Thread: Ron Paul

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by compaq soul View Post
    I used to be a Ron Paul supporter until I learned he does not believe in the rigid separation of church and state. He also doesn't think prayer should be ruled out in public schools.

Source: Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sorry, I have given up on the American election system. Everyone is bought, will be bought, or those who aren't bought will be expelled from the corrupt system we like to call a democracy.

/endrant
    What a bad guy, he believes the Federal and state government shouldn't impose on someones right to publicly practice their religion.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

He's saying it should be up to the state, not the federal government. That's his position on most sensitive political issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

What a bad guy, he believes the Federal and state government shouldn't impose on someones right to publicly practice their religion.
    Public schools are government funded institutions. The Supreme Court has imposed that federal institutions cannot advocate or put down and particular religion. If you want your children to be exposed to religious ideals you have complete freedom to send them to a religiously oriented school. No religion belongs in public schools or any federal institution.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Public schools are government funded institutions. The Supreme Court has imposed that federal institutions cannot advocate or put down and particular religion. If you want your children to be exposed to religious ideals you have complete freedom to send them to a religiously oriented school. No religion belongs in public schools or any federal institution.
    You do realize that children are allowed to pray in schools. And that "exposure" to religion won't be done without consent of the student, or the parent if he's not of age.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

You do realize that children are allowed to pray in schools. And that "exposure" to religion won't be done without consent of the student, or the parent if he's not of age.
    Derp, that quite obvious. I can pray whenever the fuck I want, in-school or out. What Dr. Paul is advocating is allowing states to decide whether public school officials can host religious group meeting (eg: pre-game football prayers.) Currently, that is federally outlawed. Ron Paul wants to go against numerous high court rulings that have decided that schools cannot lead religious events.

And the problem does not lie in students being exposed to religion, but the fact that religion is prevalent in a government institution, which currently, is not allowed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I think you're missing the point. I went to public school and was never exposed to religious ideals, besides Christmas vacation.
    Now it's gotten so tight assed in schools that you can't even hang up holiday decorations, because someone might get "offended"
    Well if an ideology isn't being forced on to you, how the fuck can anyone find something like a decoration offensive in the first place?
    Paul isn't saying he is going to bring religion into schools or any where else. He's saying let it be..the government has no business in it.

Derp, that quite obvious. I can pray whenever the fuck I want, in-school or out. What Dr. Paul is advocating is allowing states to decide whether public school officials can host religious group meeting (eg: pre-game football prayers.) Currently, that is federally outlawed. Ron Paul wants to go against numerous high court rulings that have decided that schools cannot lead religious events.

And the problem does not lie in students being exposed to religion, but the fact that religion is prevalent in a government institution, which currently, is not allowed.
    Ron Paul is for the Constitution. The Supreme Court and the Congress can kiss my ass,
    it's obvious it's occupied by capitalists.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 01-23-2012 at 08:51 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]RJ (01-24-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold
    At least the anti-gay hillbilly dropped out...
    Nipples

☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Thanks

First of all, stop using Wikipedia and give us a REAL source of information. I would rather you go get a video clip of Ron Paul stating his views or a quote from his site or another affiliated site to his of his views rather than what people put up on Wikipedia.

Second, if you can actually understand the words in the sentence "Paul believes that prayer in public schools should not be prohibited at the federal or state level, nor should it be made compulsory to engage in." from the source you have given you would of realized that it says "nor should it be made compulsory to engage in." So tell me, where in that statement does it say at ALL that Ron Paul doesn't believe in separation of church and state? He may not be a firm advocate against it, but no where do I read him saying "ohhh yeahhhh the church and the state are like brothers, we always confide in each other, they have totallllll sayyyyy" or any bullshit like that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]RJ (01-24-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

And what's wrong with that? What's wrong with religious gatherings in a school? Even if it passes on a state level, your not going to see prayer groups spontaneously erupt. But these people could exercise that right should they desire. He's not mandating it, he just believes that it she be regulated on a state, not federal, level.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]RJ (01-24-2012)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    He's not gonna win the election tho
    Because people keep spreading that message, and then try to avoid the spoiler effect.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    @compaq soul I'd be nice if kids like you would do some real research before talking about politics.

END THE FED

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @compaq soul I'd be nice if kids like you would do some real research before talking about politics.
    Well, I'm hardly a child but what can I say, I rushed in and got ganked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Well, I'm hardly a child but what can I say, I rushed in and got ganked.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    @RJ

Ron Paul is currently my second pick after Obama. Suppose he doesn't get elected, and he's feels too old to run in 2016 (90 years old). Would you support Rand Paul should he run? I don't remember what happened last year, but it made me think he isn't as much as a chip off the old block as his father.

v1.96 - Tutorials, Upgraded Town, Def Revamp
    v1.97 - Cutscenes/Quests, Friend List
    v1.98 - Classes, Necklace/Rings
    v1.99 - Guilds
    v2.00 - Open Beta

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Everyone that is 18 better vote, Ron Paul 2012. Make this world a better place.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by arunforce View Post
    @RJ

Ron Paul is currently my second pick after Obama. Suppose he doesn't get elected, and he's feels too old to run in 2016 (90 years old). Would you support Rand Paul should he run? I don't remember what happened last year, but it made me think he isn't as much as a chip off the old block as his father.
    Why would you support Obama?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast