Thread: SUPER BAWL

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post

You fail to realize that despite his lackluster performance against the Baltimore Ravens he TORCHED the Denver Broncos. Tom Brady broke a halftime record with five touchdown passes. Does the magnitude of the two aforementioned teams differ? Absolutely. But, it is impossible to say he didn't have a great season. Also, you aren't looking at the variables. Tom Brady knows Lucas Oil Stadium like the back of his hand as evidenced by his numerous matches with Peyton there and the fact that the Giants have beaten the Patriots in the last two meetings. The hype meter will die down as quickly as it gained momentum as the Patriots will spoil the Giants magical run. Brady will get ring number four and will forever cement his name in a league that only contains the name Montana.
    4 years ago the odds favored the Patriots BIG TIME. And what happened? The Giants proved to be a better team with a better Quarter Back. Sure, you can score 4 TD's in one quarter, but against who and under what conditions? It is not the same for you to kill a 4 soldiers in a random house than for you to kill the enemy country's president and thus win the war. The Helmet Catch was the biggest play I have ever seen in a Super Bowl, and with reason it was crowned as the greatest Football Play of the 2000's. This could only be achieved with a Quarter Back as good and as talented as Eli Manning, who will win his 2nd Super Bowl and prove to America that he is, indeed, an elite football Quarter Back. But enough with the pre-game talk. We will see who wins in Indianapolis.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    4 years ago the odds favored the Patriots BIG TIME. And what happened? The Giants proved to be a better team with a better Quarter Back. Sure, you can score 4 TD's in one quarter, but against who and under what conditions? It is not the same for you to kill a 4 soldiers in a random house than for you to kill the enemy country's president and thus win the war. The Helmet Catch was the biggest play I have ever seen in a Super Bowl, and with reason it was crowned as the greatest Football Play of the 2000's. This could only be achieved with a Quarter Back as good and as talented as Eli Manning, who will win his 2nd Super Bowl and prove to America that he is, indeed, an elite football Quarter Back. But enough with the pre-game talk. We will see who wins in Indianapolis.
    Winning 1 or 2 big games doesn't make you a better quarterback. Statistically speaking Eli still has a lot of work ahead of him to get on Brady's level.
    If you don't believe that, then you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post

You suck fatty.
    Football sucks.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

Football sucks.

Gtfo please.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Gtfo please.
    Russians don't follow football.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post

Russians don't follow football.
    Fuck your blood with my dick.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Winning 1 or 2 big games doesn't make you a better quarterback. Statistically speaking Eli still has a lot of work ahead of him to get on Brady's level.
    If you don't believe that, then you obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    Take the last games for each QB. Sure, Manning was not at his best either. But he managed to keep getting back up from the ground. And it is no fucking secret that the 49ers defense is 10 times better than Baltimore's. And yet Brady gave off multiple interceptions- including the one in the end zone, were he could've put the Ravens down for good. 4 years ago it was a huge surprise that Eli was the MVP of the SB. Now, if he manages to get it again, nobody will be surprised. Why? Because the kid has fucking talent. The Patriots were lucky last Sunday. The Touchdown ball drop that would've put the Ravens in Indianapolis was pathetic, but the FG miss was utterly absurd. You don't see people calling the Patriots as huge favorites as they did 4 years ago. Why? Because there is no 18-0 anymore. Because there is no 'The Legendary Tom Brady' anymore. There is, however, the matured and better Eli Manning. And he will make the difference.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Fuck your blood with my dick.
    Do want penis

/inb4gay

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    Take the last games for each QB. Sure, Manning was not at his best either. But he managed to keep getting back up from the ground. And it is no fucking secret that the 49ers defense is 10 times better than Baltimore's. And yet Brady gave off multiple interceptions- including the one in the end zone, were he could've put the Ravens down for good. 4 years ago it was a huge surprise that Eli was the MVP of the SB. Now, if he manages to get it again, nobody will be surprised. Why? Because the kid has fucking talent. The Patriots were lucky last Sunday. The Touchdown ball drop that would've put the Ravens in Indianapolis was pathetic, but the FG miss was utterly absurd. You don't see people calling the Patriots as huge favorites as they did 4 years ago. Why? Because there is no 18-0 anymore. Because there is no 'The Legendary Tom Brady' anymore. There is, however, the matured and better Eli Manning. And he will make the difference.
    Way to sidestep what I said only to talk more about how great Eli is.
    I never said Eli was bad, he's a great quarterback. I also think that your perceptions of Brady being washed up are pretty ridiculous.
    Like I said, our defense was one of the worst in the NFL, which basically put all the pressure on our offense.
    That being said, I think we did pretty Goddamn good considering the odds.
    Again, I will say this. Statistically Brady is the better quarterback..you can't sit here and argue a fact with me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Giants all day, niiggaaa.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Patriots. Fking giants cheated on my team COWBOYS.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by iPewPew View Post
    Patriots. Fking giants cheated on my team COWBOYS.
    Giants>Pats

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post

Giants>Pats

Yayy New York
    In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
    -Shing Xiong

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Quote Originally Posted by Embrehh View Post

Yayy New York
    Damn right,

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    I feel sad. I don't know shit about foot ball.
    Resource Team: Feb/5/2012 - May/5/2012
    Middleman: April/25/2012 - September/16/12

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123