Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

Getting a new longboard

Well I want to get a new one. I want some input form you people (hopefully some of you longboard ). I am right now thinking of getting a Bamboo-Maple hybrid Freebord with Da Blues wheels, but not totally sure. I am a downhill boarder so I don't want one that is meant for tricks and stuff like that. Just wondering if any of you have a good downhill board (preferably under $300).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy
    Get a landyachtz.
    Love you all

~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Extravagant View Post
    Get a landyachtz.
    Those look really sexy. Do you have one?

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post
    Well I want to get a new one. I want some input form you people (hopefully some of you longboard ). I am right now thinking of getting a Bamboo-Maple hybrid Freebord with Da Blues wheels, but not totally sure. I am a downhill boarder so I don't want one that is meant for tricks and stuff like that. Just wondering if any of you have a good downhill board (preferably under $300).

Gravity Board. They're seriously the best. Spin the wheel and if there's nothing touching it, it'll spin for a long ass time. Very balanced as well.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

Gravity Board. They're seriously the best. Spin the wheel and if there's nothing touching it, it'll spin for a long ass time. Very balanced as well.
    Well the spinning just means it has good bearings, which you can always get new ones

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Those look really sexy. Do you have one?
    Used too.

I generally like these type of longboard (shape wise)

I think this one is pretty decent :

They're a pretty good smooth ride. I don't really like the "surfboard" shape ones, although they are more of a "cruising and speed" ones. If you're looking for those, can't really help you. Although the switchblade is a pretty good one.

If you ARE going to get one or whatever, I decide you do MORE research as you do not want to regret getting it.

Since your main purpose is carving and cruising, not freeride or freestyle you can "consider" getting a "surfboard" shape longboard, but I don't really like those.

You'll probably decide you wanna do tricks eventaully, so you'll want to get the general shape of the one in the video.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be that specific brand. Landyacthz is one of the brands that are popular. It could also be some other brand. But I like landyachtz.

The type of "shape" that I like in longboards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW-J2...ayer_embedded#!
    Last edited by KingDot; 12-06-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    Love you all

~BE A PART OF MPGH. JOIN GROUPS~

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻
    ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Quote Originally Posted by KingDot
    Flame bait and instigate

☬Ξητσρζ Ζσ♍βε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Well the spinning just means it has good bearings, which you can always get new ones
    You can cut down a hill with Gravity boards too. I'm just saying they give all high quality gear in one package

Thanks
    When you are looking for a board to ride casually down shitty hills now and then, just get something that you feel comfortable with. Don't browse around on the internet looking at metadata on which board operates on a higher level aerodynamically, like .4 nano seconds more effectively than another. Instead, go to a local shop or two, stand on a few boards, look at the styles, and see what feels right to you. You can always buy a board in parts and put it together yourself. It's a relatively brainless process.
    If you're looking to ride downhill, and I'm assuming casually and not competitively, then I'd say you should go with a drop-through or drop-down for it's lower center of gravity and overall versatility. Get some wider trucks for stability, but not too wide, because let's be honest, you're not a competitor and it's unnecessary. Wheels and bearings are completely up to you. I recommend Bones REDS simply because theyre cheap and extremely good for their cost due to the separate standards by which Bones makes their bearings (Abec vs SR). Wheels should be a low durometer because I'm assuming you can't slide, and the gummier the wheels are, the more traction you'll have. Get some nicely sized wheels too since the bigger the wheels are, the higher your maximum speed will be when bombing hills. I'd recommend somewhere near the 75mm range with wide contact (50mm or more, maybe).

I personally ride an Arbor Axis GT with 83a Orangatang InHeats (need to upgrade), Paris 180mm trucks, Bones Swiss bearings, and Loaded 0.06" shockers. I ride it loose and can do everything on it. Bombing, cruising, sliding, etc. are all a breeze on it.

Gifts
    Czar [x][x]
    Liz [x][x]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Scruffy View Post
    When you are looking for a board to ride casually down shitty hills now and then, just get something that you feel comfortable with. Don't browse around on the internet looking at metadata on which board operates on a higher level aerodynamically, like .4 nano seconds more effectively than another. Instead, go to a local shop or two, stand on a few boards, look at the styles, and see what feels right to you. You can always buy a board in parts and put it together yourself. It's a relatively brainless process.
    If you're looking to ride downhill, and I'm assuming casually and not competitively, then I'd say you should go with a drop-through or drop-down for it's lower center of gravity and overall versatility. Get some wider trucks for stability, but not too wide, because let's be honest, you're not a competitor and it's unnecessary. Wheels and bearings are completely up to you. I recommend Bones REDS simply because theyre cheap and extremely good for their cost due to the separate standards by which Bones makes their bearings (Abec vs SR). Wheels should be a low durometer because I'm assuming you can't slide, and the gummier the wheels are, the more traction you'll have. Get some nicely sized wheels too since the bigger the wheels are, the higher your maximum speed will be when bombing hills. I'd recommend somewhere near the 75mm range with wide contact (50mm or more, maybe).

I personally ride an Arbor Axis GT with 83a Orangatang InHeats (need to upgrade), Paris 180mm trucks, Bones Swiss bearings, and Loaded 0.06" shockers. I ride it loose and can do everything on it. Bombing, cruising, sliding, etc. are all a breeze on it.

Well right now I have an Arbor Axis Koa with Paris 180mm trucks and 75a wheels. I can slide, go down hill on it, but I don't like the stability on it. I like what you said, so yea I might just go to some stores. Thanks man