Thread: Have you ever

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Have you ever

Gotten really upset, prepared to say something, and then realized you didn't need to say it anymore?

I just finished writing a 3 paragraph thread about how upset I am about something that just happened in my life so I could ask MPGH for advice/opinions, and at the end I hit cancel instead of submit. After writing the entire giant essay I realized that I knew exactly how to handle this, and that it isn't as bad as I thought it was.

So MPGH, what experiences have you had to this tune?? Gone to write an angry email/post/text etc. and then realized that all you needed was to write it, but not send it? I've heard about writing a letter just for venting reasons and then destroying it, but I'd never tried it (or really thought it worked for that matter).

Just thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss with you fine MPGHians.

Proud member of MPGH since 2009

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    No. If I write something or start saying it, I finish.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    Sounds stupid if you ask me, if you can't rationalize your problems in your head and need to write them out then you have some issues.

Thanks
    Its not about rationalizing problems, its about feeling better mentally. If I'm super angry and hate your guts right now, I can write a 3000000 word essay with all of the reasons I hate you, and after writing it the rage will have been channeled and I would be left feeling better than I did before.

Also I don't appreciate you saying I have some issues. <(this time I did hit send)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    If you're writing essays about how you're angry at whatever it is you're angry at then you have some issues. It honestly doesn't make sense to me how any one can get very angry. I get annoyed at shit but I don't actually get angry at something or someone. Logically it doesn't make any sense to be angry, how does it benefit you in any way to be angry? I don't see any silver lining in being angry so I don't let shit bother me to the point where I'm actually angry, I might have in the past but as I've grown I've learned to let shit slide instead of letting it climb up my ass.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iverson954360 For This Useful Post:

Ed (12-29-2011)

Thanks
    Well you should know this is nothing related to internet things... I agree nothing that happens on the internet should be enough to make someone angry. But if you think nothing in life should make anyone angry then you have some issues.

And I don't randomly right essays when I get upset. It just so happened that I thought I might ask MPGH for advice and I ended up writing a lot, and after writing the load I felt better and said whatever.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead
    I don't get angry at things in my life, and that's not because something is wrong with me. It just means you don't have the same emotional maturity as I do. Getting angry benefits no one, especially not you, it clouds your judgement and causes undue stress. You can spend your life getting angry at things or you can just learn that sometimes there will be some shit that annoys you but you just have to move on. These past few years there has been plenty of shit I could have gotten angry at but I didn't and I've had one hell of a time these few years as well. Anger only leads to becoming bitter and jaded both of which should have no room in anyone's lives.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Done it before but not when I was upset. I type up something that I deem to be intellectually stimulating, then I realise that MPGH is made up of 12-14 yr olds so I delete it all and ask everyone how their day was. Quite fustrating really.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc For This Useful Post:

Donnuh (12-29-2011)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Done it before but not when I was upset. I type up something that I deem to be intellectually stimulating, then I realise that MPGH is made up of 12-14 yr olds so I delete it all and ask everyone how their day was. Quite fustrating really.

Yea, I also realized that probably no one would give a damn or want to hear about my little problems, haha.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I'm not 14

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post

I'm not 14
    There are too few people who aren't for it to be worth it

Thanks
    When I was younger I would say yes. As I grew, the regret I held for things wore off, but depending on that severity of course it still exists.
    It's in human nature to have feelings so obviously it's normal. What you did is just a way of your organizing yourself. Your burden was simply messy and you turned to writing to organize it all. I would disagree with Iverson because many great slam poets can use writing as their relief from what burden was bothering them. It's a matter of finding your vents to blow your steam through.

Thanks
    Are you an emo or somthin?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Are you an emo or somthin?
    He just has emotions
    Emotions =/= emo

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    It's OK because on the internet we can pretend to be badasses that don't get sad or angry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast