Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    hmm shit.....@Paroxysm

Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Still love you Giggletron

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    The public school system literally has zero control over that. If a student has permission by their parents to be excused for prayer on a regular basis then they are within their rights. What the public school system can't do is assign rooms or areas specifically for prayer.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..." First Amendment rights.
    My Bad My Bad,
    I cant confirm much because i`m on my DSI trying to look through everything.
    but what RP wants to do is give the option for different children to learn about creationism rather than evolution.
    Since their are different beliefs on the subject.
    GTFO

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by jennajones View Post
    My Bad My Bad,
    but what RP wants to do is give the option for different children to learn about creationism rather than evolution.
    creationism...thats what i was trying to think of.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    My Bad My Bad,
    I think the study of creationism should be optional, while the study of evolution mandatory.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    My Bad My Bad,

Sure and if we wanted to raise our children to be ignorant we can teach creationism as an alternative to the scientific method. But that kind of defeats the point of education now doesn't it?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    okay....this is coming from me, grew up in a catholic family. went to a strong catholic private school. creationism does not click. dont get it. dont see how. . dont want this in our school. praying is fine but i prefer evolution.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    The idea of seperating religion and state wasn't in the Constitution.
    Politics, even from the get go, was swayed by religious views.
    Because they are trying to rid religion from politics,
    the Morals no longer matter.
    Which means in the end,
    Any decision is based on the needs of the government instead of the people.

Basically,
    He believes that you should be religious going in because thats how America itself was originally based under.
    He's rooting for the classic America.
    The one with true rights based on the constitution itself.
    Rather than what they now believe to be void.
    There are a lot of immoral people who are religious, and there are also immoral people who aren't religious, and just the same with moral people, it has no bearing on morality. If you want to kill someone but your fear of hell stops you, are you moral even to begin with? Religion has no business in our government, politics, courthouses, or schools. Religion is a personal matter and personal choice, in your home, do whatever the fuck you want, in a government institution, keep it to yourself. I'm not going to join you in praying to some invisible higher being due to your superstition.

The fact it wasn't originally in the constitution was irrelevant. Pilgrims came here to escape persecution, and the fact that the first amendment (separation of church and state) was written just a year later after the constitution was drafted states how much religion played a role in the founding of America.

Thomas Jefferson:

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the Common Law."

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Just to added onto this:

"the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion" Treaty of Tripoli signed by John Adams
    Last edited by Paroxysm; 01-06-2012 at 12:54 AM.
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

People can talk about the NDAA all they want now. Too little to late,
    Obama signed that bill on New Years eve while everyone was getting drunk.
    If we can get Ron Paul into office he WILL fight to repeal the bill. Obama pulled a VERY VERY DIRTY move sogning the NDAA on new years. @arunforce Do you want a president like this? When Obama was running for office he made a bunch of promises, and if he had kept them then I would be supporting him for a 2nd term. But, he hasn't, and infact it seems he's going out of his way to strip OUR RIGHTS AND OUR MONEY out from under us. I know Ron Paul has some ideas that you don't agree with, but we HAVE to get the ball rolling in a diffrent direction.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-06-2012 at 08:26 AM.

END THE FED

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

There are a lot of immoral people who are religious, and there are also immoral people who aren't religious, and just the same with moral people, it has no bearing on morality. If you want to kill someone but your fear of hell stops you, are you moral even to begin with? Religion has no business in our government, politics, courthouses, or schools. Religion is a personal matter and personal choice, in your home, do whatever the fuck you want, in a government institution, keep it to yourself. I'm not going to join you in praying to some invisible higher being due to your superstition.

The fact it wasn't originally in the constitution was irrelevant. Pilgrims came here to escape persecution, and the fact that the first amendment (separation of church and state) was written just a year later after the constitution was drafted states how much religion played a role in the founding of America.

Thomas Jefferson:

"I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature."

"I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology."

"Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the Common Law."
    & Yes Arun,
    you do make a point.

