Thread: Computer Parts

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,881
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Inspired

    Computer Parts

    What do you think I can do with these parts, like what games will I be able to run smoothly.

    Code:
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2500k
    Video Card: Evha GeForce GTX550T 1028MB
    Memory/RAM: Kingston 8GB DDR3 1333 Kit
    Motherboard: Asus P8H67-V
    Harddrive: Seagate 1TB SATA3
    Power Supply: Coolermaster Extreme 500W
    Case: Coolermaster Elite 371
    Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

  2. #2
    Ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    18,294
    Reputation
    1007
    Thanks
    1,163
    My Mood
    In Love
    Get the 6950 as your gfx
    and a better PSU





  3. #3
    Cole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Macabrian Invasion Fleet
    Posts
    1,930
    Reputation
    456
    Thanks
    208
    My Mood
    Bored
    sure sugababy you can run whatever you want

  4. #4
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    You'll be able to run any game. If you want to run a game like BF3 on ultra then maybe not. But any game you wanna play you can play. But I would reccommend saving and getting a GTX 560/6850. I don't see much sense in having that much processing power with a rather subpar gfx card. I would also get a standard 2500 (no K) if you are getting that motherboard. 500 watts should be fine.

  5. #5
    Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,881
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    You'll be able to run any game. If you want to run a game like BF3 on ultra then maybe not. But any game you wanna play you can play. But I would reccommend saving and getting a GTX 560/6850. I don't see much sense in having that much processing power with a rather subpar gfx card. I would also get a standard 2500 (no K) if you are getting that motherboard. 500 watts should be fine.
    I'm probably going to upgrade later. I don't really have the money for it now. That's why I have the powerful processor, so when I upgrade it will be just peachy.

    For future reference, what will I have to upgrade when I get the 560? Like what power supply should I get then and stuff like that.

  6. #6
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post

    I'm probably going to upgrade later. I don't really have the money for it now. That's why I have the powerful processor, so when I upgrade it will be just peachy.

    For future reference, what will I have to upgrade when I get the 560? Like what power supply should I get then and stuff like that.
    Well I'm sure 500W will be capable of running a 2500K and a 560 easy. If you want more headroom for future upgrades then perhaps get a 650 or 700.

  7. #7
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Get a good CPU cooler.

  8. #8
    Obnoxious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    892
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    26
    My Mood
    Breezy


    It's funny when people spend the extra money for 1TB hard drives when they don't use half of the space.

  9. #9
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,573
    Reputation
    2920
    Thanks
    5,343
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Ragealot View Post
    Get a good CPU cooler.
    Not needed right now Plus the stock is fine for turbo boost.

    Quote Originally Posted by Obnoxious View Post


    It's funny when people spend the extra money for 1TB hard drives when they don't use half of the space.
    Filled my 1TB in less than a month.

  10. #10
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    Not needed right now Plus the stock is fine for turbo boost.
    I want him to has 4.2Ghz +

  11. #11
    Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    8,746
    Reputation
    333
    Thanks
    1,456
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Youi can run anything o.o But not the higher games with the extreme graphing settings on without hitting a lag spike.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamer For This Useful Post:

    Sketchy (01-05-2012)

  13. #12
    Sketchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    4,881
    Reputation
    515
    Thanks
    658
    My Mood
    Inspired
    How fast does the turbo go? I didn't even know it had a turbo...

  14. #13
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    How fast does the turbo go? I didn't even know it had a turbo...
    3.7Ghz when it's at Turbo.

  15. #14

Similar Threads

  1. A computer worm
    By mostwanted in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 04:06 AM
  2. Fucked Up My Computer....
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 09:51 AM
  3. I need to fuk my school computers--help.
    By sqeak in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 02:32 PM
  4. Tutorials Part 2
    By HolyFate in forum Gunz General
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 02:42 PM
  5. Use your xbox as a computer!
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 02:25 PM