Thread: The Mafia

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post

Mafia by itself, maybe, but the term Mexican Mafia would be the correct term, calling them a Mexican Cartel would be referring to all Mexican Mafias together undergoing collusion.
    Dude the news refers to them as drug cartels.. I've never heard anyone even refer to them as the "mafia"

Last edited by Ethereal; 01-18-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Black mafia

There are some pretty cold black people out there

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

Dude the news refers to them as drug cartels.. I've never heard anyone even refer to them as the "mafia"

My point exactly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvmrROz7Plo

VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm not arguing who calls them what /fp, I'm stating the correct terminology.

Cartel is for multiple groups under collusion.
    Mafia is for a single group.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Japanese mafia.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I'm not arguing who calls them what /fp, I'm stating the correct terminology.

Cartel is for multiple groups under collusion.
    Mafia is for a single group.
    Ya../fp is right. I guess every news organization out there is wrong, and even the Mexican government.

Beltrán-Leyva Cartel ,La Familia Cartel,Gulf Cartel , Juárez Cartel -La Línea , Los Zetas , Sinaloa Cartel – Gente Nueva , South Pacific Cartel ,Tijuana Cartel , Los Caballeros Templarios ,La Resistencia ,Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generación & Mata Zetas

Cartel-A combination of independent business organizations formed to regulate production, pricing, and marketing of goods by the members.

That's how some started off, until territory wars divided them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Japanese probly
    Asians are generally smarter

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic View Post
    Japanese probly
    Asians are generally smarter
    Yah that Pearl Harbor move was mad smart.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky

That's why I said "generally smarter"

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Japanese. They are more professional in general.

You should also add the triads.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Ya../fp is right. I guess every news organization out there is wrong, and even the Mexican government.

Beltrán-Leyva Cartel ,La Familia Cartel,Gulf Cartel , Juárez Cartel -La Línea , Los Zetas , Sinaloa Cartel – Gente Nueva , South Pacific Cartel ,Tijuana Cartel , Los Caballeros Templarios ,La Resistencia ,Cartel Jalisco Nueva Generación & Mata Zetas

Cartel-A combination of independent business organizations formed to regulate production, pricing, and marketing of goods by the members.

That's how some started off, until territory wars divided them.
    Yeah, facepalm is right. Are you a fucking dumbass or something? Do you just like to argue over pointless shit or do you just try hard to look like a dumbass?

I never said anything about that video or the mexican government being wrong. Austin was calling a picture of a group of members a CARTEL. They aren't a cartel, they are a mafia. A mexican cartel is a group of mafias colluding together. There are specific cases and incidents where calling them a cartel would be wrong, and he did it as it was a singular group of mafia members. It's the same case as OPEC, people don't go saying Saudi Arabia lowered the daily barrel output? No they would say OPEC did, just like news does, it's more headlining. Pertaining to this thread, if someone shows a picture of the Saudi Arabian King signing a law of the daily limit lowering and you want to say call it OPEC instead of Saudi Arabia?

/facepalm

-----------------
    Gee wiz, arguing with an idiot over who can't see the difference between the group and singular terms.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Yah attacking a country cutting off your oil supply isn't mad smart. Lets do nothing is mad smart. ^_^
    Last edited by arunforce; 01-18-2012 at 11:25 PM.

v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Yeah, facepalm is right. Are you a fucking dumbass or something? Do you just like to argue over pointless shit or do you just try hard to look like a dumbass?

I never said anything about that video or the mexican government being wrong. Austin was calling a picture of a group of members a CARTEL. They aren't a cartel, they are a mafia. A mexican cartel is a group of mafias colluding together. There are specific cases and incidents where calling them a cartel would be wrong, and he did it as it was a singular group of mafia members. It's the same case as OPEC, people don't go saying Saudi Arabia lowered the daily barrel output? No they would say OPEC did, just like news does, it's more headlining. Pertaining to this thread, if someone shows a picture of the Saudi Arabian King signing a law of the daily limit lowering and you want to say call it OPEC instead of Saudi Arabia?

/facepalm

-----------------
    Gee wiz, arguing with an idiot over who can't see the difference between the group and singular terms.

