Poll: Should I post this on Youtube?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: MPGH Opinion

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

MPGH Opinion

I was inspired by a YouTube channel called StoryCorps. It's stories of many Americans who had issues and shared stories of the wonderful life they had/have. I decided to write this small 'letter', to my brother John. I might make a video of me reading and speaking, but not sure if I can. I hope you like my writing. Should I make a video/share my opinion to the world or not?

A Broken Toy:

By: Jakub (James) Navrkal

Dear John,

Before I was born, our mother who is Jewish and faithful to God, asked him in a prayer that she would get a red headed boy. She said she would do anything for this child, she asked God for a favor. Something she always wanted in her life. She declared she would love me no matter who or what I was, but as long as I was hers, she would be the happiest woman ever. Nine months later, I was born, but with a problem. I was born with Stickler Syndrome. It is a genetic disorder that is very rare and only passed it along a genetic bloodline of a family, there is a 50/50 chance that Stickler will passed on to a child from a carrier parent. I was born with a cleft and palate and couldn't feed properly. She didn't care, she loved me very much. She proudly showed me off to people, who seems to be surprised of my disorder, but they all loved me. My grandparents adored me and our large Jewish family fell in love me as soon as I was born. My mother had a problem when I was a child, I didn't get my cleft and palate fixed until I was around three years old because of the weight issues (I had to gain weight), the doctors didn't want to do it till I gained a lot of pounds.

So by the time I was already speaking I had it fix which was a problem as my speaking pattern was much different from that of a normal child who spoke without a cleft and a palate. Our mother had a major problem, she couldn't understand me. My speech was so bad, I would cry because I didn't get what I wanted and she would cry too because she didn't understand and couldn't help me. So we had a grown woman crying and hugging her toddler son on the kitchen floor. But, my mother didn't give up. Her heart swelled with joy of me and I ended up being really popular because of my friendly nature (she told me one time a woman had to return me because I was so friendly, she thought I was her child for a second as she was leaving the store). My mother did another prayer, she prayed to God for a connection between me and her. Something that would finally unite our family, she promises to love and adore you like she did with me. You wouldn't have to be perfect, but she would love you. You was born and wasn't affected by the genetic disorder, you're still a carrier, but had no symptoms. However, you was a major pain and my mother even said to me, "If your little brother was born first, I might not had more children!" Our grandmother said with a joking tone, "I put him in his best clothes, sat him out in the hall and nobody would take him!" she still love you very much. When you grew older, I was still speaking in my own native tongue, you quickly learned it.

Our mother got her wish, you understood me like you and I were speaking Russian and she couldn't understood, but you can clearly. I would tell you something and you told our mother, it helped because we could talk among ourselves without her knowing what was going on (like ganging up on the cat, evil little monsters we were). However, you were also a gift to me. While you helped me communicate to my mother about what I wanted to say, you also taught me how to say words. I would say words like, "Sanidwach." and you goes, "No, it's 'Sand-which."

We both grew up, we were close. You was like my best friend and we can hang out and talk, then we moved to a rather bad home. We were once close friends, but then you started doing thing that would hurt me badly just to fit in with the older and bigger crowds. I say words wrong and you would mocks me. I was left in a bad home with nobody to fall back and love on, a person who taught me to speak properly would now cut me down, a person who I trusted and loved with all my heart.. I was destroyed, God gave me a gift in which I will learn to speak proper. But, then again God has a funny way of doing things. I would sit alone all by myself as you and other kids would run off and play. I was lonely, really lonely. I just wanted love.

I don't hate you or anything. But, the taunting of, "Shicken?" "How do you say chicken? Oh right, Shicken." I was torn up as I was just a child. But, I still loved you, I only wanted to be accepted as a brother and a friend. Before, if a person would make fun of me, you would quickly stand up for me and defended me, you would try your best to make me happy. Even holding my hand to help me as always had trouble walking and falling down sometimes as I was younger. Now, you would mock me in front your friends or peers to fit in, you would put me down many times.

I honestly just wanted to fit in, I just wanted to be accepted from you. I had almost no friends at school, so you was my only 'friend'. But you would shut me out, after we was teenagers and then adults, something changed in you. You was just different and I don't know why. One day while we was staying at my real father, we had an argument. I told you that I love you and you looked at me and said, "Well, I don't." It made me cry and I was broken, I was empty and destroyed deep inside. You only smirked and didn't seems to care.. after that we didn't really connect anymore.

I was alone and with nobody to hang out, everyone was doing their own things. You and Aaron would hang out and have fun, go to parties and stuff, but I was all alone in my room. Forgetten like a broken toy like we had to share, like a unwanted object in which you stow away.

I wrote this letter because of a warm connection you and I had today, I never made coffee before and you laughed at me a little. But you pretty much guided me like we did as children, you walked me through the steps like you did while I was walking properly and speaking. You didn't try and put me down or make fun of me as I fumbles with the stupid coffee filter. But at the end we completed our task, like a broken toy you glued me back together.

I know now perhaps we can't have a good relationship going I do with with Aaron, a broken toy can be fixed you know. Perhaps in the future you'll fix me, perhaps not. But, I will wait for you to find me among the junks John. I love you very much, you might not say that back or even care. But like a broken toy, I will always be there for you.

Jakub,

Your brother.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 01-27-2012 at 03:58 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

Ed (01-27-2012),gladio30 (01-27-2012),Julma Henri (01-28-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Is this a true story? It's very touching

R.I.P a great GM

Quote Originally Posted by Assalamu alaikum View Post
    what? maybe stop talk with riddles and with words i am not even know.

Thanks
    My relationships with my brothers is completely different from the way it was when we were kids. I guess its just the way it goes.

^Thanks to RJ^

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Physcadelic View Post
    Is this a true story? It's very touching
    It is. Sadly.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sneaky
    Wow that's sad

successful trades:
    killingspirit, Zeus, Bubbles, BigNuts, IPhone4S, BurnRed, PooPoo12345, kolec94, Nexon, TJBRocker, xXBrokenBonezXx

Current Games:

MW3, Black Ops 2, TF2

Total money spent buying CA accounts:

200 Dollars

Total money on CA:

755 Dollars

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored
    Keep personal stuff personal. So yeah no reason to post it on yt.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    I liked it. It might need a little more explanation on the part were your brother 'changed'- when did you notice, and give more examples of this behavior in order to increase the feeling of impotence and sadness on the reader. Nonetheless, it is still a very touching story. Good job.
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by natiko View Post
    I liked it. It might need a little more explanation on the part were your brother 'changed'- when did you notice, and give more examples of this behavior in order to increase the feeling of impotence and sadness on the reader. Nonetheless, it is still a very touching story. Good job.
    I sadly already did in a few parts. Such as his attitude changing when he met older and bigger crowds so he can fit in.

Expert at leaving women disappointed physically and emotionally.
    Premium Seller
    Premium Member
    Minionforce
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDutch View Post
    Keep personal stuff personal. So yeah no reason to post it on yt.
    This .

I smoke dix daily.
    I am Dix, and Arun is my master.
    I'M #1 NIGXMAS SCAMMER