more prepared for tests. Study, review each night. If there is something you don't understand, the teacher is there for a reason. He doesn't get paid to sit in class all day, he is there to teach you and to help you whenever you need it. You need to be more initiative when it comes to tests: that means be more cautious. Don't be slacking and expect to get an A right off that bat, you need to go ask the teacher(like said) for any questions you have, what will be on the test/quiz, what is needed, etc.

So I haven't really listed this... But for studying tips you could consider reading through and reviewing what you have learned. Pay attention in class more, do your homework to be all caught up, and ask questions to the teacher when you need it... If there comes a time where you have a big test, then consider memorization of what you need... As reviewing and summarizing doesn't help in some cases(for some people, they think it does help). But yeah... Also like I said again, stay away from the computer... And worry more about your school then everything else. Be more initiative.

Donator since 09•16•2011
    Minion since 10•10•2011
    Minion+ since 01•06•2012
    Moderator since 08•08•2012
    Global Moderator since 10•06•2012
    Editor from 06•14•2011 • 2014

[ • ] [ • ] [ • ] [ • ][ • ]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lance View Post
    Stay off the computer as much as your can. Be more prepared for tests. Study, review each night. If there is something you don't understand, the teacher is there for a reason. He doesn't get paid to sit in class all day, he is there to teach you and to help you whenever you need it. You need to be more initiative when it comes to tests: that means be more cautious. Don't be slacking and expect to get an A right off that bat, you need to go ask the teacher(like said) for any questions you have, what will be on the test/quiz, what is needed, etc.

So I haven't really listed this... But for studying tips you could consider reading through and reviewing what you have learned. Pay attention in class more, do your homework to be all caught up, and ask questions to the teacher when you need it... If there comes a time where you have a big test, then consider memorization of what you need... As reviewing and summarizing doesn't help in some cases(for some people, they think it does help). But yeah... Also like I said again, stay away from the computer... And worry more about your school then everything else. Be more initiative.
    To add on to this beautiful list by Sir Lance, don't cram the night before exams. I know how "helpful" that may seem, but seriously, don't.

It gives students more stress. And you don't get as well of a good sleep. Just relax.

And consider the "little" things, such as eating a good breakfast.

And wear clothes that you're comfortable in.

Little things - you don't know how important they are.
    Love you all

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Flame bait and instigate

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I guess it's just the fact that I try to stop playing games at like 8PM and I head to bed at 11PM, from those hours I probably just stream the internet and try to be smart with the time, I've already learned a lot of things that aren't related like the countries in the world, take that for an example, my procrastination is probably at it's worst, I see a french project due and I say "I'll do that later" and I end up doing something that's totally un-related. That's my hardest problem that I cannot break.

another example could be that I have a french project due next monday, it was supposed to be started last friday. I haven't gotten started yet. That's how crummy I am with my homework, but for English, i absolutely love the writing and the homework, sometimes reading. For math I just get lazy, and For french it's hell. To Sum it all up, when things are supposed to be done, I don't get it done 50% of the time and I end up streaming the web from 8-11 PM. Any ways to break this cycle of bad habits ?

Proud to be one.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdoodlebob View Post
    I guess it's just the fact that I try to stop playing games at like 8PM and I head to bed at 11PM, from those hours I probably just stream the internet and try to be smart with the time, I've already learned a lot of things that aren't related like the countries in the world, take that for an example, my procrastination is probably at it's worst, I see a french project due and I say "I'll do that later" and I end up doing something that's totally un-related. That's my hardest problem that I cannot break.

another example could be that I have a french project due next monday, it was supposed to be started last friday. I haven't gotten started yet. That's how crummy I am with my homework, but for English, i absolutely love the writing and the homework, sometimes reading. For math I just get lazy, and For french it's hell. To Sum it all up, when things are supposed to be done, I don't get it done 50% of the time and I end up streaming the web from 8-11 PM. Any ways to break this cycle of bad habits ?
    My french project is due tomorrow. I had a month to do it. I'm staying all night already. And look what I'm doing... I'm watching videos on YouTube and talking to people on MPGH. So tbh, your procrastination is probably not THAT bad compared to mine. I mean a month? Seriously...
    Love you all

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Flame bait and instigate

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    FUCKING USELESS - EVERY LAST BIT OF GRADE 8 - I SWEAR TO GOD. I don't use any of that grade 8 shit, I swear, Math, Physics and Chem 12 its all algebra - more advanced obviously so pay attention in Math - but everything else is _USELESS_ - socials is dumb, you don't even need to take it after GR 11.

Seriously, there is no method for studying in Grade 8 - you should be working on more important stuff, like building on a hobby. Only important years are the Grade 11 and and 12 years - just don't fail any of your classes - if you do, take summer school.

For me, I didn't have an interest in any of the GR10 < classes so I was skimming by them with 60\65 percent, but when I got into grade 11 and 12 I started getting straight A's because I found the material was actually interesting.Its not unusual for people who got horrible marks in their junior years to get As in their senior years.
    Last edited by radnomguywfq3; 12-06-2011 at 01:10 AM.

There are two types of tragedies in life. One is not getting what you want, the other is getting it.

If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?