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

Yah attacking a country cutting off your oil supply isn't mad smart. Lets do nothing is mad smart. ^_^
    Yeah I'm a dumbass, when it comes down to something quite simple.
    Never heard of a Mexican mafia. Never heard anyone ever refer to a Mexican CARTEL member as a mafia member..ever.
    If you were even close to being right , go find me something credible that says a Juarez mafia member beheads 15 cops.
    You won't find it. So you can try to be technical here but it's simple logic. They are referred to as cartel members.

Only time I've heard of Mexican and mafia put together are the shitty American gangs that basically ripped off the Sicilians and just used the label.
    They aren't organized and barely work like a business the way a real mafia would, The word originated from mafioso which is Sicilian.
    Then it came to America and it was cut down to mafia. It wasn't even in a dictionary before the Sicilians came.
    Btw I'm not cursing at you and insulting your intelligence, I don't see why this has to get turned into something uncivil..

𝕡𝕠𝕔𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕤 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕥
    Admin
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yeah I'm a dumbass, when it comes down to something quite simple.
    Never heard of a Mexican mafia. Never heard anyone ever refer to a Mexican CARTEL member as a mafia member..ever.
    If you were even close to being right , go find me something credible that says a Juarez mafia member beheads 15 cops.
    You won't find it. So you can try to be technical here but it's simple logic. They are referred to as cartel members.

Only time I've heard of Mexican and mafia put together are the shitty American gangs that basically ripped off the Sicilians and just used the label.
    They aren't organized and barely work like a business the way a real mafia would, The word originated from mafioso which is Sicilian.
    Then it came to America and it was cut down to mafia. It wasn't even in a dictionary before the Sicilians came.
    Btw I'm not cursing at you and insulting your intelligence, I don't see why this has to get turned into something uncivil..
    Who cares what you have heard? I don't mean that in an offensive manner, I'm not arguing my case by "pop culture" or popularity per se, I'd have already lost in a heartbeat. It doesn't even sound right to call them "Mexican Mafias." By definition mafia is roughly organized crime. That is what they are. There are reasons why they don't call it the mexican mafia is because of the gang called "Mexican Mafia," which would only lead to confusion. By the same logic you give, the Russian Mafia shouldn't be called it because the Sicilians had it first. In no way is it incorrect to call them Mafia just because you don't hear it on TV. I know where you are coming from, the original mafia was Sicilian, and other mafias sprung up, but the definition of mafia originated from the Sicilian mafia, which was probably a groundbreaking formation on it's own, so mafia became the definition of organized crime.

My case is almost exactly the opposite of yours. Not to call them a cartel, because by definition in that picture it wouldn't be a cartel. More like a mafia. And your case is almost exactly the opposite of mine. Not to call them a mafia, because it's not "politically" correct or how everyone refers to them or what not. I know exactly what you mean, but it's no way incorrect to call them a mafia by definition, as in I'd never call them a mafia, we just call them Mexican gangs down south, but by definition that is what they are rather than a cartel.

P.S. I didn't mean to go uncivilized, it just pisses me off when people try to twist or infer something else from what I say. Sorry.
    Last edited by arunforce; 01-19-2012 at 12:40 AM.

v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

P.S. I didn't mean to go uncivilized, it just pisses me off when people try to twist or infer something else from what I say. Sorry.
    No prob man. I wasn't trying to pick you apart or anything.
    I just enjoy debating if it's a decent subject, it's like exercising the brain.
    Despite it getting a little heated for a bit, I'd still prefer that over just useless crap threads or conversations.

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks
    The Japanese Mafia and the Italian Mafia will end up working together. The family structure of the Italian Mafia, as well as their background illicit a business model, whereas the Japanese Mafia also illicit a business model. The Japanese are very subtle in their approach to killing, and the Italians use interesting tricks when executing a hit, rather than just to do it blindly like the Mexicans and Blacks. Both cover up their work to a degree, allowing the authorities to know who did it, without giving them enough evidence to justify any arrests, whereas the Mexicans and Blacks will just shoot everything and probably forget to even wear gloves.

On top of which, the Japs and Italians have honor codes that are more respectable than those of petty gangs. And to add on to this, the Japs will have killed the leaders of the gangs while the Italians took care of their footmen.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast