Thread: We're Screwed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46
  1. #16
    Nico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Germany :D
    Posts
    15,938
    Reputation
    1121
    Thanks
    8,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave84311 View Post
    If it does pass, MPGH is skrewed
    Just wondering, what will you do then and whats going to happen to MPGH?

  2. #17
    Drtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    540
    Posts
    3,085
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    161
    Positive it won't pass.

  3. #18
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,898
    Reputation
    781
    Thanks
    1,886
    My Mood
    Doh
    It will pass. We are going to die.

  4. #19
    Drtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    540
    Posts
    3,085
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    161
    I don't think it could stand. If it does,

  5. #20
    Polo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /197/ or /335/
    Posts
    12,263
    Reputation
    723
    Thanks
    13,321
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    No way it'll pass .

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Polo For This Useful Post:

    Drtro (01-13-2012)

  7. #21
    Drtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    540
    Posts
    3,085
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    161
    I mean I understand about pirating software and all. Poor people should just get a job.

    But shutting down a site just because they have some company's logo or something. I call bullshit.

  8. #22
    derkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Don't worry about it
    Posts
    8,293
    Reputation
    255
    Thanks
    390
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Brees View Post
    I mean I understand about pirating software and all. Poor people should just get a job.

    But shutting down a site just because they have some company's logo or something. I call bullshit.
    Well one thing is though at the prices that music and that type of stuff is up to now-a-days makes it almost impossible to afford it. Lets say you want to buy an album, that is 10$ right there. That is over an hour of solid work at minimum wage. While I like supporting artists, that type of stuff is just too expensive to compensate for.


  9. #23
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    Theres a simple way to bypass all this SOPA BS... sopa is just a cheap copy of ACTA ....
    Nevertheless the way is to create your own personal VPS :| since its your internet they cant ban you :3 :|
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  10. #24
    Drtro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    540
    Posts
    3,085
    Reputation
    6
    Thanks
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by derkman View Post

    Well one thing is though at the prices that music and that type of stuff is up to now-a-days makes it almost impossible to afford it. Lets say you want to buy an album, that is 10$ right there. That is over an hour of solid work at minimum wage. While I like supporting artists, that type of stuff is just too expensive to compensate for.
    I honestly don't even see why the artist them-self cares. It's the label that's getting screwed. Artists make their millions from playing shows and going on tour. So buying an album is supporting the label more then an artist. An artist is lucky to get 30% of album sales.

    For that statement, the idea of labels these days are horrible anyways. Pay a studio a couple thousand for recording, get some numbers to promoters. Start your tour. Fuck labels. I mean if you charge $15 a ticket and have an average of 1500 per venue. You usually get 40 to 60% of the ticket sales after paying the places your playing at. It'd cost more if your playing at stadiums than clubs. That's about $13,000 a night max. Play 2-3 times a week for 6 months. = profit Half a million a year for a mediocre band.


    ---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    Theres a simple way to bypass all this SOPA BS... sopa is just a cheap copy of ACTA ....
    Nevertheless the way is to create your own personal VPS :| since its your internet they cant ban you :3 :|
    But the ISP can block you from accessing the sites.

  11. #25
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,689
    Reputation
    1963
    Thanks
    3,254
    My Mood
    Amused
    Here's the thing..even if it does pass, which I'm not sure if it will, I would imagine that we would see some independent Service providers surfacing.
    A good marketing strategy for new ISP's would be that they don't support SOPA protocol.
    Comcast is my ISP and they are supporting SOPA, but then I came across this interesting article.
    Did Comcast Just Admit They Can't Comply With SOPA? - DNSSEC Upgrades Likely Wouldn't Work With DNS Filters | DSLReports.com, ISP Information
    Guess we'll have to wait it out, and keep writing our local reps.

  12. #26
    iMexi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Behind my PC
    Posts
    2,026
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Brees View Post


    I honestly don't even see why the artist them-self cares. It's the label that's getting screwed. Artists make their millions from playing shows and going on tour. So buying an album is supporting the label more then an artist. An artist is lucky to get 30% of album sales.

    For that statement, the idea of labels these days are horrible anyways. Pay a studio a couple thousand for recording, get some numbers to promoters. Start your tour. Fuck labels. I mean if you charge $15 a ticket and have an average of 1500 per venue. You usually get 40 to 60% of the ticket sales after paying the places your playing at. It'd cost more if your playing at stadiums than clubs. That's about $13,000 a night max. Play 2-3 times a week for 6 months. = profit Half a million a year for a mediocre band.
    [COLOR="Silver"]
    Totally agree with this one!

  13. #27
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    24,598
    Reputation
    2144
    Thanks
    3,005
    My Mood
    Amazed
    i probably wont use the internet at all if this passes
    Rep. Power: 111

    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  14. #28
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    This makes people lose jobs -.- That's exactly what the fuck we DON'T need.

  15. #29
    arunforce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A place for amigos
    Posts
    22,822
    Reputation
    3476
    Thanks
    10,778
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    If some big sites pile up and shutdown on SOPA day, watch these pathetic flip floppers switch positions.



    v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta


  16. #30
    Swiftdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Illinois.
    Posts
    12,572
    Reputation
    1130
    Thanks
    2,982
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Brees View Post
    lrn2getajobandbuythingsforonce*
    that still has nothing to do with sopa /fp
    Still love you Giggletron


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Warrock Screwed lmao
    By lemonslap in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 08:13 PM
  2. pfft, screw you guys.
    By SadisticGrin in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
  3. Republicans = Screwed
    By Dave84311 in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 11-10-2006, 02:15 PM
  4. Bush SCREW ups!
    By arunforce in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 07-02-2006, 07:51 PM
  5. Screwed Up anime
    By Chronologix in forum Anime
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-08-2006, 11:17 AM