Thread: NEWS!!! RIP AMD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Sounds like your gfx card is shitty, not your CPU.

If you go through the real-life office benchmarks AMD still holds its ground, even against pricier CPUs. Given the fact that most of the money AMD / Intel make is from selling normal desktop computers to people that don't OC or run CPU-demanding tasks, I doubt Intel will be able to bash AMD out of the low / mid range market that fast. High end market? AMD's already lost that
    Maybe office apps. Honestly you can purchase a $600 desktop featuring an Intel 2100 and will perform most tasks as equal as any AMD other than any heavy transcoding or archiving. The only market AMD will beat Intel in are the pre-built systems sub $800, imo at least.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Maybe office apps. Honestly you can purchase a $600 desktop featuring an Intel 2100 and will perform most tasks as equal as any AMD other than any heavy transcoding or archiving. The only market AMD will beat Intel in are the pre-built systems sub $800, imo at least.
    Sounds like pretty much 80% of the mainstream market to me Fact is that anything with four cores and 4GB of ram can handle office-like multitasking without too much of an effort
    I'm Alen on Steam. RIP Skype Friday nights.

I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.
    Mr. Lonely: @Alen I like making you wet, it makes me hard.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Sounds like pretty much 80% of the mainstream market to me Fact is that anything with four cores and 4GB of ram can handle office-like multitasking without too much of an effort
    Pretty much. But of course if they are withdrawing from the entire market, then they themselves must believe that they are failing to play catch up.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well lets compare prices:
    You can get an AMD FX-4100 for for $120 market value, this is a quad-core processor
    Or an Intel i3-2100 for $125 market value, this is a dual-core processor

Which do you think is the better deal???

Source Filmmaker Animator/Poster Maker
    Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebob97 View Post
    You can get an AMD FX-4100 for for $120 market value, this is a quad-core processor

Depends what you want it for. Overclocking - 4100. Gaming -2100. Archiving, encoding - 4100.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Pretty much. But of course if they are withdrawing from the entire market, then they themselves must believe that they are failing to play catch up.
    Yeah, though I hope they keep their ulv cpu/gpu projects alive, they could easily dominate Nvidia's Tegra and perhaps even move on to bring proper x86 to tablets / phones.

Number of cores != performance.

[Phoronix] AMD FX-4100 Bulldozer Review

Go through the benchmarks, lol. Worth it if you're gonna go for a budget build, otherwise the i3 is better (read: decent am3 builds are still cheaper than decent 1156 builds).

I'm Navi's lover <span class="emoji-outer emoji-sizer"><span class="emoji-inner" style="background: url(chrome-extension://immhpnclomdloikkpcefncmfgjbkojmh/emoji-data/sheet_apple_64.png);background-position:2.5% 97.5%;background-size:4100%" title="hearts"></span></span>

Messenger: Toxin about Dave | Paladin on Skyrim's AI | Dakota on JB | Royku leeching | Sjoerd's penis | Blitz's derpiness | Jason on Blitz
    Dave84311: God I've always wanted to eat crayons, with their vibrant colors. Only if they had taste.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    You also have to take in the account that the new FX processors haven't been fully supported by Linux and Windows, and will run at a reduced speed.

Source Filmmaker Animator/Poster Maker
    Former Minecraft Minion
    Film Enthusiast
    TF2 Player

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by SeemsGood. View Post
    I use AMD it sucks for gaming no game work Smoothely excpet for MMO game like GTA IV It sucks it works but fucking laggy
    Lol..that's pretty much a load of shit considering I'm using an AMD processor currently (not by choice)
    And I have absolutely no problems playing all my games on high settings..yes new games and it's plenty "smooth" Learn2GPU
    Last edited by Ethereal; 12-08-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    AMD will strike back up!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Lol..that's pretty much a load of shit considering I'm using an AMD processor currently (not by choice)
    And I have absolutely no problems playing all my games on high settings..yes new games and it's plenty "smooth" Learn2GPU
    And yet my AMD processor runs flawlessly. Honestly, for minor differences, I'd rather just take the cheaper route.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    You also have to take in the account that the new FX processors haven't been fully supported by Linux and Windows, and will run at a reduced speed.
    That's why you update BIOS.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    v

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ragealot View Post
    That's why you update BIOS.
    Or just manually set fixed clocks or w/e was the supposed issue.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234