"Americans overwhelmingly believed that Christian ideas and principles should receive favorable treatment and that its understanding of Moral Law should undergird the laws of the United States and the individual states."
    Whether or not America was originally supposed to be christain,
    this is what i was taught to learn,
    The fact is,

you do not believe religion has a place in politics,
    it is an opinion you hold to yourself and whoever else feels that way.
    I, on the other hand, believe religion should always be apart of our government
    and any decisions made thereof.
    Not saying that any logic on a decision should be thrown out because it conflicts with religion,
    But it should come into play via morals.
    If they are religious and have no morals,
    does not mean they are not aware of morals in itself.
    But that's just me and my beliefs.
    Not to create unneccesary bickering between you and I,
    But i cant be swayed on the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post

Sure and if we wanted to raise our children to be ignorant we can teach creationism as an alternative to the scientific method. But that kind of defeats the point of education now doesn't it?
    Again,
    It would be by choice according to what the child or the family believes.
    It's also not up to you to decide that because someone believes in a religion,
    that they are ignorant.
    That in itself, is ignorant.
    Last edited by jennajones; 01-06-2012 at 10:45 AM.
    GTFO

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    If we can get Ron Paul into office he WILL fight to repeal the bill. Obama pulled a VERY VERY DIRTY move sogning the NDAA on new years. @arunforce Do you want a president like this? When Obama was running for office he made a bunch of promises, and if he had kept them then I would be supporting him for a 2nd term. But, he hasn't, and infact it seems he's going out of his way to strip OUR RIGHTS AND OUR MONEY out from under us. I know Ron Paul has some ideas that you don't agree with, but we HAVE to get the ball rolling in a diffrent direction.

If our government is pretty much corrupt from the ground up,
    Then I can assure you that the whole election process would also be corrupted.
    The majority of the House are imposing capitalist ideals on the American people
    As a matter of fact Mr. Obama just brought on 3 more Marxist congressman a few days ago,
    (Which was unsanctioned, and not voted on btw..Barry ignores the Constitution again.)
    Sorry RJ I like Ron and want him in there, but it's never going to happen. He'll be close to death before ever getting a real shot.

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    He signed the NDAA but made a statement saying that he disagrees with the indefinite holding but only did so because the other parts of the bill is important. He also said that his administration wouldn't use it. He also reduced the troops around the world recently, pulled out of Iraq, and a lot more. Obama has kept a lot of promises: What the fuck has Obama done so far? . Let's not forget, he and Ron Paul would only be the president, which has the most power, but not enough power to do what they want. And Obama has a republican controlled house to deal with.
    Last edited by arunforce; 01-06-2012 at 12:30 PM.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

He signed the NDAA but made a statement saying that he disagrees with the indefinite holding but only did so because the other parts of the bill is important. He also said that his administration wouldn't use it. He also reduced the troops around the world recently, pulled out of Iraq, and a lot more. Obama has kept a lot of promises: What the fuck has Obama done so far? . Let's not forget, he and Ron Paul would only be the president, which has the most power, but not enough power to do what they want. And Obama has a republican controlled house to deal with.
    Just because he wrote a provisional note, doesn't mean that anything changes. The military would still have the authority to indescriminately detain citizens
    indefinitely without a trial. Of course he's gonna say he doesn't agree with that part to cover his own ass. As far as the troops go he didn't start pulling anyone out until his PR for his re-election was falling appart. There are Government officials,Senators, and Congressman that are completely against the NDAA. We already have the Patriot act, there is absolutely no need for this Bill.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

He also said that his administration wouldn't use it. He also reduced the troops around the world recently.
    Even IF his administration does not use it, that does not mean one in the future will not. How can you defend this? Obama wanted this. It was HIS administration that changed the language in the bill.

Don't piggy back on excuses. Even if that IS true that just means he folded under pressure.

As far as the troops go, there will be thousands of troops in Iraq for a long time, but about 250,000 contracters. Contractors that get paid around $100,000 a year while soldiers make a fraction of that...

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    I completely agree with the OP. Sadly, you're trying to inform a forum that is mainly occupied by ignorant impubescent americans. You can't win here no matter how much you're right.
    You don't have the balls to de-rep me, pussy.

You have to speak the truth. You have to speak your mind.
    - Immortal Technique.